The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WCSF: (1) Chicago Blackhawks vs (7) Detroit Red Wings

Who will win the Series?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just like they had a hard time dealing with them and st louis in the regular season? Same teams one just has a goalie. Hawks will be fine if they can score first. La really shuts down when they get a lead. Home ice crucial in this series. La doesn't lose much at home.

I'm a big Red Wings fan, but I could not believe that call at the end. No joke, I didn't even watch overtime. The worst part is that Bettman is backing the call as well. The NHL is so afraid to say anything publically about how the quality of reffing needs to be more consistant and held to a higher standard. Such a joke.

Big bruising teams that are more interested in hitting the hawks and gumming up the neutral zone then skating with the hawks. Both teams have good top 4 blue lines that have a mix of puck movers and stay at home dmen. Some top end scorers on top six but depth scoring still favors the hawks.

You should look at the games played against LA and st Louis before coming to conclusion hawks can't handle it. They have. They aren't built to hit people but they don't get pushed around.

Nobody in league handles hawks this year except Anaheim in close one goal games. Then all of a sudden people because they dislike the hawks all of a sudden think it will be different. Evidence says you're wrong. Series will be close.

The point was that the similarities between the Blues and Kings is irrelevent. It's Hawks vs Kings - trying to stereotype the results of Hawks/Blues games as if they indicate a likely result in this series is really oversimplified.

I did look at the games between the Hawks and the Kings - my point was that you're staking too much on the season opener. A 2-1 season series - really indicating no edge. The idea that nobody handled the Hawks in the regular season isn't really relevant either - and I did see how they handled Vancouver in their last matchup - it was less than impressive.

The Hawks imo don't respond well at all when physical/playoff style hockey is amped up. We'll see. I mean Andrew Shaw was their 'enforcer' this year lol - lead the Hawks in pim. Patrick Kane in particular tends to disappear. I'm looking forward to the clash of opposing styles - I'm just not convinced that the Hawks skating edge is as significant as the Kings physical edge - nor do I think Crawford will bode as well as Quick given what will be in Crawford's face - while the Kings probably won't have quite the difficulty with the Hawks net presence (which I think the Hawks will need in order to solve Quick).

Kings in 6.

Well the hawks scored 12 goals in three games this year against la. I'm not quite so sure the offense is going to not be there. La doesn't have a dominant blue line. They are good but not the biggest and nastiest which is where the hawks have problems. The forwards are a different story. But again hard to picture chicagos offense disappearing

Archived