The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Max Lapierre may not be wanted here

Jay86

GMan

mock him if you wish but he is a very informed source.

http://www.theprovince.com/touch/story.html?id=8373127

But Bieksa explained that Alex Burrows (who took more minor penalties than any other player this year) scarcely said a word of complaint to the officials all year. Kesler didn't say much either. He said the team talked extensively among themselves about not complaining and that they went out of their way to police themselves, because that's not the kind of team they want to be.

He said that on the few occasions when Max Lapierre complained to the officials, he got his ears pinned back by the players on the ice . And (our observations here) this summer, he'll likely have to find another city in which to play, partly on that account.

Would much prefer a Boyd Gordon type of 4th line center, or maybe the team will decide to go with Kellen Lain since he is apparently good at face offs and is 6'6. Lappiere can be a good player when he wants to, but at the same time. I think he can be easily replaced.

Would much prefer a Boyd Gordon type of 4th line center, or maybe the team will decide to go with Kellen Lain since he is apparently good at face offs and is 6'6. Lappiere can be a good player when he wants to, but at the same time. I think he can be easily replaced.

Lapierre has been neutered so much by this team its ridiculous. He can't play his style of game, he needs to play that yappy pest to be effective and this whole 'reform this 4th liner into an angel' project pisses me off to no end. And the fact that now the team is 'policing' him even more? This team needs some goddamn energy, not to dull themselves to the point where everyone has a Sedin-like personality. If this is true it just pisses me off.

in my opinion what happens with lappy will depend a lot on what happens with brendan guance and kellan lain. if both are deemed ready to play gaunce on the 3rd and lain on the 4th then lappierre could very well be out of a job. gillis did say that one of the goals was to get younger so dont be too surprised if that happens

Speculation cannot be said yet, Gillis is going over the plan right now, The Province also said Raymond would be gone for the last 2 years and that Luongo would forsure be traded last season. I know for a fact we will not find a better 4th line center then Lapierre so i am expecting him to be resigned because it would be pretty sad to judge his career in Vancouver based on a lockout season. I expect him back!

I agree with you Henrik. Burrows and Lappy have to be biting the opponent, kicking groins, and creating anger and distraction for the opposition. Those guys were so effective at that a couple years back. But now that you mention it it does seem like the personality of the calm Sedins is taking too much of an effect on the other players. I hope that's not the case because it may work for them, which is great, but for Lappy to be calm it showed one ineffective guy...

I saw him with 3 solid hits in one shift in that Chicago game where we actually played our best hockey all year.

I'd hate to see him go...we need a little of that edge and I feel that he's a spark at times when things are lethargic and disconnected. Tony G's observations, that's all.

Archived