The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tony G RIPS The Sedins, Coaches & Canucks Country Club

MJDDawg

You may be onto something.

However I think you miss the point about the Sedins. Instead of comparing them to any single player you should be comparing their line to any other LINE.

This is and has been where the fault lies with the Sedin line. Not with the Sedins but who plays with them. The Sedins are as productive as almost any other pairing in the league over the last 4/5 years. It is when they get into the playoffs that they take the brunt of attention game after game............and their 3rd man is unable to cause enough havoc/physicality to alleviate it.

That is why I have been crying out for a big gritty sniper to be brought in on their line. Who cares if we have to bundle Burrows if we get what we want. Someone like Brouwer, Voracek, Iginla or Neal.

Not only that but the 2nd line is so poor (apart from 2011) it means that any team only has to concentrate on the Sedins to shut us down.

Yeah some people don't understand that the

Sedins are dime a dozen they're not a Raymond or booth that can be drafted or traded if needed. If we give away the Sedins for a bag of pucks just because were frustrated at the moment, then consider our "window" to be closed and a rebuild awaiting.

Ehrhoff and Salo made the PP so much better.

Imagine a PP d man like Karlsson?

Gillis will probably target another power forward that is four years out from maturity.

“One of the main things is that our power play hasn’t been very good, that’s the main thing,” said Henrik. “We’ve had a few injuries to key guys that you need on your power play. If that percentage goes up to where it should be, I think those are the goals we’re missing. That’s been the problem this year, and it was last year as well.” Hank

Tony G is usually full of BS, but this is along the lines of the way I feel, too.

You can't pin all of our shortcoming on the PP. We sucked on 5-on-5 and PK as well.

This is no offense to Henrik, but along the lines of why AV needs to go. I think Kesler should be named Captain of this team. Or Burrows. Or someone.

Simply put: I think we need someone else to be named captain, we need an all new coaching staff (keep Melanson), and I happen to think we need a new GM, too.

...and I'd like new Owners -- ones who will bribe the refs like all the American ones do -- but that's beside the point.

What alarmed me more than anything in Hanks post-mortem was the waxing on about how fixing the power play was the cure for all our problems. As has been mentioned, while it would obviously be a bonus, if the team should have learned anything in the last 3 playoffs now is that you can't count on the officiating in the playoffs. This isn't only a Canuck issue. We've seen it again this playoff in the other series as well.

I have to believe that MG and the rest of the leadership group are not of like mind in thinking that only minor tinkering to the power-play/special teams will be the panacea for this team.

What alarmed me more than anything in Hanks post-mortem was the waxing on about how fixing the power play was the cure for all our problems. As has been mentioned, while it would obviously be a bonus, if the team should have learned anything in the last 3 playoffs now is that you can't count on the officiating in the playoffs. This isn't only a Canuck issue. We've seen it again this playoff in the other series as well.

I have to believe that MG and the rest of the leadership group are not of like mind in thinking that only minor tinkering to the power-play/special teams will be the panacea for this team.

Nothing but excuses. I'm starting to get very tired of the voices behind the Canucks. The GM, the coach, the captain... it's like Soviet Russia. When is anyone on this team going to say something realistic? When will someone speak their mind without fear of being taken out back and shot?

Dissension...

Well I'm mostly talking about the players in that respect, as a note on what Tony G said about Henrik undeservedly praising his coach.

None of the players speak against AV, and I think it is more out of fear than respect.

Last person to speak against the coach? Hodgson.

Before that? Shane O'Brien.

Throw Kesler in there if you will, but AV struck first on that spat.

Anybody that is employed will not openly attack their boss if they want to remain employed in their present position / location.

Removal of the coach is the job of the GM.

If Gillis had a majority of his players coming to him with requests to get rid of AV he has failed in his capacity to remove the coach.

It also suggests that has not happened or Gillis is completely out to lunch,or a fishing trip or wherever he goes.

Archived