The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Statement from Coach V

Clinch16

AV is an excellent coach, but when you're not getting results it's time to change your approach and I agree with Gillis' decision. He did some good things here though and he should have no trouble finding a new gig.

He wants to remain an NHL coach? Of course he will. His time was up in Van, but a new beginning awaits. He isn't a Ron Wilson where he gets fired and can't find work.

He will get a job in Dallas or Tampa I think.

Saw that and posted it in the pinned thread. Very good coach, even great, but had some things he did that didn't work out here and appeared to have been tuned out to some degree, or his message wasn't being taken with enough emphasis to put it another way. Good luck to him wherever he goes.

I think this is what needed to be done to move forward but as a fan of this team it will be wrong not to thank AV for everything he has done for this club. So for that.. Thank you AV.... I wish you success where every the road takes you to dallas

He wants to remain an NHL coach? Of course he will. His time was up in Van, but a new beginning awaits. He isn't a Ron Wilson where he gets fired and can't find work.

He will get a job in Dallas or Tampa I think.

Archived