The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

White Noise Canucks Talk

Guest Gumballthechewy

So you'd take a Jordan Schroeder type?

honestly, with how the team is preforming and with what we got in prospects, we should seriously look into maybe selling off some unused/expendable assets for picks, and trade up for some serious prospects with lots of potential and size.

honestly, with how the team is preforming and with what we got in prospects, we should seriously look into maybe selling off some unused/expendable assets for picks, and trade up for some serious prospects with lots of potential and size.

All I want is Mantha. We need to multiply Kesler and Tanev.

Kesler-Kesler-Kassian

Kesler-Kesler-Mantha

Kesler-Gaunce-Kesler

Kesler-Kesler-Kesler

Tanev-Corrado

Tanev-Tanev

Corrado-Tanev

So you'd take a Jordan Schroeder type?

I'd take the best player available.

If my choices are a small'ish guy with NHL skill or a big guy who'd struggle to even contribute at the AHL level...

Here's hoping we have better options to chose from when we finally get to pick.

I'd take the best player available.

If my choices are a small'ish guy with NHL skill or a big guy who'd struggle to even contribute at the AHL level...

Here's hoping we have better options to chose from when we finally get to pick.

Good point. but I think a medium skill guy with size would be better than a guy with high skill but gets dominated.

Good point. but I think a medium skill guy with size would be better than a guy with high skill but gets dominated.

Again. Whoever the best player is. Size is a contributing factor to that.

But if my choice is Sestito or Schroeder...hello Jordan!

Guest Gumballthechewy

That said I have every confidence in Corey's abilities. People who think the sky's falling because of a couple questionable goals in ONE game need to give their heads a shake. Guy's the real deal.

No, I remember his start to this season, I'm not worried about him bouncing back. Nothing seems to phase this guy.

No, I remember his start to this season, I'm not worried about him bouncing back. Nothing seems to phase this guy.

me neither. I'm not worried about our goaltending. That's pretty much the only thing that there is to not worry about lol (until the offseason)

Guest Gumballthechewy

As much as I love this team, I hope that they get swept tonight a bit. I want to see major changes in the off-season, and I think losing in four straight is a lot more of a motivator for management to make changes than 5 or 6 games would be.

I feel bad saying it, but I kinda agree... :(

I'm curious on how this will all play out.. AV has always been a scapegoat for fans, but now.. Aquilini wants to win - and I'm pretty sure (don't quote me on this) that Gillis was put on the hot seat after last year. Now after being swept, can Gillis save his job by firing AV and/or the rest of the coaching staff or do he and AV share the same fate?

AV is no question, but I'd be surprised if gillis isn't fired as well. He's on the hotseat, and there really isn't an easy way to fix the team, it'll take years to do it properly, and he wouldn't last that long, so may as well begin anew.

I don't know about you guys here in CMNCT, all you reasoning fellows, but this outcome didn't surprise me at all. I went to three games this year, and even though they won two of them (against colorado), their compete level was horrid, and it was painfully obvious watching them live that nothing was clicking. They could barely get rolling for more than five minutes, and the only reason they'd win was because the other team was no where near the same skill level. So when you take a team that can't get their crap together, and place them in a best of seven against a team with skill and drive, it's painful to see how much they got worked.

Archived