The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bieksa says Sharks are Diving - Questions their "Canadianess" ***With Video***

Why do you douuches even come here, if you aren't going to support the team with positivity. There is less than 1% who deserve the ability to post on these boards, let alone should be allowed to call themselves fans.

If the Canucks could actually score on the PP, then he has a point. But until then, he can shut the hell up.

And I also find it funny as hell when Henrik Sedin said "we need to be more disciplined" in the post game comments, and he was the one who took the most senseless penalty of the game.

Bieksa is a huge part of the problem. So I guess he thinks he needs to secure his cushy (and undeserved at this point) premium position on this team of entitled core players by taking the focus off of their actual play which has sucked. He also feels the need to do his best to ensure he helps give AV enough excuses to keep his job - as he might not keep his cushy position with the next coach if he plays like crap.

The diving and the weak calls are definitely not why we haven't won. But it is a factor, especially when you consider that our series has the greatest disparity between number of PP opportunities by a country mile.

SJ has the lowest average PIM per game of all teams in the playoffs at 6.7. Vancouver is 10th with 14.0. Every single team with a higher average PIM/g than us has received majors and misconducts to account for their increase. (The next most penalized team that also has not received any majors is Anaheim. Their average PIM/g is 11.3.)

SJ has had the most PP time in the playoffs of all teams at 27:19. Vancouver is 14th, having had only 10:24 of PP time. The only 2 teams with less PP time than us are Toronto and Boston who are, of course, playing one another. We have had only 22 seconds more of PP time than the team with the least amount. SJ has had 2:23 more PP time than the team with the second highest amount.

SJ has had the most 5-on-4 opportunities of all teams in the playoffs, with 16. The next most is 12. Vancouver has had only 6, putting us in a 3-way tie with NYI and Boston for the fewest.

SJ is in a 4-way tie for the fewest number of penalties called against, with only 10. Vancouver is 14th, having been penalized 21 times (all minors). Only Montreal has received more minor penalties than we have with their 26, but their opponent, Ottawa, has received 19.

Scoring is still our BIGGEST issue, hands down. And some of the penalty troubles are squarely on our guys, but no way does our team deserve to be one of the most penalized in the playoffs and no way is SJ playing so perfectly that they don't deserve more. The reffing is bull.

At this point I don't think the Canucks should be saying anything about the Sharks (true or not).

The players need to tune everything out and concentrate on winning the next game. All diving aside...the real reason Vancouver is losing this series is because of Vancouver.

Nobody seems to be picking up on the obvious meaning of "Canadianess"

It's a commentary about how the so-called soft Swedish Canucks stars --the Sedins -- have been treated by the league; getting sent off for weak sauce while getting mugged game after game, versus; how the Canadian stars of American teams get treated. There can be no doubt that there has been a directive for the refs to protect Logan Couture. He is untouchable. He knows it and goes down easier and easier every time.

I think it is pretty moronic for anyone here to talk about Canucks diving in the past. Have they done it in this series? Then GTFO. KB3 has credibility on this matter and even was on a committee that blackballed one of his own teammates (Burr).

What's more troubling is that the 2011 Bruins dove WAY more than the Canucks in every series they played, just ask TBL fans. Last years Kings where brutal for it. And yet some of you people here are drinking the kool-aid from unfriendly media and fans and are buying this crap that the Canucks are the dirtiest, whiniest, most undisclipined, diviest, team in the history of hockey AND THEREFORE IT IS OKAY FOR OTHER TEAMS TO DIVE AND GET CALLS AGAINST US IN PERPETUITY? GTFO.

The facts are the Canucks; despite being one of the most disclipined and cleanest, skill based teams of the last decade, have been painted somehow as just the opposite.

If I owned the team I would invest a great deal of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to fight fire with fire. Because I can tell you this, when it comes to business in the good ol US of A they don't fight fair. You better believe that a man like Jeremy Jacobs uses his billions any way he can to help his investment win on and off this ice.

Archived