100 replies to this topic

#1 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

What a role model!!! Man, the media today is such a joke! There were these two "toddlers in tiarras" type little girls on the show there today(was waiting for the news to start).Anyway, she gave them tickets to some junk in Las Vegas, and she said that "since Las Vegas is a town for adults, I've got something for you" (or something to that effect), and she reaches back and says "here are some fake ID's for you" and hands them some "fake I.D's. Now the kids have this idea of fake ID's in their heads and how cool Eellen thinks they're cool! As if these kids weren't gonna be whack enough when they grew up. Wow....I am just disgusted right now
Posted Image WHen idiots think numbers are words, I do believe in 2012 for cleansing Earth of the idiots

#2 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,940 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

Have more of a problem with Toddlers With Tiaras than Ellen.

Pedoshow.
Posted Image

#3 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

We had fake IDs without Ellens help. ;)
Posted Image

#4 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

What a role model!!! Man, the media today is such a joke! There were these two "toddlers in tiarras" type little girls on the show there today(was waiting for the news to start).Anyway, she gave them tickets to some junk in Las Vegas, and she said that "since Las Vegas is a town for adults, I've got something for you" (or something to that effect), and she reaches back and says "here are some fake ID's for you" and hands them some "fake I.D's. Now the kids have this idea of fake ID's in their heads and how cool Eellen thinks they're cool! As if these kids weren't gonna be whack enough when they grew up. Wow....I am just disgusted right now

Today? The media's been full of **** for twenty years at least..lol
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#5 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 13,300 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

POPULAR

I can't tell if this is a joke or not

OP cannot be seriously offended by this?

output_Pdq_B7_F.gif

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#6 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

Same here, not sure if OP is trolling.

If he's not, imagine how shocked/disgusted he'd be about finding out about real stuff like Government corruption, child prostitution, genocide?

Edited by nuckin_futz, 16 May 2013 - 05:28 PM.

#7 rampage

rampage

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

TV has gone to sht

TLC is a joke of a channel and so are most of all the other channels.

#8 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

OP is doing an incredible amount of assuming in his post. "As if those kids aren't going to be whack enough when they get older" That's a hell of a statement to make considering you know nothing about their home lives or their parents. Daytime talk shows are always doing quirky stuff like this...it's nothing new...and TLC for example has done documentary things on the "Little Miss" contestants and their overbearing stage mothers time and time again.
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#9 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

We had fake IDs without Ellens help. ;)

Did people in the media make them seem cool and a must have? At least that one show on CBC or whatever was getting on those tools for having those shopps that made fake ID's, like it was some novelty item
Posted Image WHen idiots think numbers are words, I do believe in 2012 for cleansing Earth of the idiots

#10 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

Do you think I believe they're going to use the ID's now or something? it's all future programming by the degerneate one

#11 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

Did people in the media make them seem cool and a must have? At least that one show on CBC or whatever was getting on those tools for having those shopps that made fake ID's, like it was some novelty item

Possibly...seem to remember a few shows or movies where they used em. At the time, though, all we cared about was getting booze or getting in the bar.
Posted Image

#12 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

All I see the OP doing is using a flimsy pretense to bash Ellen Degeneres. I'm not sure if there's an underlying ulterior motive..but this is hardly anything to get so up in arms over. If you don't like Ellen for personal or moral reasons thats fine...just have the balls to admit it instead of masking it behind feigned disgust at this particular segment.
Posted Image

#13 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,306 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

How about you write them a letter.

That will solve everything...

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#14 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,689 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

POPULAR

Jesus Christ people need hobbies.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

Jesus Christ people need hobbies.

I'm an amateur horticulturist :P
Posted Image

#16 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

All I see the OP doing is using a flimsy pretense to bash Ellen Degeneres. I'm not sure if there's an underlying ulterior motive..but this is hardly anything to get so up in arms over. If you don't like Ellen for personal or moral reasons thats fine...just have the balls to admit it instead of masking it behind feigned disgust at this particular segment.

You obviouslly don't see very well. Get some glasses

#17 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

any of you who think this won't affect these two girls later and their decision to most likely gwet fake ID's later in life, are quite ignorant. "OMG member when Ellen gave us fake ID's?!" teheheh let's get some "real" fake ID's now! I wanna go to teh bar!!"

#18 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

You obviouslly don't see very well. Get some glasses

I'm already wearing glasses. If you think Ellen is a "great role model" I'd suggest you avoid Honey Boo Boo.
Posted Image

#19 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

I'm already wearing glasses. If you think Ellen is a "great role model" I'd suggest you avoid Honey Boo Boo.

I deffinately do not think she is even a mediocre role model. I just believe what she/they did was inappropriate. this generation of teens is effed, I can't imagine the next one!!!!!

#20 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

I'm more concern of kids having guns, having sex, and doing drugs than them having a fake ID to get into clubs.

Be kind to one another.

Edited by Snozberries, 16 May 2013 - 06:02 PM.

33o3bjm.png

#21 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

I deffinately do not think she is even a mediocre role model. I just believe what she/they did was inappropriate. this generation of teens is effed, I can't imagine the next one!!!!!

I was being sarcastic as you were when you posted originally about "great role model". It's not the adults you need to be upset about in the media and popular culture it's the younger celebrities...the Lohans, the Hiltons etc that these girls and many like them will grow up to try and emulate..not Ellen.
Posted Image

#22 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

OP should be edited so that the end reads, "P.S. I am not a crackpot."

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#23 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

I'm more concern of kids having guns, having sex, and doing drugs than them having a fake ID to get into clubs.

Be kind to one another.

LOL and what do you think goes on/is talked about in clubs? Puppy dogs and rainbows?

#24 Lockout Casualty

Lockout Casualty

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

It's too bad 2012 didn't work out, there'd be nobody to make these threads.

"It is the Parliament that’s supposed to run the country, not just the largest party and the single leader of that party. I guess that’s a criticism that I've had and that we've had and that most Canadians have had for a long, long time.”

- Steven Harper, circa 2004

#25 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,744 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

Doesn't really matter. Most kids have a grip of the real world by the time they enter high school.

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL medium.png - STHS medium.png - CDCFL

#26 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

Wow, I didnt know Ned Flanders posted on CDC.

HpkJUPw.jpg

Credit to KingAlex for the sig. R.I.P.

#27 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,459 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

You must be a real hoot at parties

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#28 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,361 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

Tell us how you really feel

aXmDa9t.gif

#29 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

HpkJUPw.jpg

Credit to KingAlex for the sig. R.I.P.

#30 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.