The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 Memorial Cup

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Portland gave it a shot at the end but the better team won. Portland had no answer for Frk - MacKinnon - Drouin line all cup and they buried PDX in this game. To think the waved off goal by Rattie (and should have been waved off) and Bjorkstrand hitting the post and that is a Portland win or at least to OT. That said, a very big congrats to Halifax. They deserved it.

For Portland:

Rattie was great and could be the sniper that St. Louis needs down the road. If not for the empty netter for MacKinnon they were tied for points in the Memorial Cup. Petan will be an underrated late 1st early 2nd rounder. I was disappointed in Leipsic in this game. Pouliot was great and will be a good defenceman in the NHL for Pittsburgh. Jones looked good in this game but I dont think he is a unanimous number 1. I think that COL doesnt need a center and will pick Jones over MacKinnon for that reason. Rutkowski was an unsigned draft pick of Colorado that Ottowa stole this season in my opinion and played well-ish.

For Halifax:

Martin Frk should be a good player for Detroit, he looked dangerous all season. As for Drouin, nothing to say that hasnt been said yet, fantastic player and passer. MacKinnin showed he is the number 1 prospect to me in this cup, 6 goals against Portland.....Fucale will be a good goalie. Fournier is a high caliber pest player like Burrows was and Marchand is now. Dont know many of the other players as I am a Portlander and a Winterhawks fan.

I think someone needs to trade around and get the 2 and 3 pick assuming Jones goes first and get Drouin and MacKinnon together. They are unreal and have fantastic chemistry.

A great Memorial Cup. I enjoyed all of the games and witnessed some fantastic plays and players. Wish it wasnt over.

I was there for every game and that line for Halifax with Drouin-Mckinnon-Frk. Hands Down...Best Line I have ever seen in Junior Hockey. Amazing, when ever they were on the ice I was on the edge of my seat

Honestly I thought the only dissapointing game of the Memorial Cup this year was the London/Halifax team when the Mooseheads completed a dominant performance winning 9-2. Other then that ever other game was solid this year

Agreed! The Semi-Final was great, and the Final was that and then some! In the Round Robin very tough to say which game was the overall best because I thought Halifax/Saskatoon was entertaining, of course Halifax/Portland, and London/Portland when Domi made that sensational pass between the legs! We were treated to one of the best Memorial Cups this year in Saskatoon thats for sure

Track record for Defencemens going 1st overall is not impressive at all. Only a few of them actually made a decent career, Jovanovski and Roman Hamrlik. The rest are duds, and other players have ended up being better then that dman, that was drafted number 1.

Jones might be safer pick, but Mackinnon is going to be an NHl all star in the making. This guy literally took over the the series himself. What an amazing tournament. I think too much hype into Jones going number 1 ovearll. I'm still not convinced hes the best player in the draft. Even a portland fan when on record saying he doesn't know why Jones is a number 1 pick. He knows he's good , but not number 1 material good.

Archived