The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Statement from Coach V

Clinch16

Well, as much as I dislike his coaching decisions at times, I'd have to agree and say he will be missed from the bench... Sure he's been criticized to hell and back, however he's been the most accomplished coach for this organization and it will be very hard to replace that.

With that being said, I hope some other team picks him up.

Thanks for all the great times and accomplishment's.

it is sad to see him go, but he will be coaching next season. He did some good things but also made some big mistakes. Keith Ballard has been unfairly treated by AV from day 1 and this season the Luongo treatment was questionable.

I for one am going to miss AV.

One of two Canuck coaches to get the Jack Adams award.

Got the only two prez trophies this franchise has ever seen.

1 of 3 SCF appearances.

Coached the only Art Ross(2), Selke, Hart, and Jennings trophy winners this team has ever seen.

It has been a pleasure watching you grow as a coach with our core AV.

You will be missed.

You guys are pathetic. First Luongo and now AV. You guys call for their heads but as soon as they leave or prepare to leave you guys start to feel sorry for them and want them back. StupidFAnbase

Overall he did a very good job (recordwise etc), but benching a goalie when he's keeping the team in the games the last 2 playoff series looked a little bit too desperate...still likes his pressconferences, but like some said: it was time!

While I may not be an AV fan, I hope he rebounds well and makes a team like Phoenix/Nashville a perennial playoff team.

I definitely think he has it in him.

Although he has said some dumb things about his players, he has always acted with class with the media and the NHL.

Way to leave on a good note AV.

What on earth is with all the sentimentality up in here..? The way some of you are talking its as if AV was your father or something..

He was our coach, he got to coach and do what he loves and will continue to on another team I am sure.. The canucks players I could understand having some emotion towards it, but us the fans?

Not to mention that one week everyone is happy to flame him to death and then today its all "we'll miss you Alain!!! *sob*"

I don't get it clearly.. I mean this is a business at the end of the day is it not? He's been here for near 8 years... Sheesh

Archived