Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Lineup for 2013-2014

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
375 replies to this topic

#361 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Shinkaruk Horvat Kesler
Higgins Guance Burrows
Hansen Richardson Weisse

Sestito santerello Booth (trade if possible)

Bieksa Hamuis
Garrison Tanev
Edler Corrado

Weber

Luongo
Ericsson

Highly unlikely horvat and shinkaruk make the team unless they have amazing camps. They'll for sure get their 6-9 games but I don't see them in this year, I think they will make the 14-15 season unless the cap goes through the roof and we can land a superstar

#362 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,151 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

Highly unlikely horvat and shinkaruk make the team unless they have amazing camps. They'll for sure get their 6-9 games but I don't see them in this year, I think they will make the 14-15 season unless the cap goes through the roof and we can land a superstar

Agreed but Horvat is being undersold to us quite a bit. I expect the Canucks don't want to create elevated expectations like Zack has had to deal with. Horvat is quite possibly going to make the team and if he doesn't, it likely is just a testament to how good Gaunce has become over the last year. However I think the call ups will be numerous and frequent so we might as well just regard our 13th man (and even our 3C and 4C positions) as an X.

While it seems like everyone here has hammered out the roster more or less, my only contention is with having Zack in the top 6 and Schroeder somewhere in the bottom six. This is wrong for both players. Schroeder is a top 6 or bust kind of guy who has amazing playmaking ability, speed, ability to win battles on the boards and is defensively responsible. Given what he did with Hansen and Raymond as wings (and with a terrible F/O% like every rookie), he needs to be on Booth and Kes' line though likely on the wing. This has the potential to aid his develop his game at both ends of the ice while upping Booth and Kes' production. Kesler is also a perfect inoculation to Jordan's faceoff issues. Meanwhile Kass can work on his defensive game while playing easier competition and scoring some goals in the bottom 6. He'll be top 6 relatively soon but in the meantime, you need to develop him lower down the roster. It's not like everyone else in our bottom 6 has hands of stone now. Santorelli might pair very well with him or a rookie centre.

My other tweak was to put Garrison with Corrado and Tanev with Edler. Corrado and Edler each need someone to cover for their mistakes. We know Edler-Garrison doesn't work and Garrison's the steady one of the two. Kept Burr with the Sedins because we pay him 4.5M now for a reason. Left Jensen and Shinkaruk out because much of the Canucks org think they need a year in the AHL (and I agree with them).

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Schroeder
Higgins Richardson Hansen
Sestito Santorelli Kassian

Gaunce/Horvat
Weise

Bieksa Hamuis
Garrison Corrado
Edler Tanev
Weber

Luongo
Ericsson/Lack

7807358624_a82b7b44a0_b.jpg

#363 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Brendan Gaunce ($1.057m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Mike Santorelli ($0.550m) / Brad Richardson ($1.150m) / Dale Weise ($0.677m)
Jordan Schroeder ($0.975m)
Tom Sestito ($0.750m)

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Chris Tanev ($1.500m)
Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Yannick Weber ($0.650m)
Frank Corrado ($0.599m)

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
Joacim Eriksson ($0.925m)

$63,533,278

You better hope the team stays really, really healthy with that cap space. Consider this: one minimum wage call-up for one game costs around $6-7k.

MentalMidgetSig.jpg

#364 Plum

Plum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,404 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

Sedin-Sedin-Jensen
Burrows-Kesler-Kassian
Higgins-Gaunce-Booth
Sestito-Richardson-Hansen

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Corrado
Garrison-Tanev

Luongo
Eriksson

Kevin Fiala will be a star.

#365 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,263 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Gustav Nyquist ($1.500m)
Brenden Morrow ($3.500m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)
Brad Richardson ($1.150m) / Brendan Gaunce ($1.057m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Tom Sestito ($0.750m) / Jordan Schroeder ($1.200m) / Mike Santorelli ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Chris Tanev ($2.000m)
Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Mark Fistric ($1.250m) / Frank Corrado ($0.599m)
Yannick Weber ($0.650m) / Jonathon Blum ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
Eddie Lack ($0.750m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,409,444; BONUSES: $162,500
CAP SPACE (25-man roster): $1,053,056

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#366 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 81,022 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

After signing some free agents, it would be something like:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Booth - Kesler - Burrows
Higgins - Gaunce - Hansen
Sestito - Richardson - Santorelli

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Tanev
Garrison - Corrado

Luongo
Lack

307mg00.jpg

#367 canuckfan_21

canuckfan_21

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

Agreed but Horvat is being undersold to us quite a bit. I expect the Canucks don't want to create elevated expectations like Zack has had to deal with. Horvat is quite possibly going to make the team and if he doesn't, it likely is just a testament to how good Gaunce has become over the last year. However I think the call ups will be numerous and frequent so we might as well just regard our 13th man (and even our 3C and 4C positions) as an X.

While it seems like everyone here has hammered out the roster more or less, my only contention is with having Zack in the top 6 and Schroeder somewhere in the bottom six. This is wrong for both players. Schroeder is a top 6 or bust kind of guy who has amazing playmaking ability, speed, ability to win battles on the boards and is defensively responsible. Given what he did with Hansen and Raymond as wings (and with a terrible F/O% like every rookie), he needs to be on Booth and Kes' line though likely on the wing. This has the potential to aid his develop his game at both ends of the ice while upping Booth and Kes' production. Kesler is also a perfect inoculation to Jordan's faceoff issues. Meanwhile Kass can work on his defensive game while playing easier competition and scoring some goals in the bottom 6. He'll be top 6 relatively soon but in the meantime, you need to develop him lower down the roster. It's not like everyone else in our bottom 6 has hands of stone now. Santorelli might pair very well with him or a rookie centre.

My other tweak was to put Garrison with Corrado and Tanev with Edler. Corrado and Edler each need someone to cover for their mistakes. We know Edler-Garrison doesn't work and Garrison's the steady one of the two. Kept Burr with the Sedins because we pay him 4.5M now for a reason. Left Jensen and Shinkaruk out because much of the Canucks org think they need a year in the AHL (and I agree with them).

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Schroeder
Sestito Santorelli Kassian

Gaunce/Horvat
Weise

Bieksa Hamuis
Garrison Corrado
Edler Tanev
Weber

Luongo
Ericsson/Lack

Idk I think if schroeder is on the third line with guys like hanson and Higgins he would be fine as they are offensively capable. its when he plays with sestito and weise that he does not succeed and even henrik probably wouldn't playing with those guys. And then our second line could act as a shut down line with Booth-Kesler-Kassian/Burrows, but it would probably be better with Burrows

Edited by canuckfan_21, 08 July 2013 - 10:36 PM.

#368 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,351 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:19 AM

Below are the lines I think we should try for the first game with minutes (m) for each player - some will get more based on special teams of course.

Sedin (19m) - Sedin (19m) - Kassian (15m)
Burrows (20m) - Kesler (20m) - Booth (15m)
Hansen (16m) - Richardson (12m) - Higgins (16m)
Jensen (10m) - Santorelli (9m) - Weise (9m)
Lain
Sestito
Gaunce

Hamhuis (21m) - Bieksa (21m)
Edler (22m) - Corrado (16m)
Garrison (22m) - Tanev (18m)
Weber

Luongo
Lack

PP1:

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler
Edler - Garrison

PP2:

Burrows - Richardson - Booth
Hamhuis - Bieksa

PK forward duos:

Burrows-Kesler
Hansen-Richardson
Santorelli-Higgins
Sedin-Sedin
Posted Image

#369 Kakanucks

Kakanucks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:05 AM

we better hope torts spread out the minutes for each d pairing....or else we'll just be having the same problem of having 4.5 mil dman on playing 15 min a game while the other 2 pairs gets over worked...

and i suppose our only option is to put either edler with tanev or edler with corrado/weber

because from what it seems from last season, edler garrison didn't impress, and edler bieksa was total disaster

have we actually ever tried hamhuis edler pairing once??? i can't recall... and have we tried garrison bieksa??

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#370 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,351 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

We have 5M cap space to sign Tanev and some depth guys.

Tanev for 2.5M max.
Weise for 600K.
That leaves around 2M to get us some depth.

Throw 1.5M at Fistric (he made 1.475M last season)

Our new defence:

Hamhuis - Bieksa (good chemistry)
Edler - Garrison (Torts will sort them out)
Fistric - Tanev (Fistric complements Tanev perfectly - big hitter and the positionally sound)
Corrado
Weber
Posted Image

#371 sting

sting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

SEDIN SEDIN KASSIAN
HIGGINS KESLER BURROWS
BOOTH SCHROEDER HANSEN
GAUNCE RICHARDSON WEISE
Sestito Santorelli Jensen

HAMHUIS GARRISON
EDLER TANEV
ALBERTS BIEKSA
Fistric Weber Corrado

LUONGO
LACK

#372 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,527 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

I'm quite surprised how many people keep pencilling in Horvat, Jensen, Gaunce and Corrado into the line-up.

If I had to put the likelihood of which rookies have a chance to crack the roster for opening night is put them in this order.

1) Schroeder
2) Archibald
3) Corrado
4) Gaunce
5) Jensen
6) Horvat

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#373 winthecup

winthecup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Burrows Kesler Schroeder
Booth Santorelli Weise

#374 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,242 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

So Cory is starting?
2cz94w5.jpg<
The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books.
THE CANUCKS ARE THE SINGLE, GREATEST SPORTS FRANCHISE OF ALL TIME. GO CANUCKS GO

#375 frmVancouverBC

frmVancouverBC

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

*** To start the season ***

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Kassian
Higgins - Richardson - Hansen
Weise - Gaunce - Sestito

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Tanev
Garrison - Corrado

Luongo
Lack

*** Middle of the season ***

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Booth - Kesler - Burrows
Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen
Gaunce - Richardson - Weise

Hamhuis - Garrison
Edler - Bieksa
Tanev - Corrado

Luongo
Lack

Torterella has to go with something safe to start the season as he still gets to know the players in a game environment. But as the season progresses, I think he'll match players and juggle lines to form the team he envisions.

Top Line - Sedins and Kassian. Just like how the Sedins took home gold this year in the IIHF World Championships. They had a large winger picking up the scrappy goals.

Second Line - Lots of skills in this line if they are able to stay healthy. They play a 2 way game and neither hesitates to shoot which is what we need, more pucks to the net.

Third Line - SPEED.

Fourth Line - I think our fourth line will be more than capable to shut down opposing third or fourth lines, while being able to generate some offense. All players are big with good hockey IQ.

#376 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,879 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

Wow
So what did Roy do exactly?

Roy brings vision to the team outside of the 1st line. We don't have that, especially since Raymond walked

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.