The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Max Lapierre may not be wanted here

Jay86

Trying to be professional and disciplined is different than talking about being professional and disciplined all the time. They seem to think that pointing it out to everyone will make the officials suddenly respect them more. Really all they are doing is again indirectly saying the officials are not doing their job because they are not "noticing" the Canucks being professional and disciplined.

And honestly, whining to the media is not professional. And almost every penalty they got was a penalty according to the rules so I am not sure they were really all that disciplined.

i will be absolutely pissed if we let lapierre go,their is no reason for this....their is no better 4th line centre in the league and u cannot just let lain take over the role without knowing what he can do at the NHL level. If we let lapierre walk ur not only going to have an issue at the 3c spot but u will have an issue at the 4c spot also, so i am expecting MG to use his brain ink him to an extension rather soon actually and let him play his own game.

Plus no one on this team sticks up for players in general as much as lapierre,he has heart

u know your reaching for straws when u got to use clips from when Yappy played for Montreal.

hahahaha

The guys WAS great for us but hasn't done a thing in the past 2 years outside of gaining 20 lbs and not fighting .

If i'm rebuilding this club and its image Yappierre is one of the first guys to go.

Lapierre has been neutered so much by this team its ridiculous. He can't play his style of game, he needs to play that yappy pest to be effective and this whole 'reform this 4th liner into an angel' project pisses me off to no end. And the fact that now the team is 'policing' him even more? This team needs some goddamn energy, not to dull themselves to the point where everyone has a Sedin-like personality. If this is true it just pisses me off.

This Tony Gallagher observation pisses me off, why would we get rid of lapierre because he yelled at a ref on the ice, it is important to be vocal it shows emotion and how bad u want to win. The problem with the Canucks is that they dont know their identity,they have a bunch of agitators and then a couple soft players. If people dont like us that is good for them, let them not like us. People dont like Boston cause they are cheap and physical but they dont care cause it wins them games.

Gallagher is a cheap journalist - he's almost always in scapegoat mode.

He's also alienated himself from the team with his endless drivel. Mere speculation with as little substance as can be expected.

Waste of time. Not a credible source where Canucks personnel decisions are concerned.

Gallagher is a cheap journalist - he's almost always in scapegoat mode.

He's also alienated himself from the team with his endless drivel. Mere speculation with as little substance as can be expected.

Waste of time. Not a credible source where Canucks personnel decisions are concerned.

Everything just points to the fact its time for a change.. on the ice, behind the bench and in the office. We, the fans, want to see a team win games when it counts. We don't care if everybody outside B.C. likes or hates this team. Bring the winning mentality no-matter the cost.

EDIT: my point is that the team and its new moto of being liked by everybody has taken away from winning, then I would rather be hated. If Lappy cant be like Lappy, trade him, if Burrows cant play like Burr, trade him. If the coach wont let these guys play that way, fire him. If the GM cant add players who can win, fire his ass too.

Lapierre has been neutered so much by this team its ridiculous. He can't play his style of game, he needs to play that yappy pest to be effective and this whole 'reform this 4th liner into an angel' project pisses me off to no end. And the fact that now the team is 'policing' him even more? This team needs some goddamn energy, not to dull themselves to the point where everyone has a Sedin-like personality. If this is true it just pisses me off.

I think if given the chance Lappy will want to resign, unless the money thing is a huge factor for him, but I don't see him getting much of a raise anywhere else. He's found the most success here, he and Higgins are good friends and the other players seem to like him, and he likes the city. If it were up to him I'm pretty sure he'd wanna stay. I want him to stay.

The old Lappiere could create more Canuck pp's and swing momentum with his agitation. Opponents' used to get fixated at getting revenge on him for his crazy antics which resulted in opponent distractions and Canucks pp's. Now who is he? An ok 4th liner who has some hits and an average pk'er. Dime a dozen. Don't get me wrong, if he could return to his old form I'd say keep him but really, I can't see that happening...

I think he's overrated by people here.

Could be replaced by somebody with the same skill set who takes fewer stupid penalties.

FTR. I'm not a fan of his yap. Kind of embarrassing, he doesn't intimidate and is a joke at fighting when he actually tries to back up his mouth.

Unfortunately if the Canucks can ever hope to rebuild their hated reputations in particular with the leagues officials Lappy, Burr and Probably Kesler all have to go, they will never be given a fair shake here.

Lappiere is going no where bank on that.

There are few 4th liners in the league that bring what he can bring at his price. He is one of those players you need in a cup run that will eat up hard minutes, he just needs the proper wingers, get rid of Weiss and Pinz they are puck bags...

I am sure the words to Lappy if any were more about being overly conscious of the team's reputation. Ie if you have a reputation anything minor feeds it, even if its minor. Another team can do the same thing and nothign is called, but since you have a repuatation refs don't give you the benefit of the doubt/marginal calls go against you. Anyone who plays hockey has seen this. That's likely all this was about if anything at all...just saying 'buddy, we know you're playing your game but you know how the refs jerk us around, we have to be EXTRA careful now"....

overblown by tony g...the little monk eeey

I don't think the Broad Street Bullied made any apologies for who they were? Somewhere in here, someone mentioned it would be a mistake to let the entire team take on the docile personality of the Twins.

If anything yapping, with AV harnessing the guys from letting them get into it after the whistle, or having enough guys who represent our spirit, is the conflict... Thats why teams laugh at us. And apparently it is now the character of our hockey as well, with us getting swept in round one. No fight at all!

Lapierre represents the fight that should be in the team. This entire conversation is a sign we need a new personality as a team.

Archived