Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BureisBest

Don Cherry Calls Mike Gillis "Gutless", defends AV

101 posts in this topic

Its not like there are no other goalies in this league. We could even trade both and get a different goalie too, I wonder if anyone thought of that? Not like these two goalies are gods among men in the playoffs...

I'd laugh if GMMG gets canned and then suddenly Manny is back in the roster.

How can you take a man seriously when he is wearing a Mickey Mouse tie.

MG is the one who is responsible for the product on the ice.

AV isn't the one diagnosing the teams needs and trading to fill them.

It just seems to me that Gillis is suffering from paralysis by analysis.

Make a decision on Malhotra, Ballard and one of the goalies.

Wasting time developing a young man like Schroeder when he knows

damn well what he REALLY wants is a big, tough forward. Just trade

for it. How hard is that honestly?

Personally, I think AV is fine and would benefit from having a GM with

a pair of stones to address stupidity on the coaching staff.

Don Cherry defends every Coach and he knows nothing about running a Hockey Operation .. as exhibited by his great success with his Junior franchise .. major embarrassment, just like senile old Don himself .. I am sure MG could give a rats azz what he thinks ..

Don Cherry defends every Coach and he knows nothing about running a Hockey Operation .. as exhibited by his great success with his Junior franchise .. major embarrassment, just like senile old Don himself .. I am sure MG could give a rats azz what he thinks ..

our defense sucks and is overrated and doesn't matter how good the goalie is if you don't score just like last year when Schneider played great. This year Schneider was not good. We are neither a good defensive team like LA or an offensive team like Pens.

and your analysis of GAA is beyond stupid. Lu's numbers took a hit because of 2 games, not every game he has played.

and last season...Schneider had a GAA of 1.96 and Lou was 2.34....without 2 bad games,,,now what genius?

He refuses to even talk about the Bieksa and Henrik penalities because the league would fine him.

50/50 hindsight would be generous.

I would have made the Ballard trade 3 years ago. But I also would cut my losses two years ago; saved everybody a lot of hindsight...

Lou???

Thats two examples totalling $9.5 mill in cap space where everyone knew we did not want to see MG's dirty backside. Make no mistake, he soiled himself.

Moves like picking up Erhoff, Malhotra, Hamhuis, Torres seems so long go!

What is that saying, Hindsight is 50/50? Next we're going to call our scouts dumb for not drafting certain players.

FTR; I like AV.

But I believe MG's worst mistake was extending AV last summer in the eyes of an owner. He supported a coach who did not get enough mileage out of all his high priced decisions. Now it's on him if he fires AV, which might mean he probably won't. Imagine if MG fires MG and has to buy out Lou and either Ballard or Booth?

Add $35 mill wasted to the fact the leagues highest payroll got swept in the first round. I'd be unhappy if it were my money!

Most of you fail to realize that what he is saying is EXACLTY correct. No guts is right. Why Luongo and Schneider are both still here is beyond me, and quite frankly, our situation is turning into a complete joke. I don't agree that AV should be kept, but Cherry is right about MG. No guts at all, and that is why we are a MEDIOCRE team

50/50 hindsight would be generous.

I would have made the Ballard trade 3 years ago. But I also would cut my losses two years ago; saved everybody a lot of hindsight...

Lou???

Thats two examples totalling $9.5 mill in cap space where everyone knew we did not want to see MG's dirty backside. Make no mistake, he soiled himself.

Moves like picking up Erhoff, Malhotra, Hamhuis, Torres seems so long go!

MG is the one who is responsible for the product on the ice.

AV isn't the one diagnosing the teams needs and trading to fill them.

It just seems to me that Gillis is suffering from paralysis by analysis.

Make a decision on Malhotra, Ballard and one of the goalies.

Wasting time developing a young man like Schroeder when he knows

damn well what he REALLY wants is a big, tough forward. Just trade

for it. How hard is that honestly?

Personally, I think AV is fine and would benefit from having a GM with

a pair of stones to address stupidity on the coaching staff.

The goalie situation is on Gillis

But the Ballard, Hodgson, Kassian, Booth situation is all on AV.

Hard to argue with him.

Could have had Jeff Carter for Schneider at the deadline last year.

Our goaltending would have been just as good, and we would have had a 40 goal sniper on the team.

.....and we know we could have got Carter for Schneider how? Lets crunch some numbers....Lou has a GAA of 2.56 vs Schneider's 2.11...a difference of .45 or almost 1/2 a goal per game ! You then need to find 36.9 goals during an 82 game season just to break even. So, Carter needs to score 40 goals just to be 3.1 goals to the good. Defense wins championships, and that starts from the goal out...go with the guy that was being talked about as a Vezina candidate. I've stated before, we are fooling ourselves that trading one or the other goalie is going to get us enough to get us over the hump, it will take a package deal I'm thinking.

I'm disgusted that during the playoffs that Cherry is focusing on the sideshow rather than the play on the ice.

He might as well be talking about the players wives.

How everyone's perception changed in less than 10 days.

Before game 1, everyone was glad that we had Luongo here as Schneider was injured.

Now, after a series where SJS had 25 PP and we had 10, after our offense couldn't score, all the sudden it is MG's fault for not trading Schneider, when the majority of you had wanted Luongo traded since a year ago.

Now all the sudden MG is gutless because Cherry said so, nevermind the fact that Schneider actually wants to be a starter for the Canucks and Luongo wants to be a starter else where.

Don't forget, it was Grapes who said a year ago that Luongo 'deserves' to be playing for another team that actually appreciates him.

Whatever man...