The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks coach talk. Keep all talk here.

MJDDawg

Well, we shall see soon enough how this turns out but I don't have a good feeling about it.

This quote by Dale Weise in a province blog last week is just one more reason why. Quite telling that he feels strong enough to diss the guy who'll be in charge of his hockey future soon.

“He did a wonderful job when he came into New York,” said Weise on Tuesday. “They had a good team, but they didn’t get the extra push from the coach for whatever reason. He came in and changed the culture there. He demands a lot from players. I think you can kind of look around and see that his style is kind of fading out of the coaching. There’s a way to be hard on guys and to push guys, but I think nowadays you’ve got to be a little more of a communicator. You can’t just put guys in the dirt and expect guys to get out of there themselves.”

Be careful what you wish for Canuck fans.

Well, we shall see soon enough how this turns out but I don't have a good feeling about it.

This quote by Dale Weise in a province blog last week is just one more reason why. Quite telling that he feels strong enough to diss the guy who'll be in charge of his hockey future soon.

“He did a wonderful job when he came into New York,” said Weise on Tuesday. “They had a good team, but they didn’t get the extra push from the coach for whatever reason. He came in and changed the culture there. He demands a lot from players. I think you can kind of look around and see that his style is kind of fading out of the coaching. There’s a way to be hard on guys and to push guys, but I think nowadays you’ve got to be a little more of a communicator. You can’t just put guys in the dirt and expect guys to get out of there themselves.”

Be careful what you wish for Canuck fans.

What the Sedins say>>What a fourth line plug says.

It's laughable how some of you want Tortorella here just so he can kick our media's butt :rolleyes:

What happens when he starts to kick some players the wrong way causing friction in the locker room?

Sorry, I'm not a fan of the "torts" personality and never will be....as far as his coaching ability, I will take a wait

and see approach like some others here.

It's laughable how some of you want Tortorella here just so he can kick our media's butt :rolleyes:

What happens when he starts to kick some players the wrong way causing friction in the locker room?

Sorry, I'm not a fan of the "torts" personality and never will be....as far as his coaching ability, I will take a wait

and see approach like some others here.

Some players have been running the asylum and need to get in the real world. If they take it the wrong way, they better suck it up. They've had it their way for far too long.

<p>

What the Sedins say>>What a fourth line plug says.

Haven't heard from them directly so until I hear what they have to say, I'll go with the plug who's actually played for the guy.

But I don't expect anything other than to hear their support. Anything else will make them look weak and like whiners.

Some players have been running the asylum and need to get in the real world. If they take it the wrong way, they better suck it up. They've had it their way for far too long.

And you know all this how?

Opinions are one thing but stating them as fact is another.

And you know all this how?

Opinions are one thing but stating them as fact is another.

It's been well established that AV let the team run their own dressing room.

Hopefully Torts will crack some skulls and make it a little less comfortable for everyone involved.

It's also a clean slate for everyone involved, I am looking forward to see what changes are made.

It's been well established that AV let the team run their own dressing room.

Hopefully Torts will crack some skulls and make it a little less comfortable for everyone involved.

It's also a clean slate for everyone involved, I am looking forward to see what changes are made.

Yes, I was aware AV let the players do this.....saying some players run the Asylum is a bit of a stretch for me.

A clean slate is a good thing and I hope any changes made are positive, but,

I just can't shake this feeling of trepidation....I hope I'm wrong!

Great move if we win, bizarre move right up there with naming Luongo Captain, if this backfires and we nose dive.

Sure seems like Gillis is a just a straw man doing the bidding of his puppet master owners the Aquilini's.

Nothing wrong with some passion, but even with a ring the team has to respect their coach, so lets hope the psycho routine gets dialed back a bit.

Idiotic to think the media are afraid of a 5'8" Italian, most of the local clowns took a few Douglas College journalism classes at night school and are chomping at the bit to be the next Brooksie.

Another choice would have been less risky, but if it somehow works, the difference will probably be the assistant coaches.

Pretty tough situation for Torts to come in to. He's gonna be compared to AV but AV had a lot of core guys in the prime of their career(Sedins, Luongo, probably Kesler), Torts is getting them in their decline. Plus AV got to take advantage of maybe the worst division in the league, Torts comes in just as the teams moves to a harder division. I'm almost surprised Torts would take this job, but I guess with only so many jobs to go around coaches can't really be too picky.

Archived