Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

WCSF: (1) Chicago Blackhawks vs (7) Detroit Red Wings

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
852 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win the Series? (80 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win the Series?

1. Blackhawks in 4 (1 votes [1.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.25%

2. Blackhawks in 5 (9 votes [11.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.25%

3. Blackhawks in 6 (23 votes [28.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.75%

4. Blackhawks in 7 (13 votes [16.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.25%

5. Red Wings in 4 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Red Wings in 5 (3 votes [3.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.75%

7. Red Wings in 6 (12 votes [15.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

8. Red Wings in 7 (19 votes [23.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#841 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

what a game. terrible call on no goal. but woooo

bring on LA
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#842 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,364 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

So disappointing. Now there's no one left to cheer for.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

small.png CDC Puck - New York Rangers

#843 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

So disappointing. Now there's no one left to cheer for.

There's LA and Boston

:bigblush:
Posted Image

#844 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,364 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

There's LA and Boston

:bigblush:

I'll take the 3rd option, the off button on my tv :P

#845 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,364 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

Pathetic how Bolland didn't get called in OT just because of what happened earlier.

Just enforce the rules already. No more of these make up calls/non calls.

#846 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,601 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:29 PM

Just like they had a hard time dealing with them and st louis in the regular season? Same teams one just has a goalie. Hawks will be fine if they can score first. La really shuts down when they get a lead. Home ice crucial in this series. La doesn't lose much at home.

I'm not staking as much as you on the season opener... or three regular season games.

? St Louis and LA the same teams, except LA has a goalie? Not quite sure about that, or the relevance.

#847 bhawks21

bhawks21

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:25 AM

I'm not staking as much as you on the season opener... or three regular season games.

? St Louis and LA the same teams, except LA has a goalie? Not quite sure about that, or the relevance.

Big bruising teams that are more interested in hitting the hawks and gumming up the neutral zone then skating with the hawks. Both teams have good top 4 blue lines that have a mix of puck movers and stay at home dmen. Some top end scorers on top six but depth scoring still favors the hawks.

You should look at the games played against LA and st Louis before coming to conclusion hawks can't handle it. They have. They aren't built to hit people but they don't get pushed around.

Nobody in league handles hawks this year except Anaheim in close one goal games. Then all of a sudden people because they dislike the hawks all of a sudden think it will be different. Evidence says you're wrong. Series will be close.

Edited by bhawks21, 30 May 2013 - 06:28 AM.

#848 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,542 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

I'm a big Red Wings fan, but I could not believe that call at the end. No joke, I didn't even watch overtime. The worst part is that Bettman is backing the call as well. The NHL is so afraid to say anything publically about how the quality of reffing needs to be more consistant and held to a higher standard. Such a joke.

Jybl4aB.png

#849 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80,294 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

@AnsarKhanMLive 7m
Wings GM Ken Holland said Valtteri Filppula has high ankle sprain. Will be in cast for 2-3 weeks. Needs 6-8 weeks to heal.

307mg00.jpg

#850 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 19,601 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

Big bruising teams that are more interested in hitting the hawks and gumming up the neutral zone then skating with the hawks. Both teams have good top 4 blue lines that have a mix of puck movers and stay at home dmen. Some top end scorers on top six but depth scoring still favors the hawks.

You should look at the games played against LA and st Louis before coming to conclusion hawks can't handle it. They have. They aren't built to hit people but they don't get pushed around.

Nobody in league handles hawks this year except Anaheim in close one goal games. Then all of a sudden people because they dislike the hawks all of a sudden think it will be different. Evidence says you're wrong. Series will be close.

The point was that the similarities between the Blues and Kings is irrelevent. It's Hawks vs Kings - trying to stereotype the results of Hawks/Blues games as if they indicate a likely result in this series is really oversimplified.

I did look at the games between the Hawks and the Kings - my point was that you're staking too much on the season opener. A 2-1 season series - really indicating no edge. The idea that nobody handled the Hawks in the regular season isn't really relevant either - and I did see how they handled Vancouver in their last matchup - it was less than impressive.
The Hawks imo don't respond well at all when physical/playoff style hockey is amped up. We'll see. I mean Andrew Shaw was their 'enforcer' this year lol - lead the Hawks in pim. Patrick Kane in particular tends to disappear. I'm looking forward to the clash of opposing styles - I'm just not convinced that the Hawks skating edge is as significant as the Kings physical edge - nor do I think Crawford will bode as well as Quick given what will be in Crawford's face - while the Kings probably won't have quite the difficulty with the Hawks net presence (which I think the Hawks will need in order to solve Quick).
Kings in 6.

Edited by oldnews, 30 May 2013 - 12:50 PM.

#851 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

Gotta respect how Chicago battled and responded to that no goal call in the 3rd and scored the OT winner.
I think if it was Van, we would have lost in the OT and then the fan base would blame the refs for blowing that game.

#852 bhawks21

bhawks21

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

The point was that the similarities between the Blues and Kings is irrelevent. It's Hawks vs Kings - trying to stereotype the results of Hawks/Blues games as if they indicate a likely result in this series is really oversimplified.

I did look at the games between the Hawks and the Kings - my point was that you're staking too much on the season opener. A 2-1 season series - really indicating no edge. The idea that nobody handled the Hawks in the regular season isn't really relevant either - and I did see how they handled Vancouver in their last matchup - it was less than impressive.
The Hawks imo don't respond well at all when physical/playoff style hockey is amped up. We'll see. I mean Andrew Shaw was their 'enforcer' this year lol - lead the Hawks in pim. Patrick Kane in particular tends to disappear. I'm looking forward to the clash of opposing styles - I'm just not convinced that the Hawks skating edge is as significant as the Kings physical edge - nor do I think Crawford will bode as well as Quick given what will be in Crawford's face - while the Kings probably won't have quite the difficulty with the Hawks net presence (which I think the Hawks will need in order to solve Quick).
Kings in 6.

Well the hawks scored 12 goals in three games this year against la. I'm not quite so sure the offense is going to not be there. La doesn't have a dominant blue line. They are good but not the biggest and nastiest which is where the hawks have problems. The forwards are a different story. But again hard to picture chicagos offense disappearing

#853 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 19,601 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

Well the hawks scored 12 goals in three games this year against la. I'm not quite so sure the offense is going to not be there. La doesn't have a dominant blue line. They are good but not the biggest and nastiest which is where the hawks have problems. The forwards are a different story. But again hard to picture chicagos offense disappearing

I can't entirely agree, but LA's blueline imo is an awful lot less difficult to play against without Willie Mitchell in their lineup.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.