The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Max Lapierre may not be wanted here

Jay86

i will be absolutely pissed if we let lapierre go,their is no reason for this....their is no better 4th line centre in the league and u cannot just let lain take over the role without knowing what he can do at the NHL level. If we let lapierre walk ur not only going to have an issue at the 3c spot but u will have an issue at the 4c spot also, so i am expecting MG to use his brain ink him to an extension rather soon actually and let him play his own game.

Plus no one on this team sticks up for players in general as much as lapierre,he has heart

Gallagher's guess about Lappy's future isn't the important take away I got from that article. It's that the Canucks have already done everything the media says they have to do to prove they have cleaned up their act and it still wasn't good enough. He's wrong about it just being game 4. The officiating was bad throughout, and not just with the clear dives. Apparently the Canucks are to be held to a higher standard than every other team and punished more heavily whenever they fail to exceed those "only applicable to the Canucks" standards.

And is it any wonder when even our own media won't stop calling them divers and whiners, even in the face of another team behaving so much worse. Even if Kesler had been diving, it wouldn't have even been in the top 3 dives of the night. But anyone willing to think it through knows that Kesler wasn't claiming the stick hit him in the throat and he stayed down even after the call was made. He needed a minute to recover his breath after his helmet was pushed off his head, causing his loose chin strap to press and eventually break against his throat. It was probably not unlike being clotheslined. But, he's Kesler so even though we know his helmet strap broke against his throat and any logical person would have to think that hurt, he is assumed to have been diving rather than simply sucking it up, toughing it out and trying to help his team on the PP.

How ironic that apparently Kesler needs to dive (by sitting out shifts when he might not need to) in order to "prove" that his legitimate reactions aren't dives!

I do agree that we should at least axe half of our offence, but Lappy should be one to stay though. Him, Hansen, Higgins, Kesler are all heart and try their best.

Just wish Hansen hit that empty net <_<

Lappy is the kind of player you need on the fourth line because he can actually play hockey, not just hit and agitate. I only hope to see the day when the Canucks fourth line has 3 players on it with Lappy's abilities, not just one.

He has hands much better than the average 4th liner. If the Canucks want to bring in Kellan Lain as the 4C, they should keep Lappy and move him to the wing and I think it would be an instant upgrade over the fourth line this team has typically played with.

I was pretty disappointed with Lappy this year anyway. Was far from his shining moments in the 2011 playoffs. Didn't get under the sharks' skins, no offence (I understand he is 4th line, but he did have offence in 2011), and was a part of that awful pk that was so good in the regular season...

I'll shed no tears seeing him go elsewhere...

Hard to get under the Shark's skin when he was only given 7-11 mins a game.

And LOL at the "policing" themselves. Canucks are starting to sound like a bunch of whiny, entitled brats. Mr. Bieksa who calls Shark's divers. Why don't we just drop all the excuses and just outplay the other team?

Its to bad ryan reaves is not a ufa until next year, but I am guessing demand for him will be high especially for a 4th line guy.

Everything you would want, relentless on the forcheck, hard worker, stands up for teammates, can occasionally score goals. In a perfect world I would build a 4th line with him on the wing.

And LOL at the "policing" themselves. Canucks are starting to sound like a bunch of whiny, entitled brats. Mr. Bieksa who calls Shark's divers. Why don't we just drop all the excuses and just outplay the other team?

Lappy is perfect as a 4th line centre. We just need to surround him with some better wingers. Our 4th line was YET AGAIN a complete joke all season. Volpatti was the only one that brought consistent energy every game, and we all know how that story went. We can't have him moving up to 3rd line centre every couple of games. If you staple him on the 4th he's still probably one of the better 4th line centres in the league.

This is exactly the type of attitude that makes me shake my head on these boards. The guys in the locker room are trying to be disciplined, professional, and accountable (ie, NOT blaming the refs, but changing their own behaviour), and you call that whining? What planet do you live on?

Your "rawr, just play better!" mantra is childishly simplistic and immature. It's actually you, and fans like you, that sound like entitled brats.

Actually, all teams do this same thing to a certain degree. But how many of those teams actually constantly talk about doing it in the media? None other than the Canucks.

They are whining because they don't feel they are getting the recognition they deserve for it.

Actually, all teams do this same thing to a certain degree. But how many of those teams actually constantly talk about doing it in the media? None other than the Canucks.

They are whining because they don't feel they are getting the recognition they deserve for it.

Agreed. The fact that the Canucks are the only team that routinely speaks about trying to play more disciplined, or that they are the only team that regularly gets called for embellishment, is where this entire attitude comes from.

The fact that Gillis hasn't exploded at the NHL through the media is astonishing. Quite frankly, I think it's long overdue. Fine or not, the NHL needs to be called out in order to be kept in check.

Archived