The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How much did YOU spend?

africaboombutta

$15 on beer when I went to the pub to watch the final 2 periods of Game 1 against the Sharks.

I didn't spend the money on the Canucks, but I wouldn't have spent the money if it weren't for the Canucks.

Oh, and $20 in (another) lost bet with my uncle-in-law over whose team will go further in the playoffs.

Bet ya can't guess what his favourite team is....f*n' Boston. 5 years in a row now.

Bought NHL Centre Ice for $50 and that was it. Normally every year I would at least buy a hat or two and some other random merchandise...Also make a trip to Calgary or Edmonton to watch a game. With the lockout I said I wouldn't buy anything outside of Centre Ice and stuck to it.

Well...I was a season ticket holder for the first 25 seasons, so I spent quite a bit over that time. But since...I've been to only 3 games, two were freebies, and the other I traded a pair of used snow tires for a pair of tickets. Other than that...purchased probably half to three quarters of the PPV's over the years, and bought a hat. This year - what they were worth. Nothing.

Well, I bought a towel on the street in Mexico with a Canucks logo but I don't think any of that went to the Canucks. Other than that I didn't give any of my cash to the Canucks or the NHL. I did watch games on TV and listen to them on the radio so I guess I am responsible for some advertising revenue. I have bought stuff and been to a few games in the past when the NHL was a serious sports league but I will not be doing so again until the league makes a real effort to deal with the corruption or incompetence that is ruining the game. My trips to Vancouver will be for concerts and Whitecaps or Lions games until things change. (and I am not talking about the success or lack thereof of the Canucks, win or lose I will support them in a legitimate league)

Archived