The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

With the 23rd Overall Pick, the Canucks select...

JasetheCanuck

who do you see Vancouver taking in the upcoming draft, assuming this pick isn't dealt? looking at the projected number 17 player, winger Kerby Rychel, he seems to be a good choice that would fit into the Canucks system, described as a sniper with physical ability. throw out your suggestions here.

edit: my mistake, an obvious oversight, anyways, in the 23rd spot, who will the Canucks get ?

Rychel has the blood lines and may be available at 23rd. Here's another guy that sounds worthy of consideration. Rasmus Ristolainen from Finland. He is a two-way defenseman 6'4" and 207 lbs. and shoots right. Rasmus is rankerd 22nd by Central Scouting and 10th by International Scouting Services.

Considering our depth on the left side, Mantha makes a lot of sense. Mirco Mueller, Bo Horvat, and Valentin Zykov are all names I'd love to see drop down to us. It seems like every year that Gillis has been drafting for us he's had someone fall down too him. I'm hoping it's one of those four. I'd be happy with any of them.

I know everyone here has a hard on for "get bigger" but in reality, this team is built after Detroit and is the model the team should stick with. Given this, Max Domi (if available) is the guy to pick since he's more pure offense, this team will need a true 1C in 4-5 years, he and will do a better job of replacing Henrik's production in the future than a Rychel type player.

Archived