The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sharks Playoff history (Canucks related)

Kamero89

The Sharks lost 4 in a row after being up 2-0 vs Edmonton in 2006, lost 4 in a row after being up 1-0 vs STL last year, got SWEPT by Chicago in 2010, lost to the 8th seed (Ducks) in 2009, lost 3 straight to the Wings in 2007 to lose the series, and blew a 3-0 series lead​ vs the Wings in 2011, only to win the series in 7.

When the Sharks lose, they lose in the most epic of fashions (worse than the Canucks). Now I am not saying it's going to happen by any means, but if it would happen against any team, it would be the Sharks.

Thronton and Marleau are minus players in elimination games.

Make History, Or We're History

We were the much better team in game 2, but a bad (not just Luongo) tying goal ruined it for us. In game 1, we were the inferior team and deservedly lost. Last game, 3 bad goals given up in the 3rd period by a rusty goalie killed our chances. If we get solid goaltending from Luongo (I'm assuming he'll start) and the team can play a solid 60+ minutes, we may be able to climb back into this series.

No more dumb penalties please!!!

We have only been the better team in one game. We have to be the better team to win, and right now we are not. To many players just skating around, and too many shots from the outside....

I still beleive we can turn/make this series a bit interesting, but got to play/beat them one period at a time.

Simple.

Schneider starts and its Sharks in 4.

Luongo starts and its Sharks in 5.

This team is terrible, Luongo has been the only Canuck to show up consistently all playoffs (Kesler was only good for half a game so far) and is quite frankly the only Canuck who deserves to be on this team. Ironic that he'll most likely be the only one getting moved, and with him the era of Vancouver contending will be over.

We were the much better team in game 2, but a bad (not just Luongo) tying goal ruined it for us. In game 1, we were the inferior team and deservedly lost. Last game, 3 bad goals given up in the 3rd period by a rusty goalie killed our chances. If we get solid goaltending from Luongo (I'm assuming he'll start) and the team can play a solid 60+ minutes, we may be able to climb back into this series.

No more dumb penalties please!!!

Someone needs to remind the Canucks of this! Either that or spike all their gatorade with kesler's beast mode powers! They need to go out there and play like they own that rink, they need to play with swagger and attitude and re-claim this series!

Archived