The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Max Lapierre may not be wanted here

Jay86

THIS.

The role players on this team need to be able to play their type of game. Lappiere makes guys lose their crap when he is allowed to play that way. Unfortunately in their bid to be "popular" and no longer hated by officials, fans, the NHL, etc. the Canucks have neutered so many of their players.

I agree with toning down the diving of Kesler. But Lappiere and Burrows are better when they drive other team nuts. Ballard is better when he pisses guys off with hipchecks. Bieksa is better when he is allowed to drop the mitts more than 3 times per season. Kassian is better when he goes apecrap crazy and spontaneously fights someone (it catches other guys off guard).

The issue with the Canucks is not necessarily talent or that they don't have enough of those intangibles to be effective in the playoffs. They just need a coach who can properly define roles that gets the most out of those role players rather than expect them to be something they are not.

We need a GM who can do more though for sure. But we need a coach who can do a hell of a lot more.

I personally want to keep Lapierre.

I understand MG wanting to get Lain into the action, but why not have both? Torres-Lain-Lapierre could be a fantastic 4th line if Lain pans out and Lapierre is a much better player than Weise.

I doubt it, Lappy is a physical forward that plays bigger then he is, crashes the net, and gets under the oppositions skin. we need more of that in Vancouver. Look at the 2011 canucks, a big part of their success was that they were physical, we need more of that, we should get rid of ebbett, resign Weise, resign lappy and find another 4th line guy that can be reliable, because Sestito is definitly not that guy.

Lappierre is a fan favourite and was one of Gillis' best pickups. Size Grit and gets under the skin of the other teams. We need more guys like him. The 'nucks seem to have the reputation anyway they may as well get more of these guys .

Cheers

Archived