The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks get ripped in Province Letter To Editors

J529

I'm sick of everyone whining about everything the Canucks do as if it's the worst thing that's ever happened, even when other teams do it all the time. Whining itself is a prime example!

People take such offense to the Canucks saying anything, no matter how true, and label it whining, but seem to have no problem with other teams doing the exact same thing. It happens all of the time in the NHL.

For example, in 2011 it was pass the accusation. Anaheim accused Nashville of diving, SJ accused the Canucks of diving, and then Nashville accused the Canucks of diving. Don't even get me started on Boston...

In 2012, Phoenix accusing LA of embellishment and diving...and they were pissed about LA getting 17 PPs to their 10 in the first 3 games of the series. Try 24-10 in 4 games!

This year, Boston accused Montreal of diving before the playoffs even began. In the playoffs, Minnesota accused Chicago of cheating on faceoffs and Toronto has questioned the fairness of faceoffs in their series with Boston. And if you check out what fans are saying, every team has committed at least one egregious act of diving in these playoffs and it's was surely worse than any dives from their players.

People want to sit on their high horse and pretend to look down in judgement on Vancouver when it comes to whining or diving but the truth is, most teams are guilty of both and some teams are guilty of both to a much higher degree than Vancouver. It just seems that Vancouver is the only team that gets drawn and quartered for it.

Working your ass off to improve and change a losing situation proves that you're a real man. If you let the haters go over your head, you're a real man.

Lashing out verbally and physically, whining about things not going your way, picking enemies that are smaller than you and behaving in a wholly undisciplined manner proves that you're a small child with lots of growing up to do.

The Vancouver Canucks have proved that they have a lot of growing up to do.

I will be interested in how the media and NHL respond to Ovi's complaints about the Refs. If the response is the same as how everyone views Canuck players, maybe we are overly sensitive.

I hope Ovi's comments will wake someone else and get the NHL some consistent officiating.

I will be interested in how the media and NHL respond to Ovi's complaints about the Refs. If the response is the same as how everyone views Canuck players, maybe we are overly sensitive.

I hope Ovi's comments will wake someone else and get the NHL some consistent officiating.

Such a joke.

Bolland calls the Sedins sisters, who cares--he's just being a troll. Canucks respond? Classless.

Doughty calls out the Canucks for whining just before a game, omg he's so right. Kings continue to whine the whole game? They are champions.

What I've learned about being a Canucks fan is that other teams/fans can whine and dive all they want. If we do it? Classless.

He's right. Look at the Canucks and Leafs this year.

The Leafs almost beat the Bruins - and they did it with integrity, guts and a lot of heart.

Bruins still doing their cheap shot garbage and Chara may be the biggest man in the NHL but he's also the leader when it comes to whining.

I watched most of that series and the Leafs have new found respect from me and probably a lot of people in Canada and the US.

If it wasn't for their shoddy defense coughing up the puck so many times, they would have won.

No...I'm not becoming a Leafs fan....but how they played is how I wish the Canucks played - like they did in 1994.

But is it really whining if everything he said is true?

That suspension on Edler is still bull because it was all Smith's fault for getting into Edler's lane and playing the puck like a Dman while still expecting unlimited protection as a goalie for as long as he wanted to hold onto the puck.

He was just answering a question asked, as they all do. He also complimented Smith, saying he was good at handling the puck.

Maybe Hank should have just said nothing about the diving in the interview, but I'm not sure having a private conversation with the ref about it but not publicly saying that is what he was going to talk to the ref about is any better...

Either way, I'm just sick of everyone being able to call the Canucks out for diving, even when it's not true, but then call the Canucks whiners when they acknowledge diving by other players. Either everyone should get to call out anyone they think was diving, or no one should. Just like the refs, fans, media and players should be fair with their penalty calls.

Archived