The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks coach talk. Keep all talk here.

MJDDawg

Here's my problem with this though; and the problem comes because I've seen it before. People point finger at someone, that someone gets fired, people jump to point that finger at someone else. I don't know about everybody else or if I'm just some advancement on the evolutionary scale but my fingers all have joints and I can stop pointing. :D

Gillis is the GM and it's his job to create a team. He should have some of the blame. That said this team is better than it's played the last 2 years and that was on AV. Almost every star player has been under achieving and they also deserve some of the blame for this teams "woes:.

My biggest worry is Ruff gets hired but only because I feel we've fired AV and hired a guy just like AV.I'm not afraid of Torts but only because I don't know wtf will happen with him but I know it will be different. If we win the cup next year I don't think it will be because they fired AV it would be because there was something different. Torts I think brings an extreme to that "different" but I don't know if I'd hire him if I was Gillis.

Great points. The longer the notion of Torts being coach sits in my head the more I like the sound of it. I don't know how many times AV iced a non motivated team this past shortened season and then went on to elude that the players can do the motivating. With Torts we know if his players feel unmotivated to preform on any given night they will be held accountable immediately.

My father stated to me once that when an individual points a finger at some one there are three finger on that very hand pointing back to the pointer.

Can't wait for the shill of whoever they eventually bring in. Any day now right? Pffft...

And MG's red face will stare at the camera and tell the proletariat that he was their first choice all along!

Great points. The longer the notion of Torts being coach sits in my head the more I like the sound of it. I don't know how many times AV iced a non motivated team this past shortened season and then went on to elude that the players can do the motivating. With Torts we know if his players feel unmotivated to preform on any given night they will be held accountable immediately.

My father stated to me once that when an individual points a finger at some one there are three finger on that very hand pointing back to the pointer.

Yeah but if you want to look cool doing it you also have your thumb up. :D

The real "joke" here is the fact that you are so blinded by your disdain for the former coach, you can't even give him credit for introducing an innovative strategy that he is widely acknowledged in hockey circles to have pioneered and has since been copied by many other teams.

You clearly know less than nothing about coaching an NHL team. Henrik Kesler explained it as well as possible in a simplified form. It remains not at all a surprise that it still wasn't simple enough for you to figure out.

Line Matching/Zone Matching is not new - just saying.

aside from that whole 1-4 system thing and the fact he couldn't get anything done with a good lineup

What happens with the Hawks remains to be seen, but he and his Tampa was the only team in the last 3 years besides us to give the Bruins a real challenge post round 1, with a mediocre team at that.

Tampa in 2013 has no depth, and no goalie.

Why does everyone like Stevens so much? Just curious...

Cause he suits this team and its players more than Tortorella would.

The players on this team need a coach that encourages creativity with the puck, not one that preaches dump and chase.

If we want that, then we might as well have just kept AV. People that think the only thing that this team needs is a coach that yells at them are simplifying coaching way too much.

Archived