The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks coach talk. Keep all talk here.

MJDDawg

I want a coach that's not gonna smile and chew gum while the refs pin cushion his team.

i want an ass kicker that will hold this core accountable.

my choices in order.

1Lindy Ruff ( Kassian might have to stop partying and actually focus on hockey )

2Andy Murray

3Carbo

4Boucher

5Gino Odjick (if we say FK the NHL and go straight goon squad)

I think the biggest thing and change is firing brown and Bowness... Both terrible at special teams and defensive coverages and adapting... Teams read them like an open Coles notes

Sad to see AV go but this time get a Stanley cup champion or an up and comer no nonsense coach!

Just as brilliant as stating the bleeding obvious.

I'm not sure what's "bleeding obvious" to you, but what should be is the fact that no-one just walks into an NHL head coaching position without any experience in coaching at any level.

People need to understand that great former players don't necessarily make great coaches, especially when they've never expressed any desire whatsoever in doing so.

You might remember that Stan Smyl was once touted as a future Canuck coach. He couldn't even cut it at the minor league level.

I reluctantly agreed that it was time for a coaching change, but it's still scary now that it's become official without knowing who will be replacing them. Here's hoping we can find exact the coaching staff we need to get the most out of what it still an incredibly talented group of players!

Looking forward to a fresh perspective and a coach that will integrate the youth we need to refresh our team..... Stoked!

What youth FFS. A giant who has neither the concentration or stamina to play anywhere but on the 4th or a midget who didn't have enough intensity to play with the big boys .......yet.

Gragnani was a duffer.

Hodgson would have got what he desired but was too spoiled to wait.

Sweatt wasn't ready.

Jensen was a tit in a trance........the game just passed him by and he was even poor in Chicago.

He did play Corrado who was at best not overawed, because he was desperate.

These guys were all at least a season from the NHL..............the reason he even had to dabble with any of them was Gillis's poverty of trading and incompetence in his assessment of players.

Very glad to hear the news wish he never came to Vancouver at all, now the deed is done I hope the Canucks can get some one who knows how and when to use the players to match the game situations.

I am guessing the a smaller cap means less talent, so I can speculate that players for picks plus a bunch of buy outs are on the way...

Though I have never been a fan of the coach or the choices for assistants I wish them all the luck in the world where ever they may end up working.

Its time to have some new hope.

I reluctantly agreed that it was time for a coaching change, but it's still scary now that it's become official without knowing who will be replacing them. Here's hoping we can find exact the coaching staff we need to get the most out of what it still an incredibly talented group of players!

I don't think it's a big deal to not have a replacement ready. The Canucks have all summer to choose a new coach and I personally would prefer that they take their time and get the absolute best person available...

I don't think it's a big deal to not have a replacement ready. The Canucks have all summer to choose a new coach and I personally would prefer that they take their time and get the absolute best person available...

Wasn't suggesting we should rush into it. Just saying I'll feel better when I know who their replacements will be.

I'm not sure what's "bleeding obvious" to you, but what should be is the fact that no-one just walks into an NHL head coaching position without any experience in coaching at any level.

People need to understand that great former players don't necessarily make great coaches, especially when they've never expressed any desire whatsoever in doing so.

You might remember that Stan Smyl was once touted as a future Canuck coach. He couldn't even cut it at the minor league level.

gretzkyismad.gif

You really think coaching was that big of a part of our success?

Not the fact that we had two all star goalies, two elite MVP's, and a Selke winner second line center? With those pieces in place, what AV did here can only be described as underachievement.

How many nights did our goalies have to stand on their heads to get a win? How is that good coaching?

AV owes whatever success he had here to Luongo and Schneider, period.

I am far more under the impression the players are the ones that underachieved. When is the last time you seen this team up their game when it mattered the most? Yeah they got a few awards, so what. Last time I checked the only award that counts is the one no Canucks team has ever had.

I do agree with Lu making AV look good maybe for his Jack Adams trophy year but other than that not so much. Schneider never made av look good, thats baseless to say the least.

The guy has maybe played a full season combied since he has been here. He stole a few games but crapped the bed hard when it mattered the most.

AV may not be the only reason for their "success" but he was a big part of it. If you think differently then there truly is nothing more to say. Any fan with half a brain watched him play a huge role in turning this franchise around. Gillis on the other hand did what?

Made a couple mediocre trades, signed a few contracts. None of which were really all that stellar. The only players he got a bargain for were the ones that had previous ties to the team under Burke.

The Canucks lose AV and soon Luongo. This franchise will be in decline soon. Mark my words.

Archived