The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How much did YOU spend?

africaboombutta

I got two free tickets this year... both games I ended u spending about 100 on beer n food.

My main expense is drinking at bars tho... at least 40$ bill every game I went out... probably 30 games... but I ate too I guess.

Ill take the bar atmosphere over rogers " no noise full of stuck up people" arena

my lockout rule was i would not buy and merchandise for the season if there was a season and if there was not i would not buy any for 5 years. thankfull there was cause it has been hard . Money spent by me this season 0$

Pre-lockout I would usually buy a new tshirt just before the playoffs started. This year I spent nothing unless you count buying facewash and a pack of Halls lozenges at Save On to get a free playoff towel for my collection.

I went to a game (free tix), bought some beers there, probably about 30 bucks in beer (1 beer per period).

I didn't buy center ice this year. I won't buy it next year either.

I was offered some discounted tickets (75 bucks for upper bowl tickets), I rejected, it was more to do with the lockout than the Canucks performance though.

I used to go to 10 to 20 games a year, until I finally quit evading and admitted to myself that the officiating was provided courtesy of WWF, and that to a large extent winners and losers are predetermined and guided into place via 'game management'. Then I stopped spending nickel one. Now, my entire goal is to get everyone else to do the same thing until the NHL changes its ways - it is my version of passive resistance - call me Gandhi.

Archived