The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks coach talk. Keep all talk here.

MJDDawg

lets look at Ovechkin for a minute. His game had grown stale under boudreau and dale hunter.then Oates comes in and he starts to play hard again and fill the net. You would have to be naive to think Ovechkin doesnt receive the same treatment the twins do.

Also I don't think Louie Erikkson is a better player than Burrows. Your baseing that on 4 games.

lol come on , yes he is

In fairness, isn't a coaching change sort of following AV's own script? He thinks switching goalies can shake things up enough to get the wins without addressing any other problems. Maybe Gillis is taking one final piece of advice from him and hoping that changing coaches will do the trick.

I am far more under the impression the players are the ones that underachieved. When is the last time you seen this team up their game when it mattered the most? Yeah they got a few awards, so what. Last time I checked the only award that counts is the one no Canucks team has ever had.

I do agree with Lu making AV look good maybe for his Jack Adams trophy year but other than that not so much. Schneider never made av look good, thats baseless to say the least.

The guy has maybe played a full season combied since he has been here. He stole a few games but crapped the bed hard when it mattered the most.

AV may not be the only reason for their "success" but he was a big part of it. If you think differently then there truly is nothing more to say. Any fan with half a brain watched him play a huge role in turning this franchise around. Gillis on the other hand did what?

Made a couple mediocre trades, signed a few contracts. None of which were really all that stellar. The only players he got a bargain for were the ones that had previous ties to the team under Burke.

The Canucks lose AV and soon Luongo. This franchise will be in decline soon. Mark my words.

I agree with most of your post, but I think you're a bit off in your assessment of Gillis.

Yes, there was more he could/should have done, (Not replacing Manny's faceoff prowess in particular) but the Hamhuis and Garrison signings are hugely underrated, IMO, as is the re-signing of the twins at less than market value...

Speak of the devil, he's available !

This just happened today

Mayor Rob Ford has been dumped from his position as head coach of the Don Bosco Eagles senior football team, the Toronto Catholic District School Board announced Wednesday.

The TCDSB did not give a clear reason for its decision in a statement released on its website other than to say it is "pursuing a different direction" and thanked Ford for his commitment to the team.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2013/05/22/toronto-mayor-rob-ford-don-bosco-football.html

If true, it was time for him to go. He was a good coach, and will have no problems finding a new coaching position.

It is glaringly obvious that, whilst the current roster of players can grind out wins in the regular season against the more physical teams, they have very limited success against those same teams in the Playoffs. Canucks Management are well aware of the style of hockey that is played, and how it is officiated, in the Playoffs. They have failed to build the team accordingly. This falls on MG's head. It also falls on the head of an under-performing squad of players who left their best behind them somewhere in the 2011 SCF finals.

Good luck AV.

In fairness, isn't a coaching change sort of following AV's own script? He thinks switching goalies can shake things up enough to get the wins without addressing any other problems. Maybe Gillis is taking one final piece of advice from him and hoping that changing coaches will do the trick.

hmmm i wonder if we get a new PP coach that will actually lead to PP goals how much of a difference could that make?

Gave myself the rest of the day off and will consume with joy, a multitude of spirits.

One has to find something to cheer about concerning the Canucks these days.

Still can't understand why this took s long?

Maybe Gillis will announce a new hire today too.

n

Doesn't matter, wanted AV gone a year ago. I don't feel one bit sorry for the guy. He's getting payed regardless.

hmmm i wonder if we get a new PP coach that will actually lead to PP goals how much of a difference could that make?

Well at least a PP coach that could see over the bench would be an upgrade. That'll be a good start.

Honestly I like Crawford. Why not bring him back?

I also like Paul Maurice. Lindy Ruff I was for him but i get the feeling he is similar to AV.

Also why not get Linden in for a postion? The man is respected and I think the players will listen to him

Archived