The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks will have interest in Matt Hendricks

canucks wont get him.

Good for Gillis having "interest" in him, like he had "interest" in Nate Thompson before Tampa signed him long term. just like the "interest" he had in Torres at the deadline- he wouldn't go lower than a third round pick for Torres, now I am not saying he should have, he just talks it up a lot and then does not deliver. Before the deadline they said they were going to "go all in" so they got Derek Roy, refused to give up a 2nd for Torres and lost out on Clowe...so you can see that Gillis talks a good game but.....

they will have interest in him? why will?

Matt Henricks averaged 11 minutes per game this year. He has 8 points in 48 games, a -6 on a surging Capitals team, and with a decent 58.6 face off percentage.

in 2012 he averaged 12 minutes per game, he had 9 points in 78 games a -6 again. face off percentage was a decent 53%.

being a guy who plays 11 minutes per game, regardless is someone who doesn't take much faceoffs. 58% is a solid number. But looking at stats, he is pretty much a 4th line player. He's 6'0 feet tall, to be honest, he's is nothing compared to a solid guy like Manny Malhotra. I will be shocked if we let Lappiere go to sign this kid. 1.5 million is the most M.G will offer for a player like Matt Henriks. Also I doubt we will really get him, him being a Minnesota boy.

Part of the reason why the Caps blew a 3-1 series lead against the Rags is because this guy isn't a legit top-9 player.

Not sure why i'd ever be impressed with acquiring some perrennial underacheiving teams' 32yr old castoff junk.

When are we going to see some prospect depth? We're apparently spending a ton of cash on development, right? Time for some bloody results there, so we don't have to continue picking up trash just to watch them decline.

speculation based on Mike Gillis looking for a centerman, him saying it at deadline, the departure of Malhotra it all adds up to him looking for a centerman. I really doubt Gillis "will" have an interest for a guy like him. In fact I have no interest for him. Is Boyd Gordon even a centerman?

I don't even think we need a guy like Henriks.

Lappy only made 1 million.

I will be shocked if Lappy decides to stay at around that price even. He's a solid 4th line player, but

LOL, its funny how you bicker from the side line, I asked to see how you do being the General Manger, you said you are self employed, which NTC do you have an issue with?

Is there a source? Or is this just another case of 1040 reading CDC posts for ideas? I proposed the Canucks should look at Hendricks two weeks ago. Now 1040 says Canucks might consider it? Weak reporting.

Almost as bad as Jason Botchford recycling CDC posts and pretending they are his ideas as he's done many a time.

-Jagori

Archived