Burrows-Kesler-Jensen

Booth-Weiss-Hansen

Higgins-Schroeder-Larose

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Garrison-Tanev

Edler-Corrado

Schneider

Lack

Luongo traded for picks/prospects, Ballard traded for prospects/picks, Raymond runs free to the East where he belongs, Lapierre's gone, Weise is the extra forward.

Kassian, already to starting to show a lot of promise playing with the twins. will be given the summer to train to be "that guy" that we need him to be.

Sedin / Sedin / Kassian

------ / Kesler / Burrows

Higgins / ------ / Hansen

------ / Lapierre / ---------

Bieksa / Hamhuis

Garrison / Edler

------ / Tanev

Corrado

Luongo

-Yes, Luongo. Our window is closing fast, and Schneider can fetch much more than what Luongo can. Schneider can get us that legitimate top 6, 55-60 pts winger we need.

-We still need a Steve Ott- esque 3rd line center.

-We need a real 4th line that can actually plug minutes

-We need a 6th defencemen that can plug minutes and not be useless.

In: 2nd line winger, 3rd line centre, two 4th line wingers

Out: Raymond, Ballard, Booth, Luongo

I appreciate how everyone commenting on this thread is backing lapierre up, I would love to re sign him, and i personally dont understand how the person who made this thread says he brings zero to the table. He is a great bottom six versatile forward with skill and the ability to step up and be clutch when needed.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian/Burrows/Hansen (looked good with Sedins in game 4)

______ - Kesler - Burrows/Jensen

Higgins - Gaunce/Lappy - Hansen

Lain - Gaunce - Jensen/Weise

-First point: This lineup scares the crap out of me but I want the young guys to get a good chance at our team.

-Give Kassian a 15-30 game stint to make himself worth it for the twins. If not working trade and move Burrows back.

-I want Jensen to get a serious look at top 6. If not working then send to AHL or 4th line (see point below)

-Gaunce at 3C to start. Big kid with good faceoff ability and works hard. If not then Lappy while Gaunce is 4C (see next point)

-Young gun 4th line that can play some good minutes and move around the lineup while getting eased into the NHL grind. This is not a plug line like in the past but actual up and coming players that can get good experience without too much demand much like LAK in their cup run.

-Need a BIG name for the 2nd line wing spot. This is also on Kesler to make people around him better.

Defence:

Hammer - Bieksa

Edler - Tanev

Garrison - Corrado

All 3 lines can play somewhat equal minutes while the Hamhuis/Bieksa pairing can revert to 2010-11 and be a shut down pair (I hope). This also relies on Edler coming back 100% and being the all-star he can be.

-If Edler brings in the 2nd line star we need then so be it but we need a strong Dman to replace.

-Tanev and Corrado keep cap hit down (assuming Tanev isnt an expensive resign)

Edit: Im gonna add PP to this for fun.

PP1:

GARRISON better be on it. He needs to work on his passing this season however.

Sedin - Sedin - HANSEN (Ya i said it)

Garrison - Corrado

PP2:

Kassian/Higgins/Burrows - Kesler - That new awesome star 1B line winger

Edler - Bieksa/Hammer

Spread the wealth and have varying schemes for different PP lines. For example, no Edler on PP1 = NO FREAKING DROP PASS. Edler on PP2 = drop pass all day long baby!

I appreciate how everyone commenting on this thread is backing lapierre up, I would love to re sign him, and i personally dont understand how the person who made this thread says he brings zero to the table. He is a great bottom six versatile forward with skill and the ability to step up and be clutch when needed.

I want a line up with big tough mean SKILLED players. guys that show up and play with pride and can excel in playoff brutality

enough of this garbage. every year its the same.

too small, too perimeter, no heart. not willing to pay the price

be nice to trade the twins but i will assume they would never agree to a trade or even be asked.

Lindy Ruff Coach

Sedin-Sedin-Doan

Lucic-Kesler-Burrows

Torres-Mathias-Hansen

Boll-LaPierre-Kassian

Lain,Gaunce

Weber-Bieksa

Tanev-Garrison

Alberts- 6'5 monster

Corrado

something like this might make me interested in next season.

I think putting the Sedins on the second line would take a lot of pressure off of them to produce points

???? - Kesler - ????

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Higgins - ???? - Burrows

???? - Lapierre - Hansen

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

???? - Tanev

Schneider/Luongo

Lack

Build around Kesler

Sedin Sedin Kassian

B.Little Kesler Burrows

Higgins Schroeder S.Laughton

Wiese Lappiere T.McGinn

Hamius Garrison

Tanev Bieksa

Alberts Corrado

Schneider

Lack

Alex Elder + 3rd round for Bryan Little + 2014 1st round + 2nd round

Luongo + Jannik Hansen to Philadelphia for Tye Mcginn + Scott Laughton

Summary

Traded= Elder, Luongo, Hansen, 3rd round

Leaves=Roy and Raymond

Get= 1 first round picks, 1 second round pick, Tye McGinn, Bryan Little and Scott Laughton

Trade Edler for Rome 1 for 1.

Sedin - Sedin - Booth(Replaced by Ebbett when injured)

Burrows - Kesler - Ebbett(Replaced by Pinizotto when moved up to first line)

Higgins - Andrew Gordon - Hansen

Weise - Ebbett(double shifting) - Kassian

Garrison - Hamhuis

Bieksa - Rome

Tanev - Alberts

Hasek

Lack

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Lucic Kesler Burrows

Higgins Matthias Hansen

Clowe Lapierre R.Jones

Hamhuis Myers

Garrison Bieksa

Alberts Tanev

Luongo

Lack

1. Loose Raymond, Roy to free-agency.

2. To Boston : Edler, Booth, 2014 2nd Round Pick

To Vancouver : Lucic, Prospect

3. Sign Clowe, R.Jones from free-agency.

4. To Anywhere : Ballard

To Vamcouver : Any pick

5. To Buffalo : Schnieder, 2014 1st Round draft pick, Prospect.

To Vancouver : Myers, Prospect.

6. To Florida : 2013 2nd Round draft pick

To Vancouver : Matthias

7. Fire Alaign Vigneault. Hire Lindy Ruff.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't be against a permanent splitting up of the twins.

People always say, but you can't! They have such good chemistry!

Well what does that chemistry get us in the playoffs? Lets face it, their style of play just doesn't work in the playoffs. It's time to force them to adapt their games, cause they're not doing it on their own.

Something like:

Blank Henrik Blank

Daniel Kesler Blank

Together the Sedins are too soft and they're targeted by other teams. But apart, it's okay if they're soft because they can be flanked by bigger tougher players. Henrik would still be an elite playmaker without Daniel, and Daniel would still be a sniper without Henrik. Both guys would have to learn to make plays off the rush though.

It's really the only way I can see them adapting to playoff hockey.

____ Kesler ______

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows ______ Hansen

Weise ______ Pinizzottto

Sestito

Hamhuis Garrison

Edler Tanev

____ Bieksa

Alberts

Luongo or Schneider

Lack

It's too hard to tell right who gets traded and what we get in return, so that is why there are several blanks in my line up. Once some trades or buyouts happen then I'll have a better idea. Right now the most important missing pieces are top 6 forwards, 3rd and 4th centres.

Why would anyone want Roy, he looked like he didn't want to be here half the games he played and he didn't throw one hit.

Legit he's softer then Mason Raymond, he's better off in the East, just like Raymond.

I feel if Raymond goes to the East he might put up some good numbers.

My team:

Daniel Sedin-Henrik Sedin-Zack Kassian

Alex Burrows-Ryan Kesler- Jarome Iginla/Jaromir Jagr

Chris Higgins-Brian Boyle-Jannik Hansen

Daniel Paille-Brendan Gaunce-Dale Weise

Edler-Garrison

Hamhuis-Bieska

Tanev- Douglas Murray

Luongo/Schenider

I wouldn't be against a permanent splitting up of the twins.

People always say, but you can't! They have such good chemistry!

Well what does that chemistry get us in the playoffs? Lets face it, their style of play just doesn't work in the playoffs. It's time to force them to adapt their games, cause they're not doing it on their own.

Something like:

Blank Henrik Blank

Daniel Kesler Blank

Together the Sedins are too soft and they're targeted by other teams. But apart, it's okay if they're soft because they can be flanked by bigger tougher players. Henrik would still be an elite playmaker without Daniel, and Daniel would still be a sniper without Henrik. Both guys would have to learn to make plays off the rush though.

It's really the only way I can see them adapting to playoff hockey.

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen? - Played awesome Gm4

Booth- Kesler-Higgins - Give Booth a chance, guys been a force when he played, struggled on scoresheet, but you can't deny he was exciting to watch.

? - Gaunce - Burrows - Maybe too soon, but we'll see how he performs in training camp, guy WILL be a stud.

Jensen - Lapierre - Kassian - I loved how in Jensen's first game he wasn't afraid to try some dangles, I could tell how he played that he would be exciting in the future

Garrison-Hamhuis - Awesome shutdown pair

Bieksa-Tanev - Great shutdown physical pair

Alberts-Corrado - Loved Alberts this yr, played awesome, wouldn't mind him being a full-time Top-6 defenceman.

This would also make Edler expandable. Not saying he was horrible, but for the cap space and we could get some offensive firepower. Imagine the return!

You can slot Burrows and Higgins/Booth switching up once in a while, same with Kassian/Hansen. Depends on who'd be 3rd line LW. Thoughts?

Archived