Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BigRedMachine

We will regret the way this franchise treated Roberto Luongo

342 posts in this topic

Lou wants out, let it be. Cory is going to be a good goalie for us moving forward.

the fans and the media are the ones who treated lu with disrespect, the same way they treat everyone in the organization when they feel let down somewhat. everyone here deserves our respect...it doesn't mean they can't be traded or fired but they pour more energy and effort into their jobs than any of us have ever invested in anything we've done....

Not a big fan of how this went down.

That said.... Bledsoe-Brady, Montana-S.Young, Vanbiesbrouck- Richter, Irbe-Ward, Bryzgalov-Hiller, Fuhr-Ranford are just a few examples of organizations ensuring continued success by going with younger players who have many years left in their primes versus the alternative.

Yup remember when Kirk mclean left. We haven't made it back to the cup final until Lu gets us there. Now if he left, it will be the dark ages of Canucks franchise. Cory will be the next Dan Cloutier.....I guarantee it.

Yup remember when Kirk mclean left. We haven't made it back to the cup final until Lu gets us there. Now if he left, it will be the dark ages of Canucks franchise. Cory will be the next Dan Cloutier.....I guarantee it.

I think they treated him pretty well until this off season. It would have been better for the franchise that he was moved.

I do not feel one bit sorry for Luongo. This is a business and Luongo comes out of this with over 60 million reason to feel good. He doesn't need his ego stroked.

this love fest with lu is taking on cult levels....

as a canuck fan who was supporting this team before lu ever played professional hockey, and will continue to support  this team long after lu retires....  I just don't get it..

In terms of heart and passion, id take mclean over lu any day.  In terms of skill, id take schneids..  Lu was definitely a good goalie, but nothing that would justify this.

(it is also worth remembering, Lu played on the greatest canuck generation ever assembled, and still he couldn't win a cup and was the direct cause of many playoff exits)