The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks coach talk. Keep all talk here.

MJDDawg

Not a huge fan of Torts. He knows his stuff for sure and might get some good results at the beginning, but it will likely be only a matter of time before we all get tired of his bull.

Thing could either go pretty well or it could be a disaster. Like Coach Orion in Mighty Ducks 3 except no fairy tale ending.

Willes is crapping his pants over the daily beatings he's gonna receive from Torts once the season starts.

No, it's exactly the opposite.

This is the media's dream candidate. The journalists, the radioheads, and the TV analysts exist to get fans to click on their product. Tortorella, if he's indeed the hire, is gonna do more than half their jobs for them.

Willes is afraid? What's that scum Tortorella gonna do, call him a name?

:lol:

In what ways are AV and Tortorella similar?

Personality wise, not many at all.

In their coaching styles, there are a few.

Defensive minded, slower paced, dump and chase, untrusting of youth, line juggling.

But hey, Torts is vocal and doesn't chew gum. I can see how some would think they are polar opposites.

I'm calling it, his act is going to wear thin fast.

If Torts is the big "bold move", there will be some sad hockey fans watching a dull as nickel style of play. Or maybe they won't watch.

I hope he calls out players for not defending the Sedins more.Frack these guys are our bread and butter and they're not getting any younger.If Torts can put an end to all this B.S. against the twins I,m all for this supposed hire

yes i believe cody schindler, rylan kessler, kelvin bieska and the sundin twins of this Canucks hockeyman troupe will not respond to the teachings of the newly implemented locker room king john tortellini

Don't forget MG gave away Cody Kesler

Cody-kesler%20copy.jpg

Some key differences:

1. Keenan stopped the Canucks in Game Seven of the Finals, after Vancouver's epic first-round victory over the hated Calgary Flames...Tortorella stopped the hated Calgary Flames in Game Seven of the Finals, after the Canucks' crushing first-round defeat.

2. Keenan was once fired and replaced by Tom Renney. Tom Renney was once fired and replaced with John Tortorella.

I hope Tortorella's first order of business is to go down to The Province, physically demolish their sports-page offices, and throw everyone out on their backside. If they replaced all those hacks with random people they found down on Skid Row it would noticeably improve the quality of sports journalism in this city. Have we forgotten how Willes in particular, and others of his ilk stabbed this team in the back and offered nothing but criticism during the Finals? I have not forgotten, nor will I ever.

Bravo .. :)

Listening to CKNW and sounds like Gillis didn't want to fire AV. It was only because of Acquillni's, especially the older Acquillni that forced Gillis to make a change.

Monday could be the day it's made official, which just happens to be Torts' birthday.

I wonder how the Torts era is going to comparte to the Keenans time here , i think things are going to blow up in Gillis face with this one

Gillis is on a real short leash. The next firing will be him.

After watching the Vancouver Sun's sub par piece by Iain McIntyre on John Tortorella being hired by the Canucks, the following is true.

The sports media in Vancouver is pathetic. They are full of venom on the page, but put them on digital media where they have to work the camera, and they show how little charm or true knowledge they possess.

The reporters have little to no guts, when it comes to their subjects. They ask the tough questions, but lack the fortitude for the answers.

They advertise what they believe will help the team, but when decisions are made, they cower in the corner like the rats they are.

In closing, I feel that Tortorella is the answer for the team because he will make them accountable. For this very same reason, he is the Canucks answer to the impotent and gutless media they have had to deal with for the last seven years.

Lipschtiz out!

After watching the Vancouver Sun's sub par piece by Iain McIntyre on John Tortorella being hired by the Canucks, the following is true.

The sports media in Vancouver is pathetic. They are full of venom on the page, but put them on digital media where they have to work the camera, and they show how little charm or true knowledge they possess.

The reporters have little to no guts, when it comes to their subjects. They ask the tough questions, but lack the fortitude for the answers.

They advertise what they believe will help the team, but when decisions are made, they cower in the corner like the rats they are.

In closing, I feel that Tortorella is the answer for the team because he will make them accountable. For this very same reason, he is the Canucks answer to the impotent and gutless media they have had to deal with for the last seven years.

Lipschtiz out!

Vancouver Reporters don't ask tough questions. Far from it. I hope Torts put each one of them in their place.

Archived