#1 Vancouver Canucks 30

Vancouver Canucks 30

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

http://prohockeytalk...k-of-integrity/

Down 0-3 in their opening-round series against the Sharks, the Canucks went on the offensive on Monday.

Defenseman Kevin Bieksa called out San Jose forwards Joe Thornton and Logan Couture, suggesting both were trying to sell calls to officials.

“It’s a lack of integrity,” Bieksa said. “Couture has been snapping his head back. This isn’t my opinion. The evidence is in the video.”

Posted Image

Bieksa also took aim at the pair’s “Canadian-ness,” — you know, the Don Cherry-esque theory where all good Canadian boys play the game honest and never dive to draw penalties — suggesting the Sharks forwards were, for a lack of a better term, frauds.

“Those are two Canadian guys who are supposed to be playing the game with integrity,” Bieksa continued. “Maybe our team has to do more of that.

“Thornton, another so-called Canadian — he gets slashed, takes his glove off, shakes his hand.”
When asked about Bieksa’s comments, head coach Alain Vigneault offered up “we’re the embellishers,” as his reply.

(Note: The comment ripping with sarcasm. Also, embellishers isn’t a word.)

But staying on the embellishment front, it’s worth noting that Bieksa has gone down this road before.
During the 2011 Western Conference semifinal against Nashville, he warned that diving could damage the game and the reputation of the offending team.

“I know guys will do whatever it takes for a power play to win a game,” he told The Province. “But sometimes they’re crossing that line of integrity.

“I think for the better of the game, for the good of the game we need people to stay on that line and not cross it, and not dive and exaggerate for calls.”

The catch here?

Bieksa was responding to allegations the Canucks were embellishing to draw penalties against the Predators.

Edited by SSM30, 06 May 2013 - 04:43 PM.

#2 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

couture and thornton for sure were selling the calls..... did you not watch makavelis vid?

#3 yabadabadoo

yabadabadoo

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

Thanks Juice!!! It's not like we couldn't see that for ourselves...what took you so long to call out the Sharks?

#4 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,372 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

Thornton is queen of the diving committee.

Subbancopy.jpg

#5 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,187 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

So THAT is why we're losing.
Posted Image

#6 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

Have any of our coaches/management called out the extremely biased officiating in this series? I know our team hasn't been playing very well, but the screwjob is in.

#7 eagleeyedak

eagleeyedak

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

POPULAR

So THAT is why we're losing.

You really think that with our team right now, and particularly our offense, that we're good enough to overcome a +10 PP advantage for the Sharks through 3 games?

Yes, its a very significant part of why we're losing.

#8 Don Draper

Don Draper

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

POPULAR

Hard to call out the other team when ours is constantly diving. Pretty much the pot calling the kettle black..

#9 Industrious1

Industrious1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

At this point I don't think the Canucks should be saying anything about the Sharks (true or not).

The players need to tune everything out and concentrate on winning the next game. All diving aside...the real reason Vancouver is losing this series is because of Vancouver.

#10 Barry_Wilkins

Barry_Wilkins

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Bieksa should shut his trap and put all his energies into playing hockey himself. He's been brutal.

Also, he just excused, however unintentionally, the refs for their disgraceful performance last night by implying that they couldn't avoid calling penalties against the Canucks because of the embellishment. But that's why they have the offsetting embellishment minor.

#11 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

Bieksa should shut his trap and put all his energies into playing hockey himself. He's been brutal.

Also, he just excused, however unintentionally, the refs for their disgraceful performance last night by implying that they couldn't avoid calling penalties against the Canucks because of the embellishment. But that's why they have the offsetting embellishment minor.

Was literally just typing these exact words when I saw your post.

If you're going down, at least go down with class and grace.

Edited by MJDDawg, 06 May 2013 - 03:12 PM.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#12 eagleeyedak

eagleeyedak

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

At this point I don't think the Canucks should be saying anything about the Sharks (true or not).

The players need to tune everything out and concentrate on winning the next game. All diving aside...the real reason Vancouver is losing this series is because of Vancouver.

Out PP'd 17-7...really, its 16-6, when you take out the 3sec one each team had from the call against Hank from the faceoff circle. Of those, one of ours came from a puck flipped over the boards by the Sharks (automatic)...16-5.

We're not a great team. Any team, however, is going to look bad when they're out PP'd 3-1 every game.

#13 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,187 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

You really think that with our team right now, and particularly our offense, that we're good enough to overcome a +10 PP advantage for the Sharks through 3 games?

Yes, its a very significant part of why we're losing.

They should learn to stay out of the box then.
Posted Image

#14 eagleeyedak

eagleeyedak

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

They should learn to stay out of the box then.

Yeah, that's sorta everyone's point. Have you watched the video on the other thread on the front page right? My personal favorites are all of Couture's dives, the Desjardins' glove on the puck pulling it out of goal and Couture's throwing the puck out of the zone on the 5-on-4 last night.

#15 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

POPULAR

Couture goes FLYING into the boards with a flick of Bieksa's hand.

Posted Image

Edited by M A K A V E L I 96, 06 May 2013 - 03:19 PM.

Posted Image

#16 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

....because they are diving like they're in training for the next summer Olympics!
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#17 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

Bieksa should start doing stuff that would help our team rather than whine about the other team. Our whole team is like this, complaining and whining about all kinds of stuff.

Just for once can we play a full 60 minute game with no complaints?
Posted Image

#18 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,580 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

Bieksa needs to shut the **** up and focus on his own game....plenty of work there.
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#19 Cigano

Cigano

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:21 PM

Does Bieksa not realize he is playing on the same team as Kesler, Burrows? That is just a sore loser thing to say. Every team has divers and embellishers. That is sports, no need to point it out as an excuse.
Posted Image
credit to VINTAGE CANUCK

#20 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

It's pretty obvious to everyone in the arena when players are embellishing so dramatically. This is all on the refs. They are looking for any reason to call a penalty on the Canucks even when they know the Sharks are embellishing. Biased officiating is the real problem with this series.

#21 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

thanks juice, for a few moments in the series i thought you actually played for the sharks.

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#22 BRAVEMAN91

BRAVEMAN91

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

Only thing this reminds me of....sort of. Is Jonathan Toews after game 3 when he said "We need to expose them for whay they are" He backed up his words and damn near almost pulled off the 0-3 comeback.

All the pressure is on the Sharks to close this series out. We will find out what mettle this Sharks team has. Canucks just need to relax, no one is expecting anything. Just play smart, have fun... You never know.
Posted Image

Follow Me on Twitter: @braveman91
Checkout my Canuck videos on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/braveman91

#23 InTheCrease

InTheCrease

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

Everyone has been brutal, but as for D, not nearly as brutal as Edler, he needs to get parked in the press box.

Bieksa is saying that to get at the Sharks and get their focus off tomorrow
I played for the Leafs for three years, Im used to the booing so it wont affect me - Kyle Wellwood

#24 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,187 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

Yeah, that's sorta everyone's point. Have you watched the video on the other thread on the front page right? My personal favorites are all of Couture's dives, the Desjardins' glove on the puck pulling it out of goal and Couture's throwing the puck out of the zone on the 5-on-4 last night.

No, but I'll look.
Posted Image

#25 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,507 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

So what - every team does it.

Deal with it - no need to call another team out on it.

My issue is - the Canucks get called for it, but teams they play rarely get called.....

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#26 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

Only thing this reminds me of....sort of. Is Jonathan Toews after game 3 when he said "We need to expose them for whay they are" He backed up his words and damn near almost pulled off the 0-3 comeback.

All the pressure is on the Sharks to close this series out. We will find out what mettle this Sharks team has. Canucks just need to relax, no one is expecting anything. Just play smart, have fun... You never know.

The thing is that our wonder twins don't have the killer instinct and fire of Toews. Even if this team was as good as the hawks are this season, there is no chance in hell we would have ever went on an unbeaten streak for that long. The Sedins don't want to win as badly as others. I could be wrong. They might want to win really badly, but they aren't doing the things you need to do to win. In the postgame, Henrik said they needed to be calmer. That is everything that is wrong with the Sedins. They think being calm will always win them games. They need to up their intensity to another level, but they just don't do it.

Edited by The Brahma Bull, 06 May 2013 - 03:40 PM.

#27 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

So what - every team does it.

Deal with it - no need to call another team out on it.

My issue is - the Canucks get called for it, but teams they play rarely get called.....

I agree. The officiating is very biased in this officiating.

#28 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

Well he's right.

But if you're down 3-0 in a series you shut up and worry about how you're going to win 4 straight, not cry about the other team's antics.
Posted Image

#29 Stelar

Stelar

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

Good god man, could it be any more embarrassing to be a Canucks fan right now.

Bieksa, than man who cranks Havlat in the crank says this. Quite sad actually. Maybe trying to divert attention from our starting goalie who was basically crying in the post game.

:picard:
Things you own, end up owning you.

#30 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,187 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

Couture goes FLYING into the boards with a flick of Bieksa's hand.

Posted Image

:lol:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.