The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks coach talk. Keep all talk here.

MJDDawg

Trevor linden??? Players would listen. He know the sedins well. Just a thought. And also I would choose a young coach with next to no experience. Mike johnston maybe? Ok just thought of this. What are your thoughts? Nicklas Lidstrom. He's swedish like some of our best players, he could teach edler the ways as a defensman and they r both swedish. Maybe hire two veteran assistant coaches to help him. He's youngish, understands the game very well, a seasoned vet, been there done that. Only reason I could see it not happenning is if he didn't want to leave detroit. But if he did would you say yes? I would

There's a reason why you wouldn't last as (or even get to be) a GM in the NHL.

Yesterday on TSN Jason Botchford said that Lindy Ruff and Dave Tippett would be "terrible" candidates for coach of the Canucks. He believes that a more "cerebral" and "smart" coach is what the Canucks need most to change the culture in the dressing room.

Meanwhile, Neil Smith and the panel said that a veteran voice like Tippett's or Ruff's would be best to lead a veteran core like what the Canucks have...so who knows.

Botchford, what a clown. Tippett is a great thinker of the game. And "cerebral" AND "smart". Holy stupid redundancy, Batman.

Tippett is a great defensive and tactical coach, something we bitched about AV being outcoached at.

He is #1 in my list. I

Looking at the Coyotes defence, its amazing how he made them play better than they are. I think it's safe to say our top 6 defence is better than Phoenix's so its exciting to imagine what he could do with our defence.

We could finally see Edler play to his full potential and what better coach for Corrado and Tanev to improve their game? we've seen what he did with OEL.

CS will be a Vezina candidate for sure and with our defensive game improved we will see more time in the offensive zones.

Our offence will still be there aslong as Kesler, Burrows and the Sedins stay healthy.

But he's also small and he's 57.

Gillis is looking to get bigger and younger.

lol - Excellent!

I think ownership is comitted to going and getting the best coach available. Not an unproven assistant coach.

IMO it will be one of the big names available. Either Ruff orTippett.

Yes, I agree. I see Gillis taking as little risk as possible with this veteran core group: Tippett, if available.

does anyone really think a new coach is going to solve our teams problems? these are grown men.. the style of play wasnt an issue.. neither was the game plan... you need players that care enough to lay it all on the line when it counts and you cant coach that..not to a veteran core like the canucks have. we have seen the best we will ever see out of sedins, burrows, kesler ,bieksa ,hamhuis,higgins and edler a new coach isnt going to change their style of play.... the only thing AV did wrong as a caoch was made it too comfortable for this core group, never held them accountable for bad play.. these core group of guys i mentioned could have bad games and bad weeks and never miss a shift when a young guy in the lineup would get stapled to the bench after one give away.

i really hope they make a bunch of changes, this re-tooling is gonna need more that just some new coaches.

i don't care to ever watch Edler, Raymond, Yappy again and wouldnt mind seeing the twins stay in Sweden and be replaced by guys who value the SCF more than their international team exhibition games.

We need massive changes and starting with this all too spoiled "core" that lost its hunger a couple years ago.

Some interesting tweets from Willie regarding AV getting fired

Willie Mitchell@Willie_Mitch3323h

"Listen SON" you will land back on your feet in no time @kbieksa3 @Ryan_Kesler @strombone1 #canucks #avfired #nhl

Willie Mitchell@Willie_Mitch33

22h

In all seriousness, good luck to #AV & #Bones -one of the nicest men in hockey. #canucks #nhl #avfired #howAVdoes"son"

Mitchell pouring it on AV. On the the team1040 they were saying Willie and AV never got along...never knew that

The only requirement I have in a coach is one who doesn't line juggle 500 times per game. Let guys have some time to develop chemistry. Let the young guys makes mistakes but keep them with the same linemates for an extended period of time and then decide if a change is needed. Not after one failed shift. This has always been my biggest AV gripe.

Archived