The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stop blaming the goddamned refs

Deke

I agree they've been better. But I keep thinking back to Todd Mcllelans press conferences praising the refs when the media asked him what he thought of Bieksa and Keslers comments. Even though they didnt overtly question the reffing by insinuating they were missing the sharks dives of course they would nail them to the wall considering the past. Its not right but i gurantee if the canucks had not made comments related to officials integrity during the course of this series.. We do not see nearly the amount of PP disparity.

Comments started before game 2.

Game 1 was a couple of iffy calls yes. But the canucks really were not in that game and other than the Kassian call which was borderline since it was a high hit, i don't think the canucks worked hard enough to get more PPs than San Jose in that game.

Game 2 yea definitely but not game 1.

Comments started before game 2.

Game 1 was a couple of iffy calls yes. But the canucks really were not in that game and other than the Kassian call which was borderline since it was a high hit, i don't think the canucks worked hard enough to get more PPs than San Jose in that game.

Game 2 yea definitely but not game 1.

Indeed we are probably the team under the most scrutiny in the whole league and rightly so with our rep. Doesn't help that we still have all the players on our roster who earned that rep. Never mind the fact that, despite pious arguments to the contrary, we still embellish a fair bit and every time we "get caught" (Kesler in Game 3 in the first) the refs stick it to us good. The rest of Game 3 was a travesty. The only solution I see is to lose the problem children and change the whole philosophy of the team, no more of this "thinking outside the box" nonsense. Big job, maybe impossible.

I watched this crosscheck last night, totally ignored by the official standing 25 feet away. Of course it was Chicago at home. It looked even worse at full speed and the fact that he continued to hammer the player as he was trying to get up was also ignored.

noIRr2m.png

zT7oCQc.png

MRkx07O.png

MLB seems to have things well in hand, maybe they NHL should take a page from them and require accountability.http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/league-suspends-crew-chief-fieldin-culbreth-umpires-fined-error-houston-astros-game-051013 I wouldn't care if we lost 10-1 as long as the refs were fair about calling penalties. Until there is accountability with NHL refs and they get fines and suspension for blatant disregard for the rules of officiating and screwing up calls, there will be no chance. Heck, if players can get fined and suspended in a hearing post game, why can't the same be done for officials in the NHL?

Are any of you guys and gals watching the Toronto/Boston series? My God, the stuff Toronto is getting away with is ridiculous. The tilted playing surface in the playoffs should make league management types cringe. Toronto seemingly just can't commit an act serious enough to merit a two minute penalty.

I'm embarrassed for the NHL.

Of course they blew calls and heavily favored the Sharks. This is a fact.

Also a fact is that our prima donna offense decided to phone it in last night after embarrassing themselves in the first 3 games. When you play so poorly that you should be ashamed, you should come out the next game with a little goddamned fire in your belly rather than daydreaming about your upcoming tee times and vacation to bora bora.

We can't fire the refs, but we can chop off some heads in the locker room to prove to the younger players that millionaire attitudes won't be tolerated on the Canucks. Sigh.

Reffs putting their whistles away in the game in Boston, saw 2 very similar hits that Daniel got his penalty on and the reffs didn't even look at it. Couple of boarding call and cross checks that the Nucks were called for every time and high cheap shots by both teams are being let go by the reffs.

the refs in every series are ruining good hockey just look at the anaheim vs detroit game thank god the wings won after that brutal non call on perry

at the end of the day if the refs keep this effort up they are going to taint the cup final

I wouldn't say the problem was the refs. After the first game you got a good taste of how things were going. A lot of calls this year were based on reputation. Unfortunately, ours isn't great. Fair? No. But it's been steady. The Canucks had plenty of time to realize that the calls weren't going their way. The only way to respond to that is by not putting the refs in a position to make the call. You had our "core guys" doing interviews about the importance of discipline. Then the next game starts and one of those guys takes a stupid, early penalty.

If the refs suck don't put your fate in their hands. That simple.

Archived