Higgins-Fisher/Dubinsky-Burr

Torres-Couturier-Kassian

Weise-Lappy-Hansen

Hamhuis-Bieksa (or Edler)

Garrison-Tanev

Ballard-Corrado

Luongo

Lack

Trade Schneider to either Flyers or Lightning for offensive upgrade such as Voracek, Couturier, or Purcell. Slide Kesler back to 2nd line centre if you do get a legitimate 1st line winger. Trade/Buyout Ballard, Booth. Trade one of Bieksa, Hamhuis, or Edler for forward upgrade for Fisher/Dubinsky or any sandpaper centres + prospects.

Let Raymond walk. One more year for Jensen at AHL.

The mind set of this organization needs a refreshment. Although I don't agree with the view that MG has mishandled this team I think a change is needed. I think Gillman can take over the reigns of the organization and do a better job than MG. Most of the time it feels like he is the man that is ready to make changes while MG is not (see trade deadline tsn interview). Keeping MG in my own opinion wouldn't be a negative thing. He has made moves that have made sense at that time. (Luongo deal, trading for young power forward prospect in Kassian, taking a risk in aquiring a top 6 power forward in Booth, and other moves have made absolute sense at that point in time).

A coaching change is 100% needed for this team to start fresh. Lindy Ruff or Don Hay would be my choice. Smart assistants need to be found as well as it feels that the current ones are completely incompitent.

Sedin(6)-Sedin(6)-Hansen(1.3)

Burrows(2)-Kesler(5)-Clowe(3.6)

Higgins(2)-Gaunce(1)-Jensen(.8)

Lain(1)/Weise(.7)/Sestito(.7)-Lapierre(1)-Kassian(.87)

Hamhuis(4.5)-Phaneuf(6.5)/Weber(7.8)/Pietrangelo(3.1)/Subban(2.8)

Garrison(4.6)-Corrado(.6)

Carle(5.5)-Tanev(2)

Alberts(.9)-Barker(.7)

Schneider(4)

Lack(.75)

Salary cap for us is at 63 million including Weber's contract and everybody's name on the page including Sestito,Weise,Alberts,Barker all depth players. Excluding Ebbett.

Edler + Bieksa to TOR,NSH,MTL,STL for those defensemen or any other big #1 defensemens.

Luongo + Roy,Raymond's rights to TB for 2nd round pick, next years 3rd and prospect.

Booth + Ballard to CAR for 2nd round pick this year,3rd next year and prospect.

Sedin(6)-Sedin(6)-Hansen(1.3)

Burrows(2)-Kesler(5)-Clowe(3.6)

Higgins(2)-Gaunce(1)-Jensen(.8)

Lain(1)/Weise(.7)/Sestito(.7)-Lapierre(1)-Kassian(.87)

Hamhuis(4.5)-Phaneuf(6.5)/Weber(7.8)/Pietrangelo(3.1)/Subban(2.8)

Garrison(4.6)-Corrado(.6)

Carle(5.5)-Tanev(2)

Alberts(.9)-Barker(.7)

Schneider(4)

Lack(.75)

Salary cap for us is at 63 million including Weber's contract and everybody's name on the page including Sestito,Weise,Alberts,Barker all depth players. Excluding Ebbett.

Edler + Bieksa to TOR,NSH,MTL,STL for those defensemen or any other big #1 defensemens.

Luongo + Roy,Raymond's rights to TB for 2nd round pick, next years 3rd and prospect.

Booth + Ballard to CAR for 2nd round pick this year,3rd next year and prospect.

I really don't think things will change as significantly as people think. Obviously Lu will be dealt but not for a roster player. But unless we're in full blown rebuild mode (which we aren't) we obviously aren't going to get rid of the Sedins (even if we wanted to though they have NTCs). You can debate whether they're as effective anymore but if you seriously think anyone we have in our organization right now or anyone we could land through free agency or a trade would be an improvement over them then you are delusional.The Sedins are the core of this team. For better or worse, we'll try to win with them. That also means Burr is safe. We're NOT gonna move him unless we have a sure fire replacement who works with the Sedins and even if we found such a player he has phenominal chemistry with Kesler so we'd surely keep him anyway to give us a legit threat on the second line. Kassian will stay too of course. The absolute last thing we would do is trade away a young prospect who is right on the verge of making an impact. Especially one who gives is exactly the kind of size ad physicality we need. He didn't have a major impact this year but he made some nice developmental progress and will continue to do so next year. Given a full season he will surely play a bigger role next time around. Hansen and Higgins will be back too although hopefully as 3rd liners. Our defense can't really change that much either. Hamhuis/Garrison will obviously not be going anywhere. Bieksa should be cut some slack given his injury too and even if you didn't he has a NTC.

Hence, the big questions to me are...

Booth - Depends on how the FA market looks. We need a dynamic winger to play with Kesler. If we think can find one on the open market Booth will be bought out or traded to clear cap space. I don't actually know that we can find an upgrade on Booth for less money though. And his injury may take a possible buyout out of the equation. If so though, that's fine. Booth is still actually a pretty solid player. He's had some tremendously bad luck with Injuries but he was quite effective with Kesler durring the brief period when both were actually healthy. I hope we just keep him and I think Gillis will.

Edler - Boy...this is a tough call. If we're really serious about making significant changes, this would probably be the thing to do. Edler could bring in one heck of a return if traded. And with the signing of Jason Garrison and the emergence of Tanev and Corrado we have some nice depth on the blueline. Of all our "core" players, Edler seems the most expendable. Still, I don't know of we have a player that shares his particular skill set. Garrison is more of a shooter, Tanev is trictly defensive, and Corrado, despite having offensive potential, has really only shown his defensive game at the NHL level. Edler still brings a lot to this team despite his flaws and we could very much end up regretting it if we moved him. Personally, I think the best option is to just keep him and deploy him more effectively. Use him on the bottom pairing and on the PP and shelter him. Still, I'd at least look at trading him. It depends what we can get really. If we could actually get a guy like Coturier...yeah. I'd probably have to take that deal.

Third Line Center - I think one of the biggest problems with this team is that we've never replaced Malhorta. That's the kind of player we need. I don't know if we try and get one through free agency or a trade but we need to land somebody. Lapierre isn't quite up to it and Schroeder is the wrong type of player. Gaunce probably isn't there yet. This is the number one thing we need to go out and get in the offseason.

As for the rest...

Roy - Gone. I don't hate Roy but he isn't really what we need. I think we could resign him but we'd have to pay more than he's worth. It just doesn't make sense.

Lapierre - I don't think Lappy is quite up to being a third line center. He just doesn't give us consistent enough offensive production. I'd really like to keep him though for the fourth line and his versatility to play wing is great. If he's really looking for a lot of money he is expendable (assuming we land another 3rd line center) and can be replaced with Lain or Gaunce. In the best case though I'd like to keep him and put him on the wing next to Lain/Gaunce to give us a great plan B if a center gets hurt.

Wiese - Definitely back. Wiese is a really underrated guy. He hits, he checks very well. He's still young and has potential to develop into a nice 3rd line two way checker a few years down the road if he ever finds a bit of a scoring touch.

Sestito - Probably back. There are probably better players on average but he skates well enough relatively speaking to not be a big liability and I like having a player like him in the organization for when the situation calls for it.

Pinizotto - Whatever. A passable 4th line grinder. Never hurts to have an extra guy like that. If we lost him though I'd be unconcerned.

Ebbett - Gone. Predictable but small and poor in the circle. At best he's a just passable plug in the case of injury. We have enough young centers who can fill in next year between Lain and Gaunce and Schroeder though.

Alberts - Keep if possible. He's a really underrated player. He's not fast but gives us a nice physical guy who can protect the front of the net. You have to use him only in the right situations but he's still a nice asset as a depth guy. We likely have enough young tallent in Tanev and Coraddo that he's expendable but I'd much rather keep him if we can. You can never have too much depth on D for when injuries inevitably happen. In the event we trade Edler he becomes a definite keeper.

Ballard - Bought out or traded for a low round draft pick if we can somehow swing it.

Barker - Gone. Unreliable which makes him unusable as a depth defenseman.

We'll probably pick up another plug defenseman, two if we lose Alberts or maybe resign Joslin/Vandermeer. I dunno. I have no strong opinion. Honestly, it's not that important. Maybe another fourth liner if we lose Pinizotto.

My final roster:

Sedin/Sedin/Kassian

Burrows/Kesler/Booth

Higgins/???/Hansen

Wiese/Lain/Lapierre

Sestito/???

Garrison/Tanev

Hamhuis/Bieksa

Edler(?)/Corado

Alberts/???

Schnieder

Lack

I think we will try to get younger and bigger, therefor we want the canucks to be a hard team to play against. I think we will either aquire coutourier or Matthias for the 3rd line center spot however if they get injured we will use lappy as the replacement. I also can see us aquiring a good replacement for booth.

Burrows-Kesler-Big Winger

Sedins-Kassian

Hansen-Couturier or Matthias/Lapierre-Jensen

Higgins-Lapierre-Weise/Gaunce

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Tanev-Edler

Corrado-Garrison

Obyrne

Schneids-Theodore

We're gonna need to slot some rookies into the lineup, and shift money from the D to the forwards IMO.

These are the holes I see now:

Sedin Sedin Blank

Burrows Kesler Blank

Higgins Blank Hansen

Blank Lapierre Blank

I think Lapierre definitely gets re-signed. And I think we need to get a big name player to play with the Sedins like a Shane Doan. Or we need to get a really good second line right winger.

At least of couple of the holes will need to be filled by players like Kassian, Schroeder, Jensen, or Gaunce.

Burrows - Kesler - return for Loungo (20 min/gm)

Daniel - Henrik - Kassian (16 min/gm)

Higgins - Gaunce - Hansen (14 min/gm)

_______- Lapierre -__________

Hamhuis - Bieksa (20 min/gm)

Edler - Tanev (20 min/gm)

Garrison - Corrado (20 min/ gm)

Schneider (55 games)

Lack (27 games)

The Sedins, as much as I respect them, need to submit to 2nd liners. Use Luongo, or at least his money, on a top winger with finish. Lapierre is a fine 4th line centre. Gaunce projected by many to be a third line centre, no better place to learn then behind Keslers tenacity and Henriks skill. Keep the D we have and even out the TOI. Yes, it may suffer in October with Corrado, but let them get the minutes and learn. It also keeps the others freshe down the road.

It can be a retool, not a rebuild.

Burrows - Kesler - return for Loungo (20 min/gm)

Daniel - Henrik - Kassian (16 min/gm)

Higgins - Gaunce - Hansen (14 min/gm)

_______- Lapierre -__________

Hamhuis - Bieksa (20 min/gm)

Edler - Tanev (20 min/gm)

Garrison - Corrado (20 min/ gm)

Schneider (55 games)

Lack (27 games)

The Sedins, as much as I respect them, need to submit to 2nd liners. Use Luongo, or at least his money, on a top winger with finish. Lapierre is a fine 4th line centre. Gaunce projected by many to be a third line centre, no better place to learn then behind Keslers tenacity and Henriks skill. Keep the D we have and even out the TOI. Yes, it may suffer in October with Corrado, but let them get the minutes and learn. It also keeps the others freshe down the road.

It can be a retool, not a rebuild.

Canucks buyout Ballard

Canucks trade Luongo, Edler, Schroeder, 1st to Florida for 2nd overall (MacKinnon), Campbell

Canucks sign David Clarkson - 4 years 18 million

Canucks re-sign Max Lapierre - 2 years 3 million

Canucks re-sign Andrew Alberts - 1 year 1.5 million

Canucks draft defence heavy

jensen plays a full year in the A, MacKinnon goes back to junior.

sedin - sedin - clarkson

booth - kesler - kassian

higgins - gaunce - burrows

lapierre - lain - hansen

hamhuis - tanev

campbell - bieksa

garrison - corrado

alberts

schneider

?

2014 - 2015

buyout booth if necessary

burrows - kesler - clarkson

jensen - mackinnon - kassian

higgins - gaunce - hansen

lapierre - lain - ?

IMO Iginla is the perfect guy they should try to sign.

He might not have a great regular season, but he'd be a playoff monster.

They need a replacement 3rd line center.Maybe see if they could pry Boyle from the Rangers or Ott from the Sabres.

Go with a kid line as the 4th line, give em experience. see what they can do. More of a scoring threat & cheaper then a traditional 4th line. :) Plus we have some damn big kids to put on it.

Sedin-Sedin-Iginla

Booth-Kesler-Burrows

Higgins-Manny 2.0-Hansen

Jensen/Gaunce-Schroeder-Kassian

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Garrison-Tanev

Edler-Corrado

Schneider

Lack

You guys really need to learn a bit about zone starts and possession stats. Our 4th liners are playoff gold. Weise, Pinner, Sestito and Ebbett absolutely rocked the Sharks. Our issues are more to do with play style, especially with regard to offense. We likely will see a total revamp of the system. Then it's a matter of who slots into that strategy and who doesn't.

Team needs to get bigger, stronger, grittier and score alot more goals....so,

Gaunce is going to be a beast.

This.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Mike Ribeiro ($5.000m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Nicklas Jensen ($0.894m)

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Pascal Dupuis ($1.500m)

Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Brendan Gaunce ($1.088m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)

Steve Pinizzotto ($0.600m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.500m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

DEFENSEMEN

Frank Corrado ($0.599m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Chris Tanev ($1.500m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) /

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Eddie Lack ($0.750m)

OTHER

Buyout: David Booth ($0.000m)

Buyout: Keith Ballard ($0.000m)

RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (0.083% of upper limit)

Roberto Luongo ($0.053m—1.0%)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,829,444; BONUSES: $162,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $633,056

That top line is never again/ever going to get us past the 1st round. We need to face hard facts.

Weise and Lapierre are useless 4th liners.

Hansen belongs on the 4th line (that should set the bar for this team)

Kassian needs a season under good coaching in the AHL.

Burrows belongs on the 2nd or on the 3rd line with Raymond and a big gritty fast centre.

Michalek-Turris-Alfredsson

Latendresse-Zib-Silfverberg

Greening-Smith-Neil

Conacher-Pageau-Condra

Karlsson-Methot

Phillips-Gonchar

Gryba-Cowen

Anderson

Made the playoffs and beat Montreal in the 1st round. Karlsson/Anderson/Michalek were all out for extended periods of time as well.

Get a new coach, and see what happens.

Archived