Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

[Official] Canucks coach talk. Keep all talk here.

• Please log in to reply
2465 replies to this topic

#421 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,096 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

POPULAR

AV's post-firing statement:

Vigneault released the following statement late Wednesday afternoon:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Aquilini family, Mike Gillis, Lorne Henning, Laurence Gilman, Stan Smyl, Victor de Bonis and the entire management, scouting, training and front office staff with the Vancouver Canucks. The past seven years have been an honour for me to coach and work for a great franchise in a wonderful Canadian city. To work in a city with such passionate and loyal fans is a privilege – I enjoyed every moment of it.

I am grateful to Dave Nonis and Steve Tambellini for the opportunity they provided me eight years ago. Over the past seven years, I have made many good friends in Vancouver and had the chance to coach quality players who cared deeply about their profession and were committed to winning. I am grateful to the players and their families for the sacrifice and dedication they showed in an effort to be the best they could be. Watching as many of our players started families, became fathers and grew as men, on and off of the ice, was equally rewarding.

To Rick Bowness, Newell Brown, Rollie Melanson and Darryl Williams – I say thank you for your tireless effort every day – I am grateful for your friendship and dedication. You should all be very proud of your achievements.

I am proud of many of the things we accomplished as a group these past seven seasons in Vancouver and only wish we were able to win the Canucks first Stanley Cup. I am a career coach and it is what I love to do. I hope to coach again in this League and will always have good memories of my time and the fans in Vancouver.

Coach V

Edited by elvis15, 22 May 2013 - 04:38 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#422 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,096 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

They were beaten by the damned cup winners. A team that was specifically bolstered and designed to win the Cup...........Something which is totally foreign to MG.

It wasn't some hick team that fell out in the next round.

They steam rollered everyone and the only way we stood a chance that year was if Gillis had learned lessons in 2011 and acted on them.

It was his fault..........The Canucks won a PT that year (how many other coaches of the Canucks had done that 2 years running? But never the less the regular season is not the Playoffs and Gillis should have known that.

Sure they were, but the points about us being the higher seeded team, losing both of the first games at home, and losing consecutive game in the way we did are absolutely valid.

I've spent some time on CDC recently with a comparison of Chicago, who'd lost in the 1st round twice the last two seasons after winning the cup. Boston's in a similar boat after losing in the 1st round last year but could have easily been in trouble this year as well. Neither team had done so in quite the same fashion though.

The Canucks won the President's Trophy in part because of the coaching but also the personnel AV had to coach. Much of that same team was capable of playoff success after getting to game 7 of the SCF in 2011, so clearly that wasn't the main issue to lose like we did in the first round. How the coach uses the personnel he's given, and how the players respond was why things happened the way they did and why we got the result we see today.

Edited by elvis15, 22 May 2013 - 05:15 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#423 Losing With Pride

Losing With Pride

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,721 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

What a beauty... Good luck AV. Thank you!!

#424 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

Class, all the way.

Too bad most fans here lack it.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#425 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,754 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

Pretty much confirmed we're seeing the exact same core... Smh

Yep, we'll be seeing a lot of the same next year unfortunately.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#426 tacoma Canucks fan

tacoma Canucks fan

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

you forgot to fire YOURSELF Gillis

#427 Bure fan

Bure fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

Really hope we don't hire Ruff.

Guys is Vigneault 2.0. No improvement whatsoever.

Don't agree, the guys a strong coach.

Edited by Bure fan, 22 May 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#10 Pavel Bure #96

Posted Image

#428 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

Where's Vigneaults Cup then?

ruff doesnt have a cup
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#429 Bure fan

Bure fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

ruff doesnt have a cup

Terrible memory, my apologies. I thought they beat Dallas.

#10 Pavel Bure #96

Posted Image

#430 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,621 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

Class act.

I'll probably miss him and his gum chewing eventually.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#431 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

Best coach this team has had since Pat Quinn, and it really is too bad the team couldn't stay healthy enough for a Stanley Cup against Boston.

He is lucky to have made it past the 08/09 season though, but he did a great job with what Nonis and Gillis gave him. I don't blame AV for this season. He had basically a 1 line team for 3/4 of the season and 2 lines in the playoffs. The 3rd/4th lines aren't anywhere close to what they were in the 2011 run. But a change was needed, its just too bad Gillis didn't get canned as well for some of the dumb moves he has made the last few years.

Thanks AV, and good luck.

By the way learn how to spell SHIRIKOV who is this shirakov

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#432 6string

6string

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

well when you mark up season tickets by 5% ya gotta know there were gonna be changes, for marketing purposes to justify their increase they need a new poster boy to advertise, ya know kinda like the saviour himself is here now, everything is fresh and exciting once again in canuck-ville with this new face(s)...

the coach always goes before a failing gm, seen it many times in many pro sports organizations. with the luongo deal and maybe another florida trade lol, the canucks will have some new faces to advertise and market so the gullible canuck fans will forget everything that has gone wrong for 2 seasons and $pend-$pend -$pend ( sports apparrel and tickets ) with dreams of glory again for vancouver.

gillis has failed: dealing tough guy shayne o'brien was dumb, signing demitra ( rip ) was nothing without gaborik, shaeffer-yes steve shaeffer, marco sturm?, booth, ballard, roy and kassian. what gillis failed to do was land a tough guy like milan lucic or chris neil or a david clarkson, he decided on kassian ( a good choice ) but it didn't address our immediate needs, why did the owner extend gillis contract is beyond me and my east end bro acquilini gets what he deserves.... a fight to make the playoffs next season!

#433 Industrious1

Industrious1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

No coach of the Canucks has ever accomplished as much as Vigneault and it may be a looong while before we see another to match his achievements with the club. That being said, most everyone (AV included) knew that his time here had run its course and the natural thing is to part ways and move on.

No one should be sad about the situation (nostalgia aside) as i'm sure Coach V will find gainful employment whenever he likes at whatever level he likes. This also allows Vancouver to follow its own agenda any way it likes although I have a feeling we are going to be far below expectations for the next season or two.

#434 erkayloomeh

erkayloomeh

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

Thanks for the best 7 seasons any diehard Vancouver Canucks fan could ask for. 2 Presidents trophies, 1 Stanley Cup Final appearance, 6 out of 7 Northwest Division champions. But it's time to move on, thanks for the memories, and I wish you the best in your future endeavours, Alain Vigneault.

Yes. Good luck AV and thanks

Edited by erkayloomeh, 22 May 2013 - 05:13 PM.

GOD BE PRAISED

#435 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,208 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

Those Babcock rumours were part of a bullshard story about Zetteburg and Datsyuk having had enough of him, etc, blah, blah, crapola.

He'd be my number one choice, but it aint gonna happen.

#436 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

Best coach this team has had since Pat Quinn, and it really is too bad the team couldn't stay healthy enough for a Stanley Cup against Boston.

He is lucky to have made it past the 08/09 season though, but he did a great job with what Nonis and Gillis gave him. I don't blame AV for this season. He had basically a 1 line team for 3/4 of the season and 2 lines in the playoffs. The 3rd/4th lines aren't anywhere close to what they were in the 2011 run. But a change was needed, its just too bad Gillis didn't get canned as well for some of the dumb moves he has made the last few years.

Thanks AV, and good luck.

Wish more CDC'ers felt this way.

Nicely put.

Posted Image

#437 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

Coaches Corner is gonna be rad.

Posted Image

#438 sgt. grumbles

sgt. grumbles

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

I like how in his press conference Gillis repeatedly remarked on how good of a coach AV and his assistants are. He reiterated it several times while still saying that this is in the end a results based business and that's the only metric they are being judged by. He also stated that he does not feel that the coaching staff are scapegoats in this situation. Well, if Vigneault, Bowness, and Brown are such great coaches, then why then are they all being fired? I'm not against the coaching change because I feel that this team has become quite stagnant and that change is good just for the sake of change, but if you read between the lines Gillis is almost tacitly admitting that the coaches are scapegoats in this situation. He's not going to fire himself.

#439 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,754 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

Dave Tippett, if you can get him is head and shoulders above any of these guys. Larry Robinson would be great but he already stated he doesn't want to be a head coach. My guess is Dallas Eakins or Desjardins get it.

I'd love to see what Tippett would do with a better offence and the twins in particular. Failing that MG gets the required skill up front, which I am reserved to, Tippett, will be excellent at getting the most of our slew of third liners. He'll make damn sure this team plays defence properly for a change.

Edited by Dogbyte, 22 May 2013 - 05:28 PM.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#440 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,646 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

I like how in his press conference Gillis repeatedly remarked on how good of a coach AV and his assistants are. He reiterated it several times while still saying that this is in the end a results based business and that's the only metric they are being judged by. He also stated that he does not feel that the coaching staff are scapegoats in this situation. Well, if Vigneault, Bowness, and Brown are such great coaches, then why then are they all being fired? I'm not against the coaching change because I feel that this team has become quite stagnant and that change is good just for the sake of change, but if you read between the lines Gillis is almost tacitly admitting that the coaches are scapegoats in this situation. He's not going to fire himself.

uhh, just because he's a good coach doesn't mean he's the best coach for the canucks
Posted Image

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#441 Raymond Ballard and a 1st

Raymond Ballard and a 1st

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

Well if anything, now was the best time to fire AV, seeing as there are many options on the market right now, In my opinion I hope Dave Tippet leaves the Coyotes and join us, but Guy Boucher would be awesome too (That scar alone would terrify teams).

With that all being said, AV was a great coach for this team and it was just time for him to move on. He is a great coach and whichever team gets him is very lucky.

Edited by Raymond Ballard and a 1st, 22 May 2013 - 05:35 PM.

#442 tocnhockey

tocnhockey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

Sorry to see you go AV, you were and are a classy guy!! :(

"He'll play, you know he'll play. He'll play on crutches."

linden_mclean1994.jpg

Kirk McLean and Trevor Linden -Game 6 1994 SC Finals

#443 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

uhh, just because he's a good coach doesn't mean he's the best coach for the canucks

He was the best coach for the Canucks.

Posted Image

#444 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,023 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

I don't know any team in the league that spends to the cap that wouldn't fire their coach after two first round exits.

This should not come as a shock to anyone.

The only option the team had was to either blow up the core or fire the coach. Thinking that firing the GM and keeping the same coach and core would produce better results is silly.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#445 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,471 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

Hmmm, I guess all those that have been ragging on this guy for months look a lot less stupid now.

Happy day, happy day.

Nah some of you still look pretty stupid.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#446 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,471 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

I don't know any team in the league that spends to the cap that wouldn't fire their coach after two first round exits.

This should not come as a shock to anyone.

The only option the team had was to either blow up the core or fire the coach. Thinking that firing the GM and keeping the same coach and core would produce better results is silly.

It's almost like they tried that already once. :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

#447 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,023 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

He was the best coach for the Canucks.

Key word is was.

The last 3 years have also been the best roster that the team has ever assembled. So if you wanna give credit to the coach or the players, it doesn't really matter. The bottom line is, both failed to produce results. And the coach is the easiest thing to change at this point.

Posted Image

#448 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

Will be interesting to see if MG goes old school vet or off the board with AHL coach with no NHL coaching experience. Larry Robinson would be fantastic for this team, but other than him I'd prefer not going the retread route. The thought of going with a younger coach such as Eakins or Desjardins kind of appeals to me though.

Free Agents

Guy Boucher: After tremendous success in Major Junior and the AHL, Boucher was hired by the Tampa Bay Lightning in 2010 and led the team to a 46-25-11 record and the Eastern Conference Finals. He was praised for his tactical acumen and had many surprised that he didn’t receive more votes for the Jack Adams award. Then the Lightning failed to make the playoffs and got off to a poor start this season and he was fired. I, for one, would like to see how he would do coaching a team with decent goaltending.

Lindy Ruff: Ruff was the head coach in Buffalo for a whopping 14 seasons, but was fired in his 15th after a 6-10-1 start. He coached the Sabres to the Stanley Cup Finals back in 1999 and to the Conference Finals three other times. In his last five seasons, however, the Sabres failed to make the playoffs in three of them and lost in the first round in the other two. He has never coached a team that spends to the salary cap, however, and has a sterling reputation.

Guy Carbonneau: In his first season as head coach of the Canadiens in 2006-07, they missed the playoffs. The next season, Carbonneau coached them to a division title, then lost in the second round of the playoffs. Carbonneau was the runner-up for the Jack Adams award to Bruce Boudreau. The next season, he was fired, even as the Canadiens eventually made the playoffs.

Andy Murray: Currently coaching college hockey at Western Michigan, Murray previously coached the Kings and the Blues. He was a runner-up for the Jack Adams award in 2009 after guiding the Blues from 15th in the conference at the All-Star break to the playoffs, where they promptly got swept by the Canucks.

Ron Wilson: Wilson is a hard coach to judge. He coached the 1997-98 Capitals to the Cup Finals and was behind the bench for some of the Sharks’ best regular seasons, even as they never made it to the Finals. Then he got hired in Toronto to coach the Maple Leafs and got fired partway through a fourth straight unsuccessful season. Do you judge him for his failure in Toronto where he had very little to work with? How much credit do you give him for USA’s silver medal in the 2010 Olympics?

Jacques Martin: Martin is one of the most experienced coaches available, but he’s faced criticism that he hasn’t been able to adapt to the realities of the post-lockout NHL. Still, the Ottawa Senators never missed the playoffs while he was behind the bench, leading them to four 100+ point seasons. He may be too defensively-oriented to fit with the Canucks, however.

Brent Sutter: Sutter had some success coaching New Jersey, but flamed out in three seasons with Calgary. How much of that should be on him, however, rather than , no success in Calgary, but how much blame should he receive for that and how much should be on his brother, Darryl, the General Manager? By all accounts, Sutter is a fine coach and deserves another shot at an NHL head coaching job.

Don Hay: The current coach of the Vancouver Giants had two brief stints as an NHL head coach, getting the Coyotes to the playoffs in 1997 and lasting 68 games with the Flames in 2000-01. Hay’s success in the WHL has been impressive, leading the Giants to a Memorial Cup in 2007 after winning it twice with the Kamloops Blazers. His name is frequently brought up for an NHL coaching job, but the question is how interested he is in returning to the NHL.

Mike Keenan or Marc Crawford: Just kidding. Sort of.

Assistants

John Stevens: After a stint as the Philadelphia Flyers’ head coach, he was hired as an assistant with the Los Angeles Kings, focussing on defence and the penalty kill. The Kings have been among the league leaders in penalty kill percentage and goals against while he’s been behind the bench and he won the Stanley Cup with the Kings in 2012.

Larry Robinson: Robinson was the head coach for the New Jersey Devils’ 2000 Stanley Cup and their 2001 loss in the Finals. Other than a previous stint as the Kings’ head coach, he’s mostly been an assistant, joining the San Jose Sharks this past season. He was credited with the Sharks’ improvement on the penalty kill as they went from 29th in the league in 2011-12 to 7th in 2012-13.

John Anderson: Anderson was a very successful AHL coach with the Chicago Wolves, but his only shot at a head-coaching job in the NHL was with the sad-sack Atlanta Thrashers. He’s currently an assistant coach with the Phoenix Coyotes under Dave Tippett.

Brad Shaw: Shaw’s only shot at being a head coach was as an interim coach for the New York Islanders. He’s been an assistant with the St. Louis Blues since 2006 and was voted as the assistant coach who most deserved to be a head coach in the 2011-12 NHLPA player’s poll.

Scott Gordon: Gordon was given no chance to succeed in his first job as an NHL head coach, as he was hired by the brutally awful New York Islanders in 2008. He was previously the AHL coach of the year in 2008 and seems like a good candidate to make his way back into the ranks of NHL head coaches in short order. He’s currently an assistant coach with the Leafs.

Tom Renney: Renney is an unlikely candidate, not because he’s a particularly bad coach, but because of the optics. Renney had some success coaching the New York Rangers, but most recently coached the Edmonton Oilers to last and second-last place finishes. He’s currently serving as an assistant with the Detroit Red Wings, however, which isn’t a bad place to be.

AHL and Junior coaches

Dallas Eakins: Eakins has been repeatedly rumoured for multiple NHL coaching jobs and they’ve picked up again recently. He has coached the Toronto Marlies for four seasons, losing in the Calder Cup Finals last year.

Willie Desjardins: It may be his first year as a coach in the AHL, but it seems likely that Desjardins won’t be coaching in the AHL for very long, as he was just named the AHL coach of the year and will be a likely candidate for several NHL coaching jobs in the near future.

Troy Ward: Ward has been a fantastic coach in Abbotsford and was rumoured for the Calgary job before the Flames hired Bob Hartley. Flames Nation went over the many reasons why should have gotten the job and most of them are good reasons for another NHL team, like the Canucks, to take a look at him.

Mike Johnston: Johnston was an assistant coach with the Kings and Canucks and has now proven himself as a head coach with the Portland Winterhawks in the WHL, leading them to two Western Conference finals. He may not have any connection with Gillis, but he is familiar with the Canucks organization.

http://vansunsportsb...ult-gets-fired/

None of the above coaches.

#449 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,023 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

It's almost like they tried that already once. :D

The team is in a much different position now than it was when Nonis was let go. If we're bringing in a new GM at this point it should be for a complete rebuild. Otherwise they might as well just let this core group run out it's course until that time.

AV was new to the team back then and had the attention of the players. It was clear after the last couple of playoffs that just isn't the case anymore.

Posted Image

#450 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

Lol at don cherry blaming the sedins for AV and the other two coaches undoing in vancouver....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.