The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bieksa says Sharks are Diving - Questions their "Canadianess" ***With Video***

What Bieksa is saying is what is the truth.

The crappy officiating goes hand in hand with the theatrics of Joe and Co..

I have zero respect for the way Joe and his buddies have played the refs and less respect for the refs.

It is really embarrassing and has ruined this series for fans and the Canucks.

Nice to see Juice stand up, hopefully he had those same conversations with Burrows, and Kes, sh*t half the team back in 11.

Juice needs to drop the gloves with Joe, like he did with Marleau back then, give him the beats. If you are gonna take penalties anyway you might as well make em count, send a message, unfortunately it may not mean anything until next year.

I think we may need a melee similar to what happened with Montreal and Ottawa, but alas may be to little too late.

Gary Valk correctly points out that the game changing goal was the 5 on 3 goal in which Joe had his hand hit with a Canucks stick.

As Gary Valk correctly states ,Joe screams " O wwwwwwwwww!!!" and then pulls off his glove and shakes it while holding the puck so everybody sees,the ref puts up his hand and calls the 5-on 3.

Big credibility gap when Joe pulls off the left glove when the right hand was hit.Screaming and crying Joe.What a coward.

Gary Valk correctly points out that the game changing goal was the 5 on 3 goal in which Joe had his hand hit with a Canucks stick.

As Gary Valk correctly states ,Joe screams " O wwwwwwwwww!!!" and then pulls off his glove and shakes it while holding the puck so everybody sees,the ref puts up his hand and calls the 5-on 3.

Big credibility gap when Joe pulls off the left glove when the right hand was hit.Screaming and crying Joe.What a coward.

I don't know what to say other then this was to be expected... just go back to the Boston series and see which way the penalties were called and that should explain everything. Its been three seasons now with extremely questionable calls against Canucks in general. I dont follow any other teams so perhaps I'm biased towards Canucks.

With that being said other teams get the same treatment and get axed the same way as Canucks... unfortunately this comes down from Shanny and obviously trickles down to the awful reffering... just look at the suspension on Eric Gryba with the clean hit on Lars Eller; in my opinion and everybody around the league that was a clean hit which ended up with Eller being hurt on the impact with ice which sucks, but hitting the ice head first will be painful... this somehow warranted a 2 game suspension???

The same day Andrew Ferrence of Boson Bruins deliberately went headhunting and threw a elbow to the head of Mikhail Grabovski and somehow, magically Ferrence gets a one game suspension... Give the guy 10 games and nobody around the league will go headhunting... whats a game going to do especially when the player is not being played in the play off series. Yeah I know its the pride and a playoff game equals 4 regular games and so on, but at least the league has to do better...

Remember the Boston series and Raymond breaking his back on a hit from Boychuck??? Raymond didn't even have the puck, yet no penalty or suspension on the hit...

There were so many bogus calls and no calls during that series its hurts to just even think what the players went through.

(I'm not a fan nor watching any of the teams listed above so please dont call my opinion biased)

Normally I'm OK with a bad call here or there(they used to have makeup calls to even stuff out), but I have to say, and ask CDC, how would it feel knowing that everyday we show up for our jobs we get a craptastic treatment one way or another... and unfortunately the players/coaches/gm's can't call out the bush reffing and the officials or very very rarely...

How many jobs have we walked away/quit or asked for a department change or gave up clients just to get away from negativity/favoritism and so on? Its been at least a few times for me and I'm sure the majority have been through similar situations.

Its very hard to get motivated when any sign of momentum gain is killed by the atrocious referring every single game and perhaps that has to do a lot with or winning percentage... In my opinion, in order for Canucks to win, they have to beat the opposing team and the god awful reffing which is a little hard to do at times.

Now has Bieksa sucked this series? The answer is "yes" and does Bieksa have a right to complain about the awful officiating? The answer is ABSOLUTELY, especially since nobody else has the balls to do it. Not a Bieksa fan but props to him.

We could have possibly won at least one maybe two of those three games and the picture would be painted differently which would put the team in a completely different position than on the verge of being swept.

I really dont believe the players recovered from the Boston series in 2011... that series was a major blow to anyone's state of mind and will be forever in their minds and ours. I'm afraid some players will never recover..

Sorry for the lengthy post.

I don't know what to say other then this was to be expected... just go back to the Boston series and see which way the penalties were called and that should explain everything. Its been three seasons now with extremely questionable calls against Canucks in general. I dont follow any other teams so perhaps I'm biased towards Canucks.

With that being said other teams get the same treatment and get axed the same way as Canucks... unfortunately this comes down from Shanny and obviously trickles down to the awful reffering... just look at the suspension on Eric Gryba with the clean hit on Lars Eller; in my opinion and everybody around the league that was a clean hit which ended up with Eller being hurt on the impact with ice which sucks, but hitting the ice head first will be painful... this somehow warranted a 2 game suspension???

The same day Andrew Ferrence of Boson Bruins deliberately went headhunting and threw a elbow to the head of Mikhail Grabovski and somehow, magically Ferrence gets a one game suspension... Give the guy 10 games and nobody around the league will go headhunting... whats a game going to do especially when the player is not being played in the play off series. Yeah I know its the pride and a playoff game equals 4 regular games and so on, but at least the league has to do better...

Remember the Boston series and Raymond breaking his back on a hit from Boychuck??? Raymond didn't even have the puck, yet no penalty or suspension on the hit...

There were so many bogus calls and no calls during that series its hurts to just even think what the players went through.

(I'm not a fan nor watching any of the teams listed above so please dont call my opinion biased)

Normally I'm OK with a bad call here or there(they used to have makeup calls to even stuff out), but I have to say, and ask CDC, how would it feel knowing that everyday we show up for our jobs we get a craptastic treatment one way or another... and unfortunately the players/coaches/gm's can't call out the bush reffing and the officials or very very rarely...

How many jobs have we walked away/quit or asked for a department change or gave up clients just to get away from negativity/favoritism and so on? Its been at least a few times for me and I'm sure the majority have been through similar situations.

Its very hard to get motivated when any sign of momentum gain is killed by the atrocious referring every single game and perhaps that has to do a lot with or winning percentage... In my opinion, in order for Canucks to win, they have to beat the opposing team and the god awful reffing which is a little hard to do at times.

Now has Bieksa sucked this series? The answer is "yes" and does Bieksa have a right to complain about the awful officiating? The answer is ABSOLUTELY, especially since nobody else has the balls to do it. Not a Bieksa fan but props to him.

We could have possibly won at least one maybe two of those three games and the picture would be painted differently which would put the team in a completely different position than on the verge of being swept.

I really dont believe the players recovered from the Boston series in 2011... that series was a major blow to anyone's state of mind and will be forever in their minds and ours. I'm afraid some players will never recover..

I don't know if anyone remembers but the exact same think happened two years ago when they played them in the playoffs, only in reverse. It was the Sharks who were getting all the bad penalty calls against them and the Nucks were feasting on them.

Nice to see Juice stand up, hopefully he had those same conversations with Burrows, and Kes, sh*t half the team back in 11.

Juice needs to drop the gloves with Joe, like he did with Marleau back then, give him the beats. If you are gonna take penalties anyway you might as well make em count, send a message, unfortunately it may not mean anything until next year.

I think we may need a melee similar to what happened with Montreal and Ottawa, but alas may be to little too late.

Good for Bieksa, but it's unwise to chirp the refs and call out dives now. Game Management says this series needs extending, which means by a divine miracle the Canucks will get all of the calls in their favour for at least a game probably 2. If somehow, someway the sharks get all the calls and beat all the odds to sweep, then this series is on the refs no arguments but this will come down to Vancouver's ability to convert when they get chances. The game is a lot easier to play when the rulebook is on your side.

Archived