The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks coach talk. Keep all talk here.

MJDDawg

Dreger of TSN is saying Ruff to Dallas.

I see Gillis`s method is wait till all others have picked a coach then get the guy left over....

sound strategy indeed...... :picard:

Or maybe they've already made their decision, and it's not Ruff. ;)

Even if they haven't made a decision on who they DO want...maybe they decided for sure it wasn't Ruff....?

If people think any coach worth their salt wouldn't rather coach a "have" team in a market that actually cares about winning and has the ownership/budget/personnel to better equip them for those winning aspirations over the Dallas' of the league....you've been playing net without a helmet.

True but you have to admit the silence and glacial pace makes for bad optics.

In the end it will be we didn`t want any of the others and got who we wanted...

It`s like the GM picking 14th in the draft claiming the guy they got was who`d they pick even if they had 1st pick overall....

sure

I don't see anything special in Boucher. He didn;t do anything, unlike Torts, in Tampa. Torts is the better choice with a lot more hockey intelligence than Boucher, but if it comes to Stevens and Arniel as your choice, hell just go with Boucher then if it rocks your turf. But dont expect to see any of the bottom six for more than 5 min per game.

I don't see anything special in Boucher. He didn;t do anything, unlike Torts, in Tampa. Torts is the better choice with a lot more hockey intelligence than Boucher, but if it comes to Stevens and Arniel as your choice, hell just go with Boucher then if it rocks your turf. But dont expect to see any of the bottom six for more than 5 min per game.

Few available coaches have really achieved "anything special." And if some coach has achieved something, it was not done on a consistent basis. And if a coach has achieved something special more than once, someone will say it was because of the players and the GM, not the coach.

Really, there could be legitimate arguments posed for/against everyone available

Makes me wonder why people even bother?

I just let my irrational dislike of their faces and mannerisms guide my opinion.

Ruff's moustache and his constant negativity sort of annoy me, so, like I said, glad he's out

It`s like the GM picking 14th in the draft claiming the guy they got was who`d they pick even if they had 1st pick overall....

sure

Like Bryan Murray when he said it about 15th overall Erik Karlsson.

Norris.

sure

Or...

They're not remotely the same thing.

Or...

They're not remotely the same thing.

Noun

spin doctor - a public relations person who tries to forestall negative publicity by publicizing a favorable interpretation of the words or actions of a company, political party, famous person....or sports team

Noun

spin doctor - a public relations person who tries to forestall negative publicity by publicizing a favorable interpretation of the words or actions of a company, political party, famous person....or sports team

I wish I worked for the team. That would be awesome!!!.

Sadly, my combating idiocy here on CDC is on a volunteer basis :(

None of the available coaches mentioned are really what we need. They need to start thinking outside the box; maybe go out if left field and get a coach who coaches a hard hitting forechecking grinding style of play.

They should consider interviewing Ted Nolan

Noun

Noun

• , last resort (an expedient adopted only in desperation) "`pis aller' is French for `worst going'"

Noun

2. Noun

Crappy band from the 90s with one hit song.

None of the available coaches mentioned are really what we need. They need to start thinking outside the box; maybe go out if left field and get a coach who coaches a hard hitting forechecking grinding style of play.

They should consider interviewing Ted Nolan

Im guessing you did not watch last season , This roster is not built for that style of hockey

2. Noun

Crappy band from the 90s with one hit song.

This one he got a princely racket

That's what I said now

Got some Big Seal upon his jacket

Ain't in his head now

You marry him, your father will condone you

How 'bout that now

You marry me, your father will disown you

He'll eat his hat, now

Im guessing you did not watch last season , This roster is not built for that style of hockey

That is what MG is trying to do. He wants to switch to that style so he needs a coach who can do that with the players MG says he's going to acquire.

You don't hire a coach for what the roster currently is, you get a coach that will be what the team is working towards.

Archived