Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elvis15

Gillis writes to season ticket holders, admits losing was unacceptable

158 posts in this topic

Canucks GM writes to season-ticket holders, admits ‘unacceptable’ playoff results

Vancouver general manager Mike Gillis sent an email to season-ticket holders today. It read as follows:

“I am writing to you far earlier than any of us wanted or anticipated. Although we won the division for the fifth consecutive season, regular season success alone is not our ultimate goal.

“It is my responsibility as the leader of this organization to work with my leadership team to evaluate all aspects of our hockey club and find ways to improve. You have been extremely supportive and your passion is what drives us every day to get better.

“Everyone in our organization from our owners, management, coaches, players and staff expected more from this season – and we know you did as well. Losing in the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs the past two years is unacceptable to each of us. This off-season will lead to difficult decisions including roster adjustments and changes in personnel. Though I believe the condensed schedule made adjustments challenging and does not necessarily reflect the full potential of our on-ice group, the fact remains that we’re going to have to reinvent ourselves and do things differently in order to be successful.

“It is my intention to communicate with you as often as I can throughout the summer months. On behalf of our entire organization, I thank you for your continued loyalty and assure you we will work as hard as we can to make you proud and to ultimately win the Stanley Cup.”

Since u said this isn't meant to be a bashing thread I won't.

He's president and general manager of a business .... he should be doing more.

I'm not certain what this actually accomplishes other than to appear more accessible to the STH.

Of even more concern, I would think, is explaining to the owner why you have a multimillion dollar building completely empty for the whole month of June on the assumption that there would he hockey played.

That's two years and counting of no summer revenue. That should be a big deal to the Aquilinis.

Said what he had to say. Knows this summer will be changes that make or break his job. Draft should be fun.

Hey at least he gives a 'personal' touch to the fans. I'm not aware of other GM's that do that (maybe they do just not reported?).

Anyways, I think the fans need to lay off the entire team and just cheer on them. It is much harder to trade players than we anticipate. A lot of fans have been saying that we should just Luongo for draft picks...well that is impossible. You have to trade a salary for another salary unless the team you are trading is incredibly low in the cap.

Hope he fulfills his plans and we have a shake up, it's definitely needed.

He still never actually admitted responsibility but at least he's getting closer.

I have a feeling the draft will be a big day.

he always seems to have an exuse .. he sort of apoligizes , but then says , but ... I am so sorry I killed that poor woman ,,, BUT her head did get in the way of my bat ..

He still never actually admitted responsibility but at least he's getting closer.

I have a feeling the draft will be a big day.

The week leading up to it is absolutely vital to allow the Canucks to be active for FA on July 1st.

If the heavy lifting isn't done by then the team will be hamstrung and will be in a very poor negotiating position.

Did he include a refund?

Or a discounted food voucher for the first 3 home games?:)

Yea bro? What did Brian Burke Accomplish? What is Burkes record as a Canuck? what is Mike Gillis's record as a Canuck????

It's funny you keep finding ways you pwn yourself.