The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

12pm Press Conference on Thursday

kirkmclean1994

If AV gets fired it's not because he's a bad coach, it's because the team needs a new spark and new direction.

There's a reason why long term coaches rarely win the cup. Players just stop buying into what they're selling after years of falling short.

AV is a defense first coach trying to coach an offense first team. Gillis should have realized this the moment he got here. Either give him big two way players to coach, or hire a new coach. It showed in the Boston series when our skilled guys went up against big two way players. Av couldn't adapt.

So don't blame AV. He is what he is. Blame Gillis for not providing him with the players he needed to have success.

If AV gets fired it's not because he's a bad coach, it's because the team needs a new spark and new direction.

There's a reason why long term coaches rarely win the cup. Players just stop buying into what they're selling after years of falling short.

AV is a defense first coach trying to coach an offense first team. Gillis should have realized this the moment he got here. Either give him big two way players to coach, or hire a new coach. It showed in the Boston series when our skilled guys went up against big two way players. Av couldn't adapt.

So don't blame AV. He is what he is. Blame Gillis for not providing him with the players he needed to have success.

If he wants it, Gillis needs some more time. We haven't even seen 'his' team yet.

He gave the core he inherited the best possible chance to win. He came up short. They came up short. AV came up short.

While they all came up short, there are still some positives to draw from. ie. It could've been worse.

I think Gillis wants to stick around. I think Faq might let him. But the axe needs to fall on AV. The players are clearly not responding to him anymore.

If he wants it, Gillis needs some more time. We haven't even seen 'his' team yet.

He gave the core he inherited the best possible chance to win. He came up short. They came up short. AV came up short.

While they all came up short, there are still some positives to draw from. ie. It could've been worse.

I think Gillis wants to stick around. I think Faq might let him. But the axe needs to fall on AV. The players are clearly not responding to him anymore.

MG will be there according to Team 1040.

No indication that AV will be there.

Usually MG waits a couple of weeks for these things so wouldn't be surprised that coaching staff has been released.

I think MG needs another coach that plays a bit more up-tempo while putting less emphasis on defense (LESS, not NONE)... in all of AV's years he's only played this style ONCE... I'd give MG another shot at finding the right coach for the players he signed, and the style of game he wants our team to play

AV has to be gone though, HAS to

Archived