The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Max Lapierre may not be wanted here

Jay86

Lapierre has been neutered so much by this team its ridiculous. He can't play his style of game, he needs to play that yappy pest to be effective and this whole 'reform this 4th liner into an angel' project pisses me off to no end. And the fact that now the team is 'policing' him even more? This team needs some goddamn energy, not to dull themselves to the point where everyone has a Sedin-like personality. If this is true it just pisses me off.

Tony Gallagher is far from an insider. This is 100% speculation from him.

We're not gonna find a better fourth line center than Lapierre. Teams need character guys like him.

If he's taking the fall for our bad reputation, then we might as well trade Kesler and Burrows too.

We need him and his faceoff ability on the fourth line. The guy is capable of scoring clutch goals, he just needs someone to fire him up. Who else will teach Kellan Lain how to troll opponents?

Get him a couple of big wingers who can not only hit but also play the game (and at least one of them who can chuck the knuckles to clean up the mess he creates with his antics) and you have a 4th line that can make a difference come playoff time.

Free Lappy. I would rather see that stuff on the ice than not see it but hear Bieksa and others whine about how they are trying to hold hands and sing kumbaya with the officials to hopefully shed their image. Lappy can drive other teams nuts and is not as effective when he is not allowed to do that.

Lappy wasn't "neutered" this year - his role changed and he needed to be more disciplined and stay on the ice. He became the primary shutdown center in the absence of Malhotra. He was leaned on even more heavily than in the past for dzone starts and draws.

I found it a bit odd that he saw so few minutes in the playoffs - less than 10 a game - and Roy wound up playing more penalty killing minutes than Lapierre, who played pretty much exclusively 5 on 5. Wondered if he wasn't 100%, but whatever the case, he lead the club in dzone starts in the regular season and playoffs.

Dont get the love of affair with him, and wont be upset if we move on, decent 4th line guy but time to make room for younger players, he was awful offensively all year (which is more av leaning on him and using him in roles he cant handle, but the guy has trouble making a pass or taking a pass), he had several gaffes and turnovers during the season that lead to goals, took some dumb penalties, he also looked considerably slower this year and I thought his play suffered, I really enjoyed him in 2011 though and even last season for most of it. Refs hate him even though he has reformed. Last year against the kings he got a penalty for a check.

I suppose if we get a new coach who does not expect him to fill in as a 2nd line center or 3rd when/if kesler is injured, he is completely fine purely in a 4th line role and I wont be upset either if he stays, but I just wont shed tears if we move on. Were battling this image against the ref's right now and lapierre wont help, especially when lapierre cant play his irritating style of game because we cant afford to have him play that style.

Archived