The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

12pm Press Conference on Thursday

kirkmclean1994

The Canucks might benefit from a change of coaches; they all run their course, but I am not going to be happy to see AV fired. Great coach. He'll be successful anywhere he goes, and he'll be missed behind the Canucks bench. I always found AV to be refreshing, especially compared to Craw before him.

For me it's Quinn and then AV.

Ripping the refs could come back to haunt them next year.

I hope they take a PR stance and address before next season that they are going to work on their reputation around the league and just "play the game"

It's clear that you can't beat the NHL...

just ask Jim Balsille

If AV gets fired it's not because he's a bad coach, it's because the team needs a new spark and new direction.

There's a reason why long term coaches rarely win the cup. Players just stop buying into what they're selling after years of falling short.

AV is a defense first coach trying to coach an offense first team. Gillis should have realized this the moment he got here. Either give him big two way players to coach, or hire a new coach. It showed in the Boston series when our skilled guys went up against big two way players. Av couldn't adapt.

So don't blame AV. He is what he is. Blame Gillis for not providing him with the players he needed to have success.

I hope to hear an AV firing tomorrow and major changes in the lineup next season. What I don't want to hear from Gillis (if he's back) is this 'Patience' crap that he likes to preach. I also want him to stand up for the team and call out the officiating in this league.

Trade Luongo ASAP for anything at this point, I don't want to see Ballard, Booth, Raymond, Ebbett, Roy, Pinozotto, Alberts and Joslin back next year.

Bashing the reffs would be great but they weren't the reason alone but its sad to say the new NHL has turned in to the WWE controlled by Betteman. AV should be gone and the NHL called out for what its is a joke of reffing league wide.

Wake up were a canadian tean and they will always get the short end of the stick so start freaking screaming bloody murder already its not like their even gonna give you the benefit of the doubt as per Bettman Law 101.

Archived