The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lineup for 2013-2014

Lui's Knob

I think putting the Sedins on the second line would take a lot of pressure off of them to produce points

???? - Kesler - ????

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Higgins - ???? - Burrows

???? - Lapierre - Hansen

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

???? - Tanev

Schneider/Luongo

Lack

Build around Kesler

OUT. - IN

Roy. - Matthias

Raymond. - Booth

Ebbett. - Torres

Schroeder. - Gaunce/Jensen

Ballard. - Corrado

Barker. - Cumiskey/Andersson

Luongo. - Clemmenson/Lack

Offseason moves: Luongo and Schroeder go to Fla for Matthias, Upshall, Clemmenson and 2013 2nd.

Buy-out Ballard and Upshall.

Sign- Torres and Cumiskey.

Bring in Chad LaRose, Matt Cooke, Boyd Gordon, and Kyle Chipchura as our bottom six players.

Trade either Luongo or Schneider (preferably Schneider) for a top end prospect.

Bring in a veteran like Andy McDonald to play with Kesler.

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - McDonald

Cooke - LaRose - Hansen

Weiss - Gordon - Chipchura

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Corrado

lol @ people still thinking Luongo is staying. Did you guys miss the MG interview where he said Luongo is gone? And the media interview where Luongo discusses leaving? The fact people are still in denial about this, whether it's a good decision or not, is appalling.

Unknowns: Who gets moved Lu or Schneider. It is up in the air simply because of the different returns that could come back.

Out: Roy (to expensive and undersized); Raymond (always sympathized with Raymond because his development was butchered by Van IMHO); all 4th liners except for Weise (I include Lappy because his

FO % wasn't there and his spot is needed for a young center option); Corrado (the last thing Van needs to do is throw this kid into the NHL without any AHL exposure. Perhaps they move Tanev instead but a decision one way or the other. Van cannot carry two 180 pound d-men.; Ballard (moved for a pic);

Booth (might get one more crack because of his size. Lack of production, cost and injury makes me lean to a deal that moves him out);

In: Alberts ( a cheap option unless they put more money into a bigger d-man with a higher upside. That might mean a top 4 leaving to afford that); Edler (If AV goes I cannot see any incoming coach wanting to see Edler moved. I would be very curious to see Edler's game under different coaching. Simplify his game and rebuild his game around a more defensive posture.; Garrison (take Edler off the #1 PP and put this guy on the point and get out of him what they traded for, a cannon); The Twins ( I want to see the Twins play at least half a season split between the top 2 lines. NHL scouting has their game dissected. Put their play making ability on two full strength lines and bring them back together on the #1 PP. They will be harder to defense.;

Needs: Defense: MG cannot talk about bigger and younger without doing something on the back end. The most physical d-man was Alberts. If Edler cannot become more physical then he or another top 4 will have to go.

Offense: Above I suggested splitting the Twins on even strength. To be fair to them they have played for over 2 seasons now without a bona fide 2 line to take pressure off them. That said I don't know of a winger that will make sense for their style of puck possession. CUP quality defenses simply keep them to the outside. Split the Twins and increase the action in front of the net.

????? - Hank - Kassian

Danny - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - ???? - Hanson

????? - Gaunce - Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Alberts - Tanev

The big change will be two top 9 forwards and possibly a right d-man.

I doubt Edller is going anywhere and I think lapps will get resigned. Kesler needs a pass first winger with him because he isn't a passing center. As for the coaching situation I have no idea who will take over, but for GM i would like to see Nazy return apparently he is doing well with Modo in Sweden, but i doubt he wants to leave Sweden.

Daniel-Henrick-Kassian

Burrows-Couturier-Kesler

Higgins-Lappy-Hansen

Jensen-Gaunce-Clowe

Hammer-Green

Garrison-Tanev

Corrado-Bieksa

Schneider

Lack

Trade: Edler for Couturier

Trade: Lu, Schroeder, pick for Green

Free Agents: Sign Clowe

We have an awesome first line. Kassian will develop and improve over the summer. Should get some training in with the Sedins.

Second line is very good. Can score, and shut down any opposing line in the NHL.

Third line is good. Tough, gritty, hard working line that can also chip in for some offense.

Fourth line is young with an offensive minded tough guy mentor that can show these kids the ropes, and also protect them when on the ice. Clowe would also act as a good mentor for Kassian.

Our first d pairing is amazing. We finally have our #1 dman(Green) who can move the puck up the ice, penetrate the offensive zone and produce offensively even strength, and on the power play. Garrison - Green on PP :shock: .

The rest of our d is pretty damn good also. Solid top 6..

Schneider is our new #1

Lack should be good to back him up

Thoughts :emot-parrot:

Don't buy out horrible for business and reputation. Make ur money work for u.

Booth kesler coturier

Sedin-sedin-kassian

Burr-shredder-hansen

Torrez-lappy-wise

Pini

(Ray and higs traded for picks, roy ebbett sistito let go)

Hammer-(young D)

Garrison - ballard

Tanev-carrado

Alberts

(Bieksa is old and hurt, trade for picks and a young D. Edler for coturier)

Luongo

Lack

Trade schnieds for a young prospect and picks

New coach that's fond of youth!!

I'm not gonna try and predict the roster, because knowing Gillis, he'll make moves that nobody would have guessed.

I do know he needs to take the moneyball approach now more than ever. Sign guys in the 1-2.5 million dollar range who have had their value drop, because of injury or whatever. But guys that can be better than their salary, and that have come from good teams. These are the guys like Samuelsson, Torres, Malhotra, and Ehrhoff. Undervalued players who were being underutilized on their teams.

And if we have to scour European leagues to find a Damien Brunner type player, then that's what we need to do. And if we can find someone with limited skill, but who can play a role like a Tomas Holmstrom does standing in front of the net, then that would be a plus. Imagine how much room the Sedins would have with someone like Holmstrom wreaking havoc in font of the net.

Bring in Chad LaRose, Matt Cooke, Boyd Gordon, and Kyle Chipchura as our bottom six players.

Trade either Luongo or Schneider (preferably Schneider) for a top end prospect.

Bring in a veteran like Andy McDonald to play with Kesler.

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - McDonald

Cooke - LaRose - Hansen

Weiss - Gordon - Chipchura

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Corrado

It really does make alot of sense to split up the twins. Right now other teams are too confident against us because the twins have been figured out 5 on 5 in the playoffs.

Splitting them up 5 on 5 and then putting them together on the powerplay changes the dynamic of the team. Suddenly we're not a team that relies too much on one line to score 5 on 5 because the talent is spread out.

And they'd still rack up lots of points playing together on the powerplay. As long as we get a bonafide PP QB.

http://capgeek.com/canucks

Fire Unsucessful GM for last 2 years . Coach AV is fine . But get rid of Cory Schneider 4 M + David Booth 4.25M + keith Ballard 4.25 M + zach Kassian .875M + Andrew Ebbet .600 M + Andrew Alberts 1.225 M = 15.15 M .

So canucks salary cap gonna cut down at 55 M for today's market . Next year Alex Elder gain more 1.8 M in his new contract + Chris Higgins also gain .600 M = 2.4 M

55 M + 2.4 M = 57.4 M for rest of Canucks roster .

Canucks still have 6.7 M in cap space . We could be get star wing ( offensive player ) .

Offensive :

Higgins Kesler burrows

Daniel Henrik Hansen ( Jensen )

May Ray Roy Schroeder ( Gaunce )

Lapierre kellan Lain pinnizzoto

-------------------------------------------------------

Blue line :

Beiksa Hamuis

Elder Garrison

Tanev cam barker ( Frank Corrado , Patrick Mullen , Yaun Sauve )

Luongo

Joe cantata or Eddie

This could be a great team ever !!!

http://capgeek.com/canucks

Fire Unsucessful GM for last 2 years . Coach AV is fine . But get rid of Cory Schneider 4 M + David Booth 4.25M + keith Ballard 4.25 M + zach Kassian .875M + Andrew Ebbet .600 M + Andrew Alberts 1.225 M = 15.15 M .

So canucks salary cap gonna cut down at 55 M for today's market . Next year Alex Elder gain more 1.8 M in his new contract + Chris Higgins also gain .600 M = 2.4 M

55 M + 2.4 M = 57.4 M for rest of Canucks roster .

Canucks still have 6.7 M in cap space . We could be get star wing ( offensive player ) .

Offensive :

Higgins Kesler burrows

Daniel Henrik Hansen ( Jensen )

May Ray Roy Schroeder ( Gaunce )

Lapierre kellan Lain pinnizzoto

-------------------------------------------------------

Blue line :

Beiksa Hamuis

Elder Garrison

Tanev cam barker ( Frank Corrado , Patrick Mullen , Yaun Sauve )

Luongo

Joe cantata or Eddie

This could be a great team ever !!!

Sedin Sedin Kassian

B.Little Kesler Burrows

Higgins Schroeder S.Laughton

Wiese Lappiere T.McGinn

Hamius Garrison

Tanev Bieksa

Alberts Corrado

Schneider

Lack

Alex Elder + 3rd round for Bryan Little + 2014 1st round + 2nd round

Luongo + Jannik Hansen to Philadelphia for Tye Mcginn + Scott Laughton

Summary

Traded= Elder, Luongo, Hansen, 3rd round

Leaves=Roy and Raymond

Get= 1 first round picks, 1 second round pick, Tye McGinn, Bryan Little and Scott Laughton

It really does make alot of sense to split up the twins. Right now other teams are too confident against us because the twins have been figured out 5 on 5 in the playoffs.

Splitting them up 5 on 5 and then putting them together on the powerplay changes the dynamic of the team. Suddenly we're not a team that relies too much on one line to score 5 on 5 because the talent is spread out.

And they'd still rack up lots of points playing together on the powerplay. As long as we get a bonafide PP QB.

I had posted this to another thread a few months back and this is what I'd like to see. There seems to be 800 threads on this same topic but I'll post here as well.

Given that it seems like Corrado is ready (albeit only a couple of games but he can manage a bottom pairing as he's better than most of our bottom right now)...some minor tweaks to my original proposal

As we have seen and I said earlier, we are still lacking the hands/size combination, aggressiveness/hitting, and hunger we need to win a cup. As such here are my thoughts (albeit challenging to do all of them) that could really turn us into a TOUGH team to play against, and one that's built for the playoff grind, and that can play any style.

Right now our 2014 cap is 60 million, it is expected to be 64 million so here are my views.

First things first

1. Lou, Bieksa, Schroeder, and our first to Philly for Coutourier and #11 overall. Philly gets their goalie, a decent dman, a potential center and still keep a first rounder.

2. Then take that number 11 pick plus Jensen and move it to FLA for #2 overall. FLA has depth at center, they dont NEED McKinnon, they could use a winger with hands and Jensen is more ready than any pick will be. Morover they still have a 11th overall...a great deal for them.

3. Draft McKinnon

4. Sign David Clarkson for 4.25 ml and Raffi Torres for 3.0 (yes slight overpayment but given his playoff performance there will be a battle for him, SJ will likely have the upper hand here as he seems to have found a nice spot).

4. Trade Ballard, Higgins, and Tostito to the Islanders for Matt Martin and a 2nd round pick. Islanders will be in desparate need of a top 4 dman given the UFA and aging status of most of their D. An experienced Dman will do wonders for that team going forward as they are showing they are ready to take the next step. Higgins is from NY and brings a veteran presence to a team that will need one. Tostito helps them replace Martin (at least a bit). Martin gives us what we're missing on the 4th line, the best hitter in the NHL.

5. Sign Boyd Gordon or Steckel for the fourth line and let Roy go as well as MayRay

6. Resign Lappy for 2.0 ml

7. Booth traded for a pick

This team will have size on every line. Someone who can score and hit with the Sedins (and take some pressure off Kassian and let him develop properly).Clarkson has size, uses it, can fight and will drop em, protect the Sedins and can score, has very good hands, good cycler and around the net/tough areas.

In addition, we solved our issues down the middle for the next 12 years. With Coutourier and McKinnon we have a real number 1 and real number 2, at the most important position, next to goalie, in hockey. We also have Gaunce ready to be a superstar number 3 with 2nd line capability - what we've been lacking for so many seasons, real strengths long term at 1c 2c and 3c.

Burrows moves back with Kesler Mckinnon plays the other wing until he’s ready to play center. Offensive instincts suggest he can jump in. He can play the playmaker on this line until he's ready to take over at center. He's more offensively gifted then Coutourier so Couts goes to #3 as till the Sedins move on and also more experienced so a better bet to be in a 'responsible' position right now.

The team below wins the Stanley Cup next year.

Line up.

Daniel Henrik Clarkson

6.1 / 6.1/ 4.25 = 16

Burrows Kesler Mckinnon

4.5 / 5/ .875 = 10.4

Kassian Coutourier Torres

.875 / 1.35 / 3.0 = 5.25

Martin / Lappy / Hansen

1 / 2.0 / 1.35= 4.35

Forwards = 36.

Hamhuis Garrison

4.5 / 4.6 = 9.1