The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks coach talk. Keep all talk here.

MJDDawg

Don't think Edler has ego issues.. His problems are mental mistakes.

I wasn't referring to reining in Eddie's ego. It was more a case of wanting to see him get his head straightened out and his confidence back. As you say, his problem is between his ears, not with his body.

I believe that Stevens could have had a positive effect in that regard.

One thing that is not really mentioned is that IF Torts is our Coach and AV moved to NYR...we'll see if it was either the coach or the players that failed...what you guys think? What if NYR are way more successful than us this year under AV?

It's probably going to be very close to a wash. Both teams are very good, both coaches are very good. Although I do believe Torts is more able to be a chameleon than AV. AV strikes me as a one trick pony.

• 9 months later...

It's probably going to be very close to a wash. Both teams are very good, both coaches are very good. Although I do believe Torts is more able to be a chameleon than AV. AV strikes me as a one trick pony.

I'd love to ride that one trick pony now!

And this is not hindsight. I knew there'd be trouble with Torts coming in and I said it. On the other hand AV has the Rangers playing well and going into the playoffs.

Archived