The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks coach talk. Keep all talk here.

MJDDawg

Haha. Botchford is such a tool.

He has no contacts in the NHL. Everything he writes is based on speculation and pulling stuff out of his butt.

Anyone could have written that. The precedent is there.

Robinson doesn't like being a head coach, plain and simple. Probably will never take that role again.

Core players have a need for a coach that will give them respect, long leash and a sense of self governing...only a new coach without ego or attitude like Eakins can provide this free reign

Let's hope Gillis does NOT hire a coach like this. He may as well have kept AV if free reign was what he wanted. This team needs more accountability from the core veterans.

Dallas Eakins cannot honestly be the only good ahl coach right now. That's just impossible.

Larry Robinson has no interest in coaching anywhere as a head coach. He's already stated it himself.

IN regards to Eakins working as an assistant. AHL coach to NHL assistant is downgrade. He will never do that.

Mike Gillis waiting for heads to role, to see if Tibbet gets re signed, and to see if Babock or Quinvelle might be available.

Larry Robinson would be a great addition as assistant/associate coach. Especially if a rookie coach is hired. Robinson could certainly help out with his vast knowledge and experience.

Could be changes in Chicago if they lose Game 7. Quenneville is viewed as difficult to work with.

Tortorella still has a year left on his deal. Read one columnist who says he needs to go. If he comes available, would Canucks give any sort of interest in him. I'd like a coach like Torts would won't tolerate any bs and stop this Country Club non-sense.

I like John Stevens for the position. He has coached in a tough hockey market in Philly and is good with young players. Plus he has experience in both the Eastern and Western Conference.

He seems to have the personality to handle the Vancouver media.

He failed as a coach in Philly.

I have too much respect for Robinson to want him subjected to the Vancouver market...

Last time the Canucks were thinking outside the box it garnered us Bill LaForge (R.I.P)

To hell with the core and their sense of entitlement! They are paid very well and there is a reason we have coaches.

Getting the best out of players is a tricky proposition and giving them free reign didn't work.

He failed as a coach in Philly.

There are former "failed" coaches doing well all over the league....

Bruce Boudreau in Anaheim, Randy Carlisle in T.O., Michel Therrien in Montreal...... Coach Q "failed" in St.Louis and Colorado, Babs couldn't get it done in Anaheim, Julien in Montreal, Tippett in Dallas....

There are former "failed" coaches doing well all over the league....

Bruce Boudreau in Anaheim, Randy Carlisle in T.O., Michel Therrien in Montreal...... Coach Q "failed" in St.Louis and Colorado, Babs couldn't get it done in Anaheim, Julien in Montreal, Tippett in Dallas....

Everybody laughed when the Blues brought in Hitchcock, after an absolute FAIL in Philly...

Everybody laughed when the Blues brought in Hitchcock, after an absolute FAIL in Philly...

To be fair, the Blues haven't gone past 2nd round under Hitchcock either. In fact, they were swept by the Kings last year.

Haha. Botchford is such a tool.

He has no contacts in the NHL. Everything he writes is based on speculation and pulling stuff out of his butt.

I agree Botchford is a tool but CBC has also said Robinson has no interest in being a head coach anymore too

my vote is for Don Hay as head coach Trever Linden and Stan Smyl for assistants.three very prominent vancouver personalities and three high quality individuals who the player even the vets could learn from and would respect .

would hate to see tippits or ruff get the job d first boring hockey sucks.and if you read the statement Gillis made he wants the team to play an" entertaining up beat style" so you can rule out 1/3 off the guys on that list.

TORTS IS NOW AVAILABLE!

Get it done!

He deflects the media well, I think that would be good for this team. Take the pressure off the players a bit.

Linden as Assistant. and Id be in heaven.

Dallas Eakins is of course overrated because of the TO connection.

If we're going the AHL coach route, then why not go to the team that eliminated Eakins' Marlies?

Jeff Blashill - Won championship for USHL Indiana Ice in year one. Now in year one for Grand Rapids and is currently en route to probably another championship in year one. Was an assistant for Detroit last season. He's clearly being primed for an NHL head coaching job. Will probably get one right away.

Might be another Paul Maclean-type gold nugget. Might not be experienced enough.

Archived