The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do the Sedin's want a cup bad enough?......

dman34

I've reviewed the goals scored by Phil Kessel against Boston in this season's playoffs.

I am hard pressed to find substantial evidence of where Kessel "goes through" Chara. This is mostly because Chara appears to have been on the Bruins' bench at the time of Kessel's goals, or perhaps in the penalty box. More often than not, I believe I saw #55 (Boychuk) and his partner (currently Krug?) as the Bruins' d-men who were on the ice for Kessel's goals.

If Chara was on the ice (I believe there was at least one), there was still no evidence of Kessel behaving in the manner which you suggest the Sedins were deficient.

Perhaps you were speaking of the regular season. I must admit that I have not reviewed the Leafs' regular season goals scored by Kessel against the Bruins.

Anyhoo, is there anyone else who comes to mind who displays a style of play which you would like to see the Sedins emulate? I'd even settle for a "going around" Chara on a regular basis type of guy.

regards,

G.

Its a statement how awesome Chara is rather than how deficient the Twins are.

Chara can be beat, but it involves smart players exploiting any moment of bad positioning and keeping the puck on the wrong side of that reach.

Easier said than done, as Chara is that smart as a defender. Lidstrom was much the same way, but lacks Chara's mean streak, which is not a put down, just a different gamestyle.

I would love to see the twins play on a team that protects them and supports them with a mean power forward and QB d man.

Ottawa or Detroit.

It would be easier than supporting them here with all the European hatred some Canucks fans are afflicted with.

I've reviewed the goals scored by Phil Kessel against Boston in this season's playoffs.

I am hard pressed to find substantial evidence of where Kessel "goes through" Chara. This is mostly because Chara appears to have been on the Bruins' bench at the time of Kessel's goals, or perhaps in the penalty box. More often than not, I believe I saw #55 (Boychuk) and his partner (currently Krug?) as the Bruins' d-men who were on the ice for Kessel's goals.

If Chara was on the ice (I believe there was at least one), there was still no evidence of Kessel behaving in the manner which you suggest the Sedins were deficient.

Perhaps you were speaking of the regular season. I must admit that I have not reviewed the Leafs' regular season goals scored by Kessel against the Bruins.

Anyhoo, is there anyone else who comes to mind who displays a style of play which you would like to see the Sedins emulate? I'd even settle for a "going around" Chara on a regular basis type of guy.

regards,

G.

yes the Sedins and I want a cup for the canucks very badly but like me, they are not capable to do anything about it. As soon as I saw them start diving in the playoffs I knew what kind of players they really were.

No playoffs

2008-2009 -led the team in scoring in the playoffs :1 and 2 with +4

2009-2010 -finished 2-3(behind Samuelsson) in the playoffs with +3 and +4

2010 -2011-finished 1-2 in playoffs with a terrible +/- coming out of Boston

2011-2012-Henrik leads the team in the playoffs with 0 +/-

So,to recap,Sedins lead the team each year in scoring with one negative playoff year in +/- category.

yes the Sedins and I want a cup for the canucks very badly but like me, they are not capable to do anything about it. As soon as I saw them start diving in the playoffs I knew what kind of players they really were.

Like others have said, I would really love to see a First Line A and First Line B scenerio next year for the Canucks.  The risk is if Kesler can stay healthy enough to be the main stay on one of these lines.  If there are times when the Sedins can be used almost as a second line I think the Canucks may have something special they can use next season, and the Sedins maybe able to do more in the playoffs.

Yup.

From Jim's comments, he made it sound like there was some kind of common wisdom/easy as pie approach used by a number of players to routinely beat Chara. So I was curious as to whether or not I'd missed a "Coach's Corner" rant by Cherry on how easy Chara is to beat.

regards,

G.

Toronto seemed to get it done. You do have eyes, right?

Maybe I should have used Lupul. Kessel and Lupul were always buzzing around Chara and the net... at least they were in the Bruins end. Either way, the Sedins shrunk from the Bruins, especially Chara. The whole world saw and still talks of it.

To be debating this, in any way, is so CDC.

Do the Sedins want the cup bad enough? No. They are unwilling to do all the little things, battle-wise, that win you tough games in the playoffs. There is no contesting this, none. Fanboys unite if you want, this is the truth.

Our core is soft-core, yet, wears a C. I think it is no small coincidence that the Canucks have a reputation as soft, though Gillis has recently signed some muscle, too bad it is not muscle that can play on the top 6 or log big minutes on D.

That's right Jim because your opinion is fact and to debate that is silly. That logic, in all it's glorious ridiculousness, is so you.

Also Toronto didn't really get that done and comparing a series in the finals to a series in the first round is something I would expect you to be smart enough to know the difference between. You're always so busy "being right" Jim that it really hurts your actual argument.

Archived