The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis writes to season ticket holders, admits losing was unacceptable

elvis15

Not to get sidetracked, but are the amnesty buyouts different in that regard from the regular ones? I know the regular buyouts have a fairly short window, ending before free agency, but I can't remember specifically if there was any exception for the amnesty buyouts to change that.

All he does is talk, talk, whine, talk, blame, talk, whine..

He should just stay quiet for the next month or so and just be a regular GM and make moves to improve this team. Stop with all this apologizing and blaming, it's just getting pathetic. Do your damn job.

That's hardly taking responsibility.

He's basically just describing what his job entails.

All I wanna hear him say is that he didn't do enough to make this team a contender, and that he'll work harder. That is somewhat in there but it's laced with excuses.

Buy a brain. Watch some hockey.

All our core that gave us success were from Burke n nonis. Gillis has only made poor decisions.

Garisson n hamhuis are the only two good players he's added

Fair enough for letting Mitchell and salo walk.

Drafting wise I don't mind gillis... he's done a pretty decent job imo. Only time will tell

When a coach "loses the room" is fatal.

For an organization the equivalent is losing goodwill in the local market -- journalist, broadcasters, fans, etc. MG can sense that the Canucks are starting to "lose the room". I just hope he can make the right moves.

He still is working too hard to protect AV and to protect his own decisions. I would prefer to see an admission that he made some terrible trades (especially Ballard for Grabner and a first round pick) Hodgson unnecessarily let go of some very talented players (like Salo and Torres, who would have signed cheap), and has a coach with a lot of flaws. Still, he is trying.

But after this buildup about "change" he better make some changes. I assume AV and Bowness will go. If MG keeps AV after this it make his talk look cheap -- just talk.

He said that in his 37 minute press conference... His job is very difficult. This isn't NHL 13 where you can just make any trade happen. You can call them excuses all you want... But just because you know what you need doesn't mean you can just go out and get it any time you want.

Archived