The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

did anyone else...

I have the perfect hockey wife, but she’s been with me since I was playing and any loss or me playing a bad game would cause me a to act like 10 year old who didn’t get his way, hey hockey has been a big part of my life, basically on skates since I could walk. Now she knows I get the same way after a Canucks playoff loss. She knows to not ask any questions and basically leaves me alone till I cool off. Then when I get more talkative she usually tries to do something to cheer me up. It doesn’t take away the pain completely but it sure makes things a bit better.

I don't talk hockey with anyone except writing about it here.

I have a gf that does not even know what the NHL is.

Sums up that the NHL is insignificant in the grand abundance of this gift of life we were given.

On one hand, you probably shouldn't get into a fight with your gf over a hockey game, but on the other hand, investing emotion into the game is what makes it fun in the first place. If you get super upset after a regular season loss then you probably have a problem, but I think it's pretty understandable to be upset after that debacle in game 2 (just don't take it out on your significant other!).

In my case, my gf is a Habs fan. On the upside, she understands being a hockey fan, on the downside there are nights like Friday where she is happy as a clam, and I want to hide in a hole. It's tough being an inter-team couple come playoff time ;)

..get in a fight with their wife/girlfriend because they were so pissy after the game(s) this weekend?

I did.

Is it too much to ask wives/girlfriends to follow the Canucks playoffs, and decrease their expectations of us after a loss? Seriously...all the info you need is online. Download the calendar to your iphone, set up text alerts...and be there for us when we emotionally unravel after a playoff loss.

ex:

text alert! Canucks blow a 2-1 lead in the final minute, Sharts come back to take a 2-0 series lead.

action: bring your boyfriend/husband a stiff drink. Curse the refs/opponents; otherwise say nothing until stewing has ceased.

Nah, I never get too upset about something I can't control.

However, I do like to sulk and act unhappy so that I can be pampered and spoiled after a loss. I pretty much act the same way when I am sick.

Sure, it's kind of manipulative but sometimes a man needs a back rub. You know?

If your loved one doesn't share your passions then perhaps that person isn't right for you or you aren't a big enough Canucks fan if you don't care about it. People should stopped being so whipped by their wives. It's your life don't let someone take it from you by arguing how you want to live it.

..get in a fight with their wife/girlfriend because they were so pissy after the game(s) this weekend?

I did.

Is it too much to ask wives/girlfriends to follow the Canucks playoffs, and decrease their expectations of us after a loss? Seriously...all the info you need is online. Download the calendar to your iphone, set up text alerts...and be there for us when we emotionally unravel after a playoff loss.

ex:

text alert! Canucks blow a 2-1 lead in the final minute, Sharts come back to take a 2-0 series lead.

action: bring your boyfriend/husband a stiff drink. Curse the refs/opponents; otherwise say nothing until stewing has ceased.

Oh ya i got given it Friday nigth for being up late(she worked at 5 am) and swearing and yelling at the TV and then last night before the game got another talking to about yelling and screaming and how she would cut the cable to the tv if it happened again. lol

Archived