The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

All We are Saying...Is Give Booth a Chance

Angry Goose

The thing about Booth is that he's not injury prone.

Both of his injuries were on plays that were just freak incidents. One of them was actually a dirty knee on knee.

If he can just get lucky enough to not have guys take out his legs or target his head, maybe he can have close to a full season of production.

He is a 50+ point player when healthy, and those cost more than 4.2 mil now from what we've seen.

And I don't have a problem with him preaching his religious views. Football is full of players that preach about god before and after every game. No one complains about that. Maybe the Canucks could have used some of his positive energy this season.

The thing about Booth is that he's not injury prone.

Both of his injuries were on plays that were just freak incidents. One of them was actually a dirty knee on knee.

If he can just get lucky enough to not have guys take out his legs or target his head, maybe he can have close to a full season of production.

He is a 50+ point player when healthy, and those cost more than 4.2 mil now from what we've seen.

From booths twitter account

“@D_Booth7: Just did a mile of walking *lunges* and I'm feeling the burn. Great sunday workout”

Fitness was never an issue, but seems pretty dedicated to having a comeback season to me.

Booth is a big, physical power forward who skates faster than most Canucks and has had a 30 goal season.

Not many other Canucks have those attributes. After watching the Bruins, Kings and even Blackhawks with big forwards win Cups year after year, every team is looking for this EXACT type of player. We've somehow got him, and we have to be able to use him properly.

You don't just buy out a player of this stature that everyone is seeking for. You work with him, train him and mould him into a Cup-winning, playoff performer like Lucic, Brown and Bickell and hope he can have a similar impact for our team as they did for theirs.

MG is not an idiot - he has re-shaped this team from players like Grabner, Raymond and Samuelsson to Booth, Higgins and Kassian for a reason. Powerforwards are more durable, playoff-ready and win Cups. Booth is exactly that. Better to change the player than try and find a new one.

For god sake just put back the AMEX line, it produced, it out worked other lines and it was a great balance of Offensive and defensive capability, Put Kassian on the right wing with the Sedins move Burrows to the third line with whom I'm assuming will be Gaunce and Hansen and boom you got 3 lines capable of putting up points while also being defensively capable.

Booth should start on the 4th line to start the season to work his way up. Frankly Booth did not produce enough last season when he was playing and is coming off another injury, therefore he should not start in the top 6.

If he plays good in the preseason then sure, but I think the coaches want to insert younger players in our roster as well. Shroeder, Jensen, hell even Shinkaruk if he impresses at camp should be given a chance to start in the top 6. Hence why I think booth should start in the bottom 6 to give younger players a chance at the top 6. Why I say 4th line is that booth should start his season playing more of a physical role to help him get into season shape. Booth has only played 79 season/playoff games in the past 2 years, 12 games last season, and has been injured 3 times in the last 2 years. I would like for him not to get injured again.

Booth's cap hit is too high for what he brings to the team. The Canucks do not have the luxury of waiting for Booth to show them what he has on the ice. The 4 million a year could be better spent toward a bona fide 1st or 2nd line player.

Archived