The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fire Kelly Sutherland... I invite you to like and get this rolling

platotld

Sounds like a great idea, nothing would thrill me more than to hear that biased piece of garbage tossed from the league with his pension gone too. But that wouldn't fix anything. Complaining to the league also accomplishes nothing as they're ultimately the force behind this. This league is not set up for our enjoyment. It's a business plain and simple, and any business runs on cash flow. So although the idea setting up a facebook page sounds great the real people you have to influence are the advertizers. If every Canadian hockey fan wrote an email to any and all of the advertizers that sponsor these preditermined shams and complain that as long as they continue to do so that they will not purchase their products, then you will smack Gary "Preditermined Stanley Cup Winner" Bettman right where it hurts. Anything else or less would be urinating into the wind. I'm gonna contact the NHL and see if I can find out who's gonna win next years Stanley Cup. I'm sure it's allredy been decided...........

why because i dont blame refs like a little girl ... to get PPs you must work hard and apply and have sustained pressure on your opponent and it causes them to take penalties.... canucks applied 0 pressure all series sharks were never despereate enough on any shift to take a penalty.. not like our D getting beat every other shifts causing them to get hooking and holding calls becasue they couldnt skate with the sharks........

it makes me embarrased to be a canuck fan and being lumped in with all these fans that cry about refs and consipracy theorys ....just because our players are cry babys doesnt mean the fans have to be.

Finding out this guy was the referee in 2011 for the Stanley Cup Finals, and seeing what crap we had to go through in that series, especially when we out played the other team almost every night and still lose is a joke. I'm not one to go after a ref even though I beleive a ref can alter a game anyway they chose, but after seeing what happened in 2011 and seeing what happened this year something just isn't right. The amount of penalties we were given this series compaired to San Jose is a joke, don't get me wrong game 1 and game 2 Canucks were out played they didn't deserve to win, but game 3 and game 4 I felt the Canucks did out play San Jose and should of been given a fair chance on the PP and they weren't.

The amount of abuse the Canucks went through in 2011 was just ridiculous, they could get pushed and hit and cheap shoted all day, but as soon as they try to make a little contact they would get a penalty and this is the same thing that happened in this series, and go figure it's the same ref. You can say excuses whatever you want, but you can't deny the fact it was WAY un even in penalties, and how the hell is a team suppose to compete against another team who is on the PP more than half the time you are? you just can't.

Penalties 2013 Playoffs

San/Van

13/28

why because i dont blame refs like a little girl ... to get PPs you must work hard and apply and have sustained pressure on your opponent and it causes them to take penalties.... canucks applied 0 pressure all series sharks were never despereate enough on any shift to take a penalty.. not like our D getting beat every other shifts causing them to get hooking and holding calls becasue they couldnt skate with the sharks........

Remember when i said the NHL was rigged?

Well who's laughing now!?!

(Not me. My assessment of this seasons' team was 1st round loss anyway. However, my grim long-term assessment is that this team is simply not allowed to have any sustained success.)

Funny how people start to say that the ref costed us the series, and most of them did not even remember that the reffing 2 seasons ago was as bad, if not worse, than this season.

People will forget, and choose to pretend nothin happened. This is human nature.

I used to disagree with this assessment, but a couple of years ago I had a conversation with someone who is a giant in the league whose name I cannot divulge. He informed me that while the games are not literally rigged, there is every effort made to assist in outcomes. Certain teams are coddled, while others are impaired, however slightly.

I know I'll get a bunch of guff for bringing it up again, but your comment has a sad air of truth to it.

Archived