The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NitWitt's Master Plan 2014

I think, in order for the Canucks to evolve into a serious contender in the newly aligned divsion,big changes will be required. Look at the teams the Canucks will be facing in regular doses next year.

L.A.

San Jose

Anahiem

Phoenix

Edmonton

in less frequent doses

Chicago

St.Louis

Minny

With the current roster we could very well be looking at battling for the 8th hole and our team pushing the cap max. What Canuck fan will accept that type of reality.

This team needs so many things and Mike Gillis has completely missed the mark, also A.V. has passed his "Best Before Date".

Mr. Aquilini will have to find a G.M. who can manufactor a rebuild with dignity. Good players/people who have given so much to this team will need to be moved in order for the club to take a big step forward.

1) The Sedins are fantastic people and still wonderful players, however, they are dimishing assets and this will be even more amplified in the new division. Trade them to Buffalo where they can feast on teams like Detroit, Florida, Montreal, Toronto etc... They will get back to top 15 point getters in the NHL, maybe even top 10. In return we get Vanek and their 1st round pick(2013). This deal works for both teams without a doubt.

2)Loungo who is still on top of his game and has shown to be a true class act, we will very much miss him and he will always be cosidered the best goalie maybe even one of the best players this franchise has ever had. Trade to New Jersey along with Bieksa another great Canuck(core guy) for the rights to negotiate with David Clarkson and Adam Larsson. New Jersey does this because they get a true replacement for Brodeur and a number 2-3 defenceman that is in his prime.

3)Try with everthing they got and sign Bozak, Filppula, S.Weiss and Fistric.

4)Let go of Raymond. Roy, Ebbett, Sestito,Barker, Lapierre and obviously Malhotra

5)Deal Booth and Ballard for picks, hopefully 2nd rounders but probably 3rds. In this years draft.

New Lines:

Vanek-40 goals Kesler-30 goals,175 hits Clarkson-30 goals,150 hits

7.1 mil. 5.0 mil. 4.5 mil.

Higgins-20 goals Bozak-20goals,120 hits,2nd best faceoff in NHL Burrows- 20 goals,40 points

2.5 mil. 4.5 mil. 6 mil.

Filppula-15 goals,skilled S.Weiss-20 goals,good faceoff Kassian-10 goals,200 hits

4.25 mil. 4.0 mil. 844k

Weise-200 hits, speed B.Gaunce-NHL ready,young Linden Hansen-140 hits, speed

615k 925k 1.323 mil.

D-pairings:

Edler-cannot give up on this guy, so many tools. Tanev-could be our Shattenkirk or Seabrook

3.25 mil. 900k

Hamhuis-awesome year Garrison- plays well with Hammer

4.5 mil. 4.6 mil

Fistric-big nasty dman, 200+ hits A.Larsson-great size, skilled dman

2.15 mil. 1 more year at 925k

Alberts- 1.225 mil.

F. Corrado- 550k

Goalies:

C.Schnieder- 4 mil.

E.Lack- 650k

All in all, a much heavier team almost all players are 6'0 or taller and average weight 200lbs. Grittier, meaner, faster, better in the faceoffs, deep at center, plus able to start retooling our prospects pool,but most importantly better situated to compete against the top teams in our division.

As much of a player fan that I am, my heart will always be a Canuck fan first because " we are all Canucks".

PS. Kesler is the new Captain.

I think, in order for the Canucks to evolve into a serious contender in the newly aligned divsion,big changes will be required. Look at the teams the Canucks will be facing in regular doses next year.

L.A.

San Jose

Anahiem

Phoenix

Edmonton

in less frequent doses

Chicago

St.Louis

Minny

With the current roster we could very well be looking at battling for the 8th hole and our team pushing the cap max. What Canuck fan will accept that type of reality.

This team needs so many things and Mike Gillis has completely missed the mark, also A.V. has passed his "Best Before Date".

Mr. Aquilini will have to find a G.M. who can manufactor a rebuild with dignity. Good players/people who have given so much to this team will need to be moved in order for the club to take a big step forward.

1) The Sedins are fantastic people and still wonderful players, however, they are dimishing assets and this will be even more amplified in the new division. Trade them to Buffalo where they can feast on teams like Detroit, Florida, Montreal, Toronto etc... They will get back to top 15 point getters in the NHL, maybe even top 10. In return we get Vanek and their 1st round pick(2013). This deal works for both teams without a doubt.

2)Loungo who is still on top of his game and has shown to be a true class act, we will very much miss him and he will always be cosidered the best goalie maybe even one of the best players this franchise has ever had. Trade to New Jersey along with Bieksa another great Canuck(core guy) for the rights to negotiate with David Clarkson and Adam Larsson. New Jersey does this because they get a true replacement for Brodeur and a number 2-3 defenceman that is in his prime.

3)Try with everthing they got and sign Bozak, Filppula, S.Weiss and Fistric.

4)Let go of Raymond. Roy, Ebbett, Sestito,Barker, Lapierre and obviously Malhotra

5)Deal Booth and Ballard for picks, hopefully 2nd rounders but probably 3rds. In this years draft.

New Lines:

Vanek-40 goals Kesler-30 goals,175 hits Clarkson-30 goals,150 hits

7.1 mil. 5.0 mil. 4.5 mil.

Higgins-20 goals Bozak-20goals,120 hits,2nd best faceoff in NHL Burrows- 20 goals,40 points

2.5 mil. 4.5 mil. 6 mil.

Filppula-15 goals,skilled S.Weiss-20 goals,good faceoff Kassian-10 goals,200 hits

4.25 mil. 4.0 mil. 844k

Weise-200 hits, speed B.Gaunce-NHL ready,young Linden Hansen-140 hits, speed

615k 925k 1.323 mil.

D-pairings:

Edler-cannot give up on this guy, so many tools. Tanev-could be our Shattenkirk or Seabrook

3.25 mil. 900k

Hamhuis-awesome year Garrison- plays well with Hammer

4.5 mil. 4.6 mil

Fistric-big nasty dman, 200+ hits A.Larsson-great size, skilled dman

2.15 mil. 1 more year at 925k

Alberts- 1.225 mil.

F. Corrado- 550k

Goalies:

C.Schnieder- 4 mil.

E.Lack- 650k

All in all, a much heavier team almost all players are 6'0 or taller and average weight 200lbs. Grittier, meaner, faster, better in the faceoffs, deep at center, plus able to start retooling our prospects pool,but most importantly better situated to compete against the top teams in our division.

As much of a player fan that I am, my heart will always be a Canuck fan first because " we are all Canucks".

PS. Kesler is the new Captain.

I like your enthusiasm. I also like the idea of trying to get Filppula, as I wanted the Canucks to offer sheet him years ago. Truth be told, I would be happier with the Jets making a run at Filppula though. I also like the creativity with what the Canucks could get for dealing the Sedin's. Honestly, the return for them could/will be huge. They never get injured and are consistent performers (despite what fairweather Canuck fans think).

As for your assessment of Tanev, you are out to lunch on Mars. I follow the Jets/Islanders even more closely than I do the Canucks, and Tanev is no better than Travis Hamonic or Paul Postma. He's good, but he is strictly a shutdown defenseman with no offensive ability.

I like your enthusiasm. I also like the idea of trying to get Filppula, as I wanted the Canucks to offer sheet him years ago. Truth be told, I would be happier with the Jets making a run at Filppula though. I also like the creativity with what the Canucks could get for dealing the Sedin's. Honestly, the return for them could/will be huge. They never get injured and are consistent performers (despite what fairweather Canuck fans think).

As for your assessment of Tanev, you are out to lunch on Mars. I follow the Jets/Islanders even more closely than I do the Canucks, and Tanev is no better than Travis Hamonic or Paul Postma. He's good, but he is strictly a shutdown defenseman with no offensive ability.

• 3 weeks later...

Hated seeing the sedins being traded and almost stopped reading, I am surprised I liked the final lineup, the only thing is if we traded the sedins, we would def deserve 2 roster players minimum, especially since Vanek wants out, i think Vanek and grigorenko and a pick would make that more interesting for us. especially since flipulla signing with us I really dont see happening, hard to count on signing Bozak and weise, 2 of the big name UFAs, and there contracts are always inflated, usually never works out for a team too, but interesting proposal for sure! Different

I actually am interested in trading the sedins, problem is their contracts end next year so their value takes a hit. Also, Vanek and a good 1st round pick doesn't get it done for me.

Buffalo is my 2nd favorite team, and while I'd love to see the Sedins there it makes almost no sense for Buffalo since they're pretty much in rebuild mode.

i do agree with you that some core players do need to be moved in order to make a big change for this team but trading the sedins right now is not the right move. Maybe trading Edler Lou , buying out booth ballard and lettin manny lappy walk is good . Just bring up guys like jensen gaunce corrado schroeder and sign cheap players or two guys like torres or clarkson

Archived