The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis writes to season ticket holders, admits losing was unacceptable

elvis15

Hey at least he gives a 'personal' touch to the fans. I'm not aware of other GM's that do that (maybe they do just not reported?).

Anyways, I think the fans need to lay off the entire team and just cheer on them. It is much harder to trade players than we anticipate. A lot of fans have been saying that we should just Luongo for draft picks...well that is impossible. You have to trade a salary for another salary unless the team you are trading is incredibly low in the cap.

Hope he fulfills his plans and we have a shake up, it's definitely needed.

Some of you just can't seem to be happy about anything can you? I think it's a nice personal touch to season ticket holders. I hope there are changes coming to the organization but I'm not filled with blind hatred that when someone does something thoughtful I have to find a reason to hate on them still. There are already enough forums of hatred on CDC for that.

If we find a better GM I'm all for it but will we start bashing the next GM if Gaunce, Schroeder, Jensen and Kassian hit their stride as NHL players saying it was Gillis who built the team so the current GM doesn't deserve any credit? I don't find that argument very valid because you can make that same argument for almost every GM around the league.

EDIT: I don't care if he blames unicorns and dragons for the poor season as long as he looks to the future and makes the right changes.

The week leading up to it is absolutely vital to allow the Canucks to be active for FA on July 1st.

If the heavy lifting isn't done by then the team will be hamstrung and will be in a very poor negotiating position.

Some of you just can't seem to be happy about anything can you? I think it's a nice personal touch to season ticket holders. I hope there are changes coming to the organization but I'm not filled with blind hatred that when someone does something thoughtful I have to find a reason to hate on them still. There are already enough forums of hatred on CDC for that.

If we find a better GM I'm all for it but will we start bashing the next GM if Gaunce, Schroeder, Jensen and Kassian hit their stride as NHL players saying it was Gillis who built the team so the current GM doesn't deserve any credit? I don't find that argument very valid because you can make that same argument for almost every GM around the league.

EDIT: I don't care if he blames unicorns and dragons for the poor season as long as he looks to the future and makes the right changes.

My understanding is that it runs from the first day after the playoffs until opening day.

This letter was 'necessary' because of falling ticket sales, especially in the playoffs by STHs, and because the appearance today is that the team will be worse on paper next year. The organization needs to do something to give people a reason to be excited about next season or, at least, hopeful. Right now, until the other shoe drops, next years product looks like it will be inferior.

Well it looks like he will be sticking with the Club for the foreseeable future.

What I want to know is irrespective of what justification he uses, is he prepared to extend the same excuses to AV who I think, given the poverty of MG's supply to him is actually more deserving of a reprieve..................So maybe we will have both back next season.

I'm already excited about next years team, changes are coming, not a re-build, but a re-tooling here and there, lots of good UFA's out there, but caps going down so need to be smart, Laurence Gilman is great to have in this type of situation

That's hardly taking responsibility. He's basically just describing what his job entails. All I wanna hear him say is that he didn't do enough to make this team a contender, and that he'll work harder. That is somewhat in there but it's laced with excuses.

Archived