The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2013-14 Utica Comets Thread.

avelanch

b5ae00ce0cea11e3939b22000a9f3cc5_7.jpg

Just to keeps things in perspective the Kennedy Arena in Rome seats less than 1000. The renovations to the Aud in Utica won't be completed in time to host any preseason games. It is why Utica's first home game won't be until Oct 23.

I like the idea of the game in Rome though which is a city about 15 miles from Utica and helps promote the Comets as a more regional Mohawk Valley team.

• 3 weeks later...

The upgrades to The Utica Aud included painting the interior walls Comets/Canucks blue and green. Former NHL goalie and Comets President Rob Esche personally grabbing a paint brush to get the job done.

The enthusiasm shown by Esche is spreading throughout the entire community. I just read that Esche will even be coaching a 2005 birth year Utica Jr Comets Mite team.

http://www.wktv.com/news/local/Night-Ranger-Howe-Hanson-Brothers-announced-for-fan-fest-223919631.html

Blomstrand, Guimond, Myron, Corbeil, Pacan, Elliot and Mychan all sent down to the Comets. Blomstrand is obviously signed to an NHL contract, Guimond Corbeil and Pacan are signed to the Comets, Myron has no contract but is in the Canucks system to it would seem likely he'll get at least an AHL contract, and Elliot and Mychan are Comet invitees.

Blomstrand, Guimond, Myron, Corbeil, Pacan, Elliot and Mychan all sent down to the Comets. Blomstrand is obviously signed to an NHL contract, Guimond Corbeil and Pacan are signed to the Comets, Myron has no contract but is in the Canucks system to it would seem likely he'll get at least an AHL contract, and Elliot and Mychan are Comet invitees.

also grenier and defazio. Both have NHL contracts I believe.

Comettes Roster Announced

comettes.png

Comettes-1055-300x218.jpg

The Utica Comets of the American Hockey League are proud to announce the final roster for the Hawaiian Holiday Utica Comettes.

The Comettes are a 12 member high-energy dance team that will entertain fans at Comets home games throughout the inaugural season. The Comettes will also be very active in the community by appearing and performing at events throughout Mohawk Valley.

Tryouts for the Comettes dance team took place on Saturday, Sept. 21 at Hotel Utica. Over 30 girls from the Mohawk Valley attended tryouts. The Comets and Hawaiian Holiday would like to thank everyone that tried out for the team. The final decision was not an easy one.

The Comets and Hawaiian Holiday are proud to announce that the following 12 girls made the Comettes final roster:

Alexandra L.

Alyssa D.

Amanda F.

Laura E.

Morgan M.

Nicole P.

Rhianna A.

Samantha R.

Stephanie A.

Taylor K.

Therese B.

Victoria S.

Congratulations to those who made the team!

apparently they are a cheerleading/dance team... not ice girls. no skating required, I guess.

no pics of the girls that made the cut yet, though i'm guessing those are coming.

Archived