The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kelly Sutherland explanation for call on Daniel Sedin

J529

The kicker is there's nothing we can do about it. If we say we're getting the bulk of bad and missed calls, we're just whiners. If our broadcasters/commentators say it, they're just homers. We need people who aren't Canucks fans to see it and say it because only then will anyone care or believe it. But that's never going to happen...because we're the diving whiners.

*sigh*

Well, even the Shark's commentators question that as being a penalty and that it was a hockey play. So I don't know how this "trailing ref" on the play make's this explanation. Canucks were going to lose regardless but to ruin a good game like this on that call, hopefully something is done to this ref in terms of disciplinary action. Gillis and the owner should make an official complaint. Anyone who reviews the video tape can't argue against them. You can't let this goal as this could of been a pay back call by a ref who had beef with AV.

shoulder to shoulder, clean hit, even the homer SJ announcers agreed, and they are the worst fanboys out there. they called for Roy's head on his hit, which they called an intentional headshot, even though he hit the guy's shoulder and his body never made contact with the head (that was the guy's own shoulder that did that).

Well what is done is done and actually I do hope the Sharks have a very successful play-offs.

For me if everything had of been the other way around (SJ getting all the penalties), I would be angry as well, let the players play (that is playoff hockey). Let the skill and the drive to win determine the series... that is all I ask, the refs should be there to insure player saftey and that no team is cheating, anything beyond that should be taken out of their influence especially in the playoffs.

They won because they scored more. Pure and simple. We could have won playing our way if our guys hadn't been so injured and had put better shots to the net, instead of just always hitting Thomas in the logo. (Don't get me wrong, I understand the desire to smash that logo with a speeding puck, it's just not a great scoring plan.)

If you would like to voice your displeasure in a respectful manner , here's the NHL Officials web site with contact link.

Bias or not the officiating in the NHL is inconsistant game to game all over the league and yes I do think some officials have vendettas against teams/ players / coaches and that's dishonest.

http://www.nhlofficials.com/

Archived